I've got the unlock code for my G5+ Prime Exclusive from Motorola's site

Search This thread

darklogic

Jun 1, 2018
Capiatá
I'm really surprised. Minutes ago I tried to get the unlock code for my Prime Exclusive phone, expecting "a miracle" but indeed: it happened. Can anyone else try to get the unlock from Motorola's site to confirm that is working now for Amazon Prime Exclusive Moto G5+? I'm a little afraid of "bricking" my phone :(

xU4vgbO

xU4vgbO

Sorry for the images... I couln't find the button for attachments

Last edited:

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I'm really surprised. Minutes ago I tried to get the unlock code for my Prime Exclusive phone, expecting "a miracle" but indeed: it happened. Can anyone else try to get the unlock from Motorola's site to confirm that is working now for Amazon Prime Exclusive Moto G5+? I'm a little afraid of "bricking" my phone :(

You have probably gotten a "golden" IMEI... we know a few Amazon phones leak through the system and can be unlocked, we hear rumors from time to time of someone getting lucky.

I don't have any more Amazon Prime devices here anymore, but would be curious to have others try but I expect you just got lucky. Be aware that returning to stock after modifying the device could be problematic as we have no firmware images from the amazon software channel and a different software channel won't flash, but custom ROM's work.

Remember, you have gotten the code... so your Moto warranty is voided no matter what you do (although Amazon will likely honor it if it's within return window). Tread carefully, few people have been in your shoes. :/

Last edited:

NorthZebra

Dec 16, 2015

xU4vgbO

xU4vgbO

Did this today morning, with my Moto G5 plus amazon prime and now with the ROM][8.1.0][POTTER] Pixel Experience already. :)

jumphour

Mar 10, 2011
CT
I hardly read up on my G5 Plus here because the phone was unrootable, but I thought I'd come see what's new and WOW.....how cool is this. Now I'm unlocked, have TWRP, Magisk, and I'm happy with the phone again, even though it's not my daily driver. I had a fun afternoon.

I know we don't have the stock image to restore, and I DON'T EVEN CARE. LOL I'll have to put my TWRP backup somewhere safe or just use custom ROMs. I was too excited to NOT toy with the phone today.

Last edited:
Reactions: acejavelin

Scottchy014

Sep 25, 2013
Charlotte
I just tried mine this morning and I can confirm that it works!

If you are reading this and haven't got your unlock code, at the least, you need to do it soon. Just make sure to read ALL the Moto disclaimers and especially these forums so you know what you're getting into.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using XDA Labs

ApisNatural

Jun 5, 2018
I don't believe you, so tell us how the heck did you get into fastboot mode?
I'm in develop mode, oem and usb debug choosen and after each reboot the cell boots into typical phone mode, no fastboot.

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
I don't believe you, so tell us how the heck did you get into fastboot mode?
I'm in develop mode, oem and usb debug choosen and after each reboot the cell boots into typical phone mode, no fastboot.
Power off your device completlely and then press and hold the volume down button for 2 or 3 seconds.While still holding down volume down, press and release the power key. That should bring you into fastboot mode.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

Last edited:

ApisNatural

Jun 5, 2018
Doubt that scenario, I tried it when it was down and received the same answer.
maybe it's due to the cell updates being current.

I've been wondering if I reset the phone, would the phone be back to the way it was when I purchased it without the updates.

krison01

May 5, 2016
maybe it needs to be out of warranty ?
no that wouldn't make sense, haven't seen any post about the g4 being unlockable

Last edited:

ApisNatural

Jun 5, 2018
it would be interesting to hear from those people who supposedly had their Amazon G5plus bootloader's unlocked.
I have the amazon exclusive...the xt1687 updated to March 2018 patch.

what I wonder and don't know is if I were to do a factory reset, would it go back to the condition before I did the updates?

Last edited:

Scottchy014

Sep 25, 2013
Charlotte
it would be interesting to hear from those people who supposedly had their Amazon G5plus bootloader's unlocked.

what I wonder and don't know is if I were to do a factory reset, would it go back to the condition before I did the updates?

If you do a factory reset, you'll still be on the March update. I've attached a screenshot of my phone in dual screen. I have the same phone, XT1687, too. I happen to get the unlock code before the website went under maintenance. I was able to install TWRP for recovery and Magisk for root.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180611-205701.png
    Screenshot_20180611-205701.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 225

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor

Your software version isn't relevant actually... The code generated and issued is the same across versions of Android.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You have probably gotten a "golden" IMEI... we know a few Amazon phones leak through the system and can be unlocked, we hear rumors from time to time of someone getting lucky.

I don't have any more Amazon Prime devices here anymore, but would be curious to have others try but I expect you just got lucky. Be aware that returning to stock after modifying the device could be problematic as we have no firmware images from the amazon software channel and a different software channel won't flash, but custom ROM's work.

Remember, you have gotten the code... so your Moto warranty is voided no matter what you do (although Amazon will likely honor it if it's within return window). Tread carefully, few people have been in your shoes. :/

xU4vgbO

xU4vgbO

Did this today morning, with my Moto G5 plus amazon prime and now with the ROM][8.1.0][POTTER] Pixel Experience already. :)

xU4vgbO

xU4vgbO

the amz version can be unlocked now it seems I got it also
    I hardly read up on my G5 Plus here because the phone was unrootable, but I thought I'd come see what's new and WOW.....how cool is this. Now I'm unlocked, have TWRP, Magisk, and I'm happy with the phone again, even though it's not my daily driver. I had a fun afternoon.

I know we don't have the stock image to restore, and I DON'T EVEN CARE. LOL I'll have to put my TWRP backup somewhere safe or just use custom ROMs. I was too excited to NOT toy with the phone today.