New Ubuntu Update 10.10 Broke my SDK?

Search This thread

jorny32

Aug 31, 2010
Fargo
[Q] Hey guys, I just updated to Ubuntu 10.10 and now my SDK is gone! I tried to look into why it wasn't working and the software manager tool in Eclipse says that Android is installed. I don't even have any of the Android SDK buttons showing anymore? Can someone help a fellow dev?

[SOLVED] Go to the eclipse website, download Eclipse for linux, uninstall your old eclipse, extract your new eclipse wherever and go into the folder and click the application button titled eclipse. :) Then reinstall all the android stuff.

Last edited:

ellarsee

Oct 12, 2010
Santa Cruz, CA
At the informal android developer's meetup tonight, there were two of us with this same problem.
One issue that I found was that PATH in .profile got broken.

We suspect that using the version of eclipse that came with ubuntu, rather than 3.5 downloaded directly from eclipse might also be causing problems.

willvarfar

Oct 12, 2010
I have the same problem; ellarsee, can you be more specific how you got it running again?

(what is .mprofile and where is it, for example? (Googling isn't helping me find out))

jorny32

Aug 31, 2010
Fargo
Is it possible the Java packages are not installed anymore in Ubuntu?

I tried this...

sudo apt-get install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-jdk

Updated a lot of stuff but Eclipse Android is still gone...

Last edited:

jorny32

Aug 31, 2010
Fargo
Does anyone have this figured out yet??????????????????????????????? I NEED TO GET MOVING ON SOME APPS! THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!

d3t00r

Aug 23, 2010
Vancouver
Removal and re-install of ADT plugin does not help

This is the error that appeared in my project the first time I ran eclipse after the 10.10 upgrade from 10.04.

Code:
The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the build path then try building this project

I attempted to fix the build path (Properties->Java Build Path) and noticed that

com.adroid.ide.eclipse.adt.ANDROID_FRAMEWORK was not checked. I checked it but this made no difference.

Going to try complete uninstall of eclipse...

ellarsee

Oct 12, 2010
Santa Cruz, CA
It's still not working for me

Not .mprofile .profile, it's like .bashrc, a script that is run when you log in, and can set your $PATH variable, or other environment variables.
emacs ~/.profile
or
vi ~/.profile
should enable you to edit it.

Has anyone tried just a fresh reinstall of everything to work on android apps?

Someone asked about java, it's still in /usr/bin/java

willvarfar

Oct 12, 2010
SOLUTION

Can't post outside links. So you'll have to google the bug numbers I give.

Ubuntu bug is here: bugs.launchpad # 633198

This points at a debian bug: bugs.debian.org # 587657

Debian bug contains a workaround where you edit the file:

~/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_*/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info

And you change the concurrent package location (I had too entries, I had to remove them both and insert the line in the debian bug)

and then things magically worked for me again!

Best of luck everyone