[Q] Removing custom lock SGS4

Search This thread

someandroiduser

Jun 14, 2014
Hi,

I'm trying to get my SGS4 to a very stock look, and right now the "custom" stuff is showing up during boot. I've tried recovery reset and flashing an ODIN tar to it, full-wipe, and still nothing. The phone is on kitkat (NC5). What can I do to remove the padlock and custom from startup? I've read that an ODIN tar would be a sure-fire way, but apparently that didn't work.

--
Dante

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Hi,

I'm trying to get my SGS4 to a very stock look, and right now the "custom" stuff is showing up during boot. I've tried recovery reset and flashing an ODIN tar to it, full-wipe, and still nothing. The phone is on kitkat (NC5). What can I do to remove the padlock and custom from startup? I've read that an ODIN tar would be a sure-fire way, but apparently that didn't work.

--
Dante

Triangle away might work

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

RJV3

Mar 8, 2012
New York City
Hi,

--
Dante
Download triangle away from the play store and follow the instructions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Hi,

--
Dante

Definitely Tri Angle Away
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.triangleaway

Don't get too spooked by all the warnings it gives you about possibly bricking your phone. I've used it on multiple roms and with different kernels and IF it doesn't work it simply boots you into download mode or stock recovery and you can just reboot.

If it just turns your phone off... than manually boot into stock recovery and Tri Angle Away should take over from there with instructions for you. Basically just hit volume up to reset flash counter and your good. That silly custom screen will be no more!

Reactions: MrKrunch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

--
    Dante

Definitely Tri Angle Away
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.triangleaway

Don't get too spooked by all the warnings it gives you about possibly bricking your phone. I've used it on multiple roms and with different kernels and IF it doesn't work it simply boots you into download mode or stock recovery and you can just reboot.

If it just turns your phone off... than manually boot into stock recovery and Tri Angle Away should take over from there with instructions for you. Basically just hit volume up to reset flash counter and your good. That silly custom screen will be no more!