[GUIDE]Viber on Nexus 7

Search This thread

mkoch820

Sep 24, 2010
Ooh, that's perfect for now, I'll register with another number. I'm waiting forward the multi-device update! Thank you!

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
Ah man, so close, setup my nexus 7 with work mobile number, can call my s3 mobile, but there is no sound on the nexus 7. Nexus 7 is using home WiFi, mobile is using 3g, any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
First, as mentioned above, please note that Viber does not offiically support Nexus 7, and this could unfortunately be the reason for the problem.
However, you may still check the following:

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

3. Try a few different earphones connected to the Nexus 7, and see if this helps.

nm8

Jan 8, 2006
Undershire
already installed the latest and no sound coming out from my Nexus 7... I am using Note 2 to call and connected to HSDPA+ and the Nexus connected to my wifi router... at least the messaging works for now....

To the Viber team..... please support this device......

Thank to op... and thanks Viber team!!!!

mkoch820

Sep 24, 2010
already installed the latest and no sound coming out from my Nexus 7... I am using Note 2 to call and connected to HSDPA+ and the Nexus connected to my wifi router... at least the messaging works for now....

To the Viber team..... please support this device......

Thank to op... and thanks Viber team!!!!

Interesting... For me voice call on speaker and on plugged in earphones also works. I used it on dirty aokp 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 too. My partner even said that the sound quality is better than it was on my nexus S.

I'm hoping to get an update which supports tablets to have better messaging interface.

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
@nm8 -

We'll do our best to support Nexus 7 officially as soon as possible.
However, please note that Viber has been reported to work with Nexus 7 for many users. You may want to consult with them to see if it be tweaked to work this way or another ;)

Reactions: ql4y3r and nm8

mkoch820

Sep 24, 2010
For me it works without any additional steps or tweaks. Just install the apk, register and use it. Could sound stupid, but have you tried checking volume settings? :)

vkrivokuca

Mar 4, 2011
www.casastorta.net
@nm8 -

We'll do our best to support Nexus 7 officially as soon as possible.
However, please note that Viber has been reported to work with Nexus 7 for many users. You may want to consult with them to see if it be tweaked to work this way or another ;)

Yo, Viber staff. Everything works fine, except when earphones are plugged in Nexus 7, it still lets audio out on speaker.

When can we expect that to be fixed? IMO, you can safely call it "supported" on Nexus 7 then.

Nexus 7 3G 32gig/Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

Reactions: vietne

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
@vkrivokuca -

We hope to attend to Tablets in general (not only Nexus 7) in future update of Viber. When we say a device is officially supported, we mean that we've tested it thoroughly and adapted Viber's programming to its special characteristics. Therefore, we can't say at the moment that Nexus 7 is officially supported :(

Reactions: tieuphi2006

vkrivokuca

Mar 4, 2011
www.casastorta.net
@vkrivokuca -

We hope to attend to Tablets in general (not only Nexus 7) in future update of Viber. When we say a device is officially supported, we mean that we've tested it thoroughly and adapted Viber's programming to its special characteristics. Therefore, we can't say at the moment that Nexus 7 is officially supported :(

Ok, I get that part, but thank you. :victory:

What I meant to say is - you have (as far as I can see) only that one detail to iron out for Nexus 7.

All else seems ok: phone interface is fine - we Nexus 7 users are used to it, communication works (both messaging and voice). It's just that it doesn't recognize headphones when they are plugged in to Nexus 7 (I don't remember how it acted on my Desire Z).
:cowboy:

Reactions: laehtis

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
@vkrivokuca -

It might seem as simple as this, but very specific problems (even if they are just a few) might have more "deep" sources, and might require special development and testing.
As I explained, unfortunately at this stage we will not be able to look into it, but we certainly hope to make Viber compatible with Tablets (in general) in the future.

I apologize if this isn't the answer you were looking for :(

Reactions: tieuphi2006

Ecocan

Jan 17, 2013
As the Viber is updated, i am looking forward to see the latest APK.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

jonsey

Aug 12, 2006
sorry for the stupid question...but,i've the Nexus 7 3G,i've installed the Viber on it.Can i make phone calls on a normal phone over 3g/wiFi if i put the sim card in the micro sim slot in the Nexus 7?
Cheeres

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
sorry for the stupid question...but,i've the Nexus 7 3G,i've installed the Viber on it.Can i make phone calls on a normal phone over 3g/wiFi if i put the sim card in the micro sim slot in the Nexus 7?
Cheeres

Viber gives you the option to only have internet-calls (not regular, cellular calls) between any 2 Viber users.

nm8

Jan 8, 2006
Undershire
Hi there Viber Team... may I make a request, would it be possible to switch off Viber, like a toggle switch for when I go to sleep, I get woken up by either the sound or flashing light when someone tries to send me a message. I don't want to switch off my phone, and I don't want to unregister then re-register my device with viber again...

Maybe a Toggle switch will do...

Many thanks

tieuphi2006

May 10, 2012
Hihi.. I just like new update on nexus 7..but it's used good..now I can how made update..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys , i started a thread on how to get Viber on your nexus 7.On the Play Store page on the Viber it says :
    " What's in this version:
    v2.2.1:
    * Support for Jelly Bean (android 4.1) :)
    * Bug fixes and improvements
    Thank you all for your feedback. " but it you can't run it on the N7 . Its very easy . So :

1. Download it

2. Open it with ES File Explorer
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And now the problem comes : You cannot use your viber account on your phone and oon your N7 / tablet , so you will have to send the validation code ( or something like that ) to another phone number ( *YOUR CHOICE* )
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.Run it

And you are ready . I use it for more than 2 days and it runs perfectly smooth . Take a look at it .

And.......If i helped you please click the THANKS BUTTON
    Does it work if I want to keep on my phone too? So I make a titanium backup on my phone, copy the backup to the n7, and restore it. Will it work if I don't uninstall from phone? Or will it mess up things?
    Thanks

We hope we understood your question correctly:

At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously. When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
    In future versions we are planning to add an option to register Viber on multiple devices. Once we have news on that, we'll let you know :)
    Hi,
    This is an official representative of Viber Media. :)

@ levskiboy1 - Thanks for your guide!
    Tablets are not fully supported yet by Viber, but you may download Viber's latest version from: http://bit.ly/xqfTBt and it should generally work fine.
    Let us know if you have any issues. :)

For further assistance please feel free to contact us, we'd be happy to assist.
    Thanks,
    Viber
    @quizface and @grandluck -

Sorry about my late response.

Please note that Viber does not officially support Nexus 7 yet (and Tablets in general), and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://bit.ly/Hm5k9p
    We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Or you can use your titanium backup file.. just restore it on your N7.. works for whatsapp also... :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium