[CLOSED][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0][Daredevil] LineageOS 16.0 [2019/11/28]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
https%3A%2F%2Fwww.techtolead.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2FLineage-OS.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend you people to flash any other custom kernels on this ROM untill Nokia release kernel sources. Because this ROM supports only stock kernel .

1. Download Rom.zip , Perf-Stock-9.0-DDV_sprout.zip , twrp.img & vbmeta.img
2. power off your phone boot in to bootloader mode and flash twrp
3. Boot in to Twrp
4. Format data by typing yes
5. Wipe everything
6. Flash rom.zip
7. Now tap on reboot and tap on recovery now your phone reboots in to twrp again
8. Tap on reboot and check your current active slot.
Example - if twrp shows current active slot A change to B if B change to A
9. Now flash Gapps.zip
10. Now flash Perf-Stock-9.0-DDV_sprout.zip
11. Wipe all except system & vendor
10. Tap on reboot bootloader
11. Now your phone boots in to bootloader mode
12. Now open cmd in pc flash vbmeta using this command

for slot-a > fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
for slot-b> fastboot flash vbmeta_b --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
( thanks to @singhnsk for this step )
13. now type fastboot reboot
and wait for 3 min rom will boot up

Credits
* LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
* All the authors in my git sources
* Nokia For Prebuilt Vendor & Kernel Source
* Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)
* My entire Nokia 7.2 community Thank you all for your massive support Again

Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Whats working?
Ril
Wifi
Mobile data
Double tap to wake
Double tap to sleep
Adaptive brightness
Dark theme
Ambient display
Flash light
Sound / vibration
Camera
Volte
Selinux - permissive
Fingerprint

Known issues

All fixed for now . comment below if you face any bugs

FLASH GAPPS MANUALLY

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 973
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 985
Last edited:
Reactions: JoSoFer

Ungewiss

Nov 14, 2013
This is just awesome. Thanks for being that fast!

I ordered a Nokia 7.2 as business phone. First thing I'll do is unlock and flash this rom. Wouldn't have ordered without LOS support.

Arunragav

Sep 22, 2011
Chennai
How is the battery life compared to stock? Somebody who is currently using this, could someone pls let know about this? Thanks.

JoSoFer

Mar 30, 2011
Hey! I guess I messed up... bootloader is unlocked but when I tried to flash with TWRP, for any reason I still having the "original" boot running and now I have no wifi... Any one can provide me a guidance?

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Hey! I guess I messed up... bootloader is unlocked but when I tried to flash with TWRP, for any reason I still having the "original" boot running and now I have no wifi... Any one can provide me a guidance?
Here twrp file will perform as two ways

Boot & twrp

If you know what exactly a/b partition phone does you won't get this doubt.

Talon Pro

Mar 17, 2009
Do we need or can we lock the bootloader after to keep the warning showing every time you reboot?

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

BUG- Double tap to wake not working, the slider is set to ON. I tried turning it off and back on and rebooting the phone and that didnt work on this ROM.

singhnsk

Nov 11, 2012
www.techmesto.com
Do we need or can we lock the bootloader after to keep the warning showing every time you reboot?
Hi, please understand how bootloaders work. The locked bootloader ensures that secure boot is in place and the device will deny to boot if it notes any tampering from the OEM's hashes. So, never lock the bootloader on a custom software - the device will more or less become a brick ?

Talon Pro

Mar 17, 2009
Hi, please understand how bootloaders work. The locked bootloader ensures that secure boot is in place and the device will deny to boot if it notes any tampering from the OEM's hashes. So, never lock the bootloader on a custom software - the device will more or less become a brick
All you had to say was "no".

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Will this ROM become official?
Not even interested to follow their rules & regulations towards official tag. Due to i don't know when i will do builds. & I don't know when i will update or bug fixes. completely depends on my schedule So not interested towards official tag & also iam not ready to follow their rules as well.

Main reason - my schedule and my infra

Last edited:
Reactions: BigFatTony
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.techtolead.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2FLineage-OS.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend you people to flash any other custom kernels on this ROM untill Nokia release kernel sources. Because this ROM supports only stock kernel .

1. Download Rom.zip , Perf-Stock-9.0-DDV_sprout.zip , twrp.img & vbmeta.img
    2. power off your phone boot in to bootloader mode and flash twrp
    3. Boot in to Twrp
    4. Format data by typing yes
    5. Wipe everything
    6. Flash rom.zip
    7. Now tap on reboot and tap on recovery now your phone reboots in to twrp again
    8. Tap on reboot and check your current active slot.
    Example - if twrp shows current active slot A change to B if B change to A
    9. Now flash Gapps.zip
    10. Now flash Perf-Stock-9.0-DDV_sprout.zip
    11. Wipe all except system & vendor
    10. Tap on reboot bootloader
    11. Now your phone boots in to bootloader mode
    12. Now open cmd in pc flash vbmeta using this command

for slot-a > fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
    for slot-b> fastboot flash vbmeta_b --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
    ( thanks to @singhnsk for this step )
    13. now type fastboot reboot
    and wait for 3 min rom will boot up

Credits
    * LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
    * All the authors in my git sources
    * Nokia For Prebuilt Vendor & Kernel Source
    * Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)
    * My entire Nokia 7.2 community Thank you all for your massive support Again

Whats working?
    Ril
    Wifi
    Mobile data
    Double tap to wake
    Double tap to sleep
    Adaptive brightness
    Dark theme
    Ambient display
    Flash light
    Sound / vibration
    Camera
    Volte
    Selinux - permissive
    Fingerprint

Known issues

All fixed for now . comment below if you face any bugs

FLASH GAPPS MANUALLY
    Thank you. Works good :)
    Do you HAVE to flash Gapps if you dont want them?

Why? I have been using LineageOS on different devices without Gapps for years. So there is no need to flash them if you don't want them.
    Will this ROM become official?
    Not even interested to follow their rules & regulations towards official tag. Due to i don't know when i will do builds. & I don't know when i will update or bug fixes. completely depends on my schedule So not interested towards official tag & also iam not ready to follow their rules as well.

Main reason - my schedule and my infra