AEONFLEX Q&A Troubleshooting

Search This thread

bl4ckdr4gon

Jun 18, 2012
im not able to use playstore, when i try to download something it says error 403. But is it able to lose the navigation bar without leaving the unusable area in the bottom of the screen?

Try clearing Play Store cache. Have you tried GMD Auto Hide Softkeys? Works fine for me. :)

Sent from my AEONFlex-ish LG D802 using XDA Premium

Mouzey

Feb 15, 2012
Mediaserver battery drain

This may well be a problem specific to me, however, i hace noticed that after flashing a different rom after using aeonflex for a long time, the jpg files in the aeonflex wallpapers folder became 'corrupt'. They seemed fine, however could not be deleted. Corruptvimages are one of tje leading causes of the (quickly becoming) infamous mediaserver battery drain, chewing up 30-60 percent of battery life! To solve the issue, i deleted the files through the gallery app, not a file manager, and reboooted.

Apart from this, awesome rom! I was getting benchmarks on antutu of 39000!

Thanks!

Reactions: bigfau

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
This may well be a problem specific to me, however, i hace noticed that after flashing a different rom after using aeonflex for a long time, the jpg files in the aeonflex wallpapers folder became 'corrupt'. They seemed fine, however could not be deleted. Corruptvimages are one of tje leading causes of the (quickly becoming) infamous mediaserver battery drain, chewing up 30-60 percent of battery life! To solve the issue, i deleted the files through the gallery app, not a file manager, and reboooted.

Apart from this, awesome rom! I was getting benchmarks on antutu of 39000!

Thanks!

Go HERE and install this app. Problem will be solved.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

i have the same problem with 403 error

Still hung up on this? I believe it was a Google problem.

PesSarmiento

Apr 10, 2012
New York
Apple iPhone 12
Has it worked in the past on this ROM?
Did you just flash the ROM?
Did you update the app?

More info would help to troubleshoot.

This is my first time with this ROM: Aeonflex v3.0.2
It was working fine before the update. After the update I can't use the app. I already clean cache and data of the app but isnt working.

It is working now. I just uninstalled the app and reinstall it

Last edited:

rquiett

Jan 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
This is my first time with this ROM: Aeonflex v3.0.2
It was working fine before the update. After the update I can't use the app. I already clean cache and data of the app but isnt working.

It is working now. I just uninstalled the app and reinstall it

just so you know. The problem was that the youtube included is a modded version. The fact that you updated it in the playstore is why it broke.

GreyFawkes

May 2, 2013
You could add that ATT users coming from the 'o' firmware need to roll back to 'd' and that a lot of users are having issues with the newest TWRP and Philz.
Not rom-specific but worth mentioning.

This. Yes.
Had so much trouble flashing earlier, after hours I realized I was on "o" and not "d" because it was shipped to me from AT&T today. Had to flash to "d" build using lgflashtools to get it working (even rooting and TWRP was a b****).

ALSO
Which YouTube apk was included with this ROM? It auto updated the app again, so I had to uninstall YouTube. :/

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: AyDee

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer
This. Yes.
Had so much trouble flashing earlier, after hours I realized I was on "o" and not "d" because it was shipped to me from AT&T today. Had to flash to "d" build using lgflashtools to get it working (even rooting and TWRP was a b****).

ALSO
Which YouTube apk was included with this ROM? It auto updated the app again, so I had to uninstall YouTube. :/

This is the modded version of YouTube with download feature that was packaged with the rom.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2213945

GreyFawkes

May 2, 2013
This is the modded version of YouTube with download feature that was packaged with the rom.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2213945

I hate to be this guy... I seriously can't find any tuts on this. I don't know how to get around the YouTube login. I've tried going to system/app and pasting the apk (saw somewhere on the nets), but I don't have proper permissions. Maybe its because I'm using ES File Explorer?

Thank you @bigfau. You've done some fantastic work on this ROM, thanks for being in the community!

Reactions: bigfau

bback789

Jul 18, 2012
knoxville
I must be an idiot but I can not find the LG backup app any were to download please point to location or a link please

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know what to do. If you have any questions or problems come here. Me or someone else will do our best to help you resolve any issues.

