[Script] Delete unwanted apps

Search This thread

mathm2013

Jan 1, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Hello, guys. I saw this thread today and thought of doing the same thing for Moto G. I just adapted it, some apps and odex were differents. So, here it is.

Download:
In attachments

Way to install:
Put it on /sdcard and flash by recovery. After, wipe dalvik cache.

Things to do:
Give some love to this ugly op :p
Delete apps you suggest, as i couldn't add more because i don't have a backup and didn't want mess it all :S

Credits: MoJo - script creator

Well, this is it. Thanks for reading it all.

Attachments

• DebloatMotoG.zip
    126.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

alonsoch

May 28, 2012
Hidalgo Del Parral Chihuahu
Hello, guys. I saw this thread today and thought of doing the same thing for Moto G. I just adapted it, some apps and odex were differents. So, here it is.

Download:
In attachments

Way to install:

Things to do:
Delete apps you suggest, as i couldn't add more because i don't have a backup and didn't want mess it all :S

hi dude, this is great, so can you make an scrip that just have the esential gapps? just like if we install the "minimal gapps", if you can do it, i have another question, this will break OTA updates? thanks!

flibblesan

Feb 12, 2008
Nottingham
Nothing Phone 1
i have another question, this will break OTA updates? thanks!
Yes because you have made changes to the system. Any missing files will prevent you from applying OTA updates.

BTW why not just use the built-in method of disabling apps in Android? Once they have been disabled and you reboot they won't be launched, won't take up resources etc etc. Deleting them from the system is just daft since you cannot reclaim that space for your own files.

Reactions: alonsoch

lollerblade

Jul 26, 2013
Yes because you have made changes to the system. Any missing files will prevent you from applying OTA updates.

BTW why not just use the built-in method of disabling apps in Android? Once they have been disabled and you reboot they won't be launched, won't take up resources etc etc. Deleting them from the system is just daft since you cannot reclaim that space for your own files.

Is space from deleted apps really not reclaimed? That's strange...so for example the 5,52 MB available (or better the free MB amount of those 5,52) won't increase after deleting built-in apps?

alonsoch

May 28, 2012
Hidalgo Del Parral Chihuahu

thanks for the answer, so what is the built-in method of disabling apps in Android?

mathm2013

Jan 1, 2013
Rio de Janeiro

Just disabling your apps won't free much internal memory as deleting apks will.

debaj

Dec 8, 2010
Budapest
Just disabling your apps won't free much internal memory as deleting apks will.

The internal memory and the /system are two separate partitions. You cannot access the free space on /system unless you are rooted (and you have limited use of it even if you are rooted, for example you can move apps there with titanium backup, but cannot use it for storing media files).

Dan_Jacques

Nov 17, 2011
Santana-AP
Great! Works perfectly.

The general performance is slightly improved, and the battery life is better than stock. With the Faux123 kernel, the battery life (if correctly configured) is impressive.

Thans a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download:
    In attachments

Way to install:

Things to do:

i have another question, this will break OTA updates? thanks!