@bigfau, any fix for camera issue ?

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D802?
    Try "App Settings" module in Xposed. Change camera DPI to 479 or 481.

ÆONFLEX - 3.0.1

ÆONFLEX-3.0.3 Why Flash Anything Else.
    Members, lets please stay on the Topic of troubleshooting regarding AeonFlex....The other matters regarding permissions are being addressed and will be handled.....

Thank You.
    **This is "my" way of doing things on my D800. I cannot take any responsibility for your device getting effed up no matter who's directions you follow!"

So you think you've got issues with this ROM? Won't boot, flash or start-up. Well, maybe you haven't followed the proper flashing sequence or you have a bad download. Did you know that 99.999% of the issues people are having is user related? Well, maybe I don't know the exact percentage, but you get my drift. :)

Seriously though, before posting a question, make sure you have done all the personal troubleshooting possible. To help make this a little easier, I am posting the exact method I use for flashing this ROM and I haven't had a single issue.

Before flashing any ROM, you should always be sure to do a proper back-up of your EFS files. This could very well save you from a bricked G2 and save you from having headaches if you do something wrong during the flash, wipe, etc...

The method I use is to download FreeGee from HERE. Once you have downloaded and installed FreeGee, you will have an option for backing up your EFS files and also will provided the different versions of TWRP (TWRP is all I use). Once your EFS files are backed-up, immediately upload them to the "cloud". If you need a good cloud app, HERE is one.

Now that you have this done, you are ready to attempt installing a custom ROM. Here are the steps that I take:

1. Boot into recovery
    2. Make a back-up of your current ROM
    3. Go back to the recovery home screen
    4. Hit the Wipe button
    5. Hit the Advanced Wipe button
    6. Check the boxes for Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache. DO NOT CHECK THE INTERNAL STORAGE BOX!!!
    7. Once the wipe is complete, go back to the recovery home screen
    8. Hit the Install box
    9. Choose the ROM you want to install
    10. Swipe to confirm the flash

Once the flash is done, it should say successful if all went correctly. From that screen hit Reboot System. You should see the sweet boot screen and then be brought to the setup screen.

If you have done all this and you are still having trouble, please re-download the ROM and follow the steps again. You may have gotten a bad download.

If after you have followed these steps twice and you still have a ROM specific question, post away.

If anyone has something to add to this, let me know and I will add it. I hope this helps at least one person. bigfau, if you want me to remove this, please let me know.

Other Notes:
    ~ If you are on the software version that ends with "o", you will likely have to LGFlash back to the "d" version. @AyDee Thank you!
    ~ The newer version of TWRP and Philz Recovery may cause issues with flashing. I am using TWRP v2.6.3.3 and have no issues with it.
    I've been noticing a lot of complaints about the lack of mobile data on the LS980.

I tried this rom out myself and was only able to access the mobile networks menu once, after that it was greyed out. And there's no menu for updating PRL/Profile and ##UPDATE# doesn't work either.

How do we get mobile data? Kind of an important feature on a smartphone.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it is with great joy that i bring you today, the ls980 data fix for aeonflex

Step 1) flash a stock based rom that you know for sure has working data for you.

Step 2) in system settings, update prl and profile.

Step 3) download apn backup and restore from play store after testing mobile data and confirming it works.

Step 4) backup apns

Step 5) flash aeonflex and patch as per the instructions for the rom

Step 6) using WiFi, install apn backup and restore and system/app mover from play store.

Step 7) using system/app mover, make apn backup and restore a system app

Step 7a) you can also do this manually with a root file browser by moving the apk to /system/app and setting permissions. Recommended for advanced users only

Step 8) reboot

Step 9) open apn backup and restore and press menu then select disable ics check

Step 10) restore apns

Step 11) reboot.

You should now have working 3g/4g data depending on your coverage area.

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Can someone post the KitKat LG home theme

Sent from my K00F using Tapatalk

Not trying to be an ass but no, because its in MyHUB for download.Plus it is also located in the G2 thread for download also. You could have found it by now if you would have done a search first instead of asking for it

ÆONFLEX-3.0.3 Why Flash Anything Else.