imei and wifi problems after flashing custom rom

Search This thread
Jan 31, 2014
wifi & imei errors after flashing custom rom
i own a q mobile noir a2, if you are not familiar with the brand,its the same as micromax a 45(sold in india).it runs on gingerbread 2.3.6.

i recently rooted it but accidentaly deleted some stock apps which i wanted back.so i thought unroooting the device will maybe bring back my stock apps.

i unrooted it but what was deleted,stayed deleted.i decided to flash stock rom for noir a2.i did,got back all the apps,

ISSUE #1

but imei of my phone changed.i have tried many times to repair it with mtk droid tools,maui meta,sn write tool,imei fix., etc, but i dont succeed.my phone is not reading my sim cards at any cost.

when i take out both sims, and check with *#06# it shows the correct imei,which is written on the back of my phone. but as soon as i insert the sims and check imei,the imei 1 is invalid, and imei 2 is some incorrect imei.

please guide me how to get the networks back in my phone

ISSUE #2

my wifi also doesnot work after flashing the rom.it detects wifi network,attempts to connect,but never establishes a connection

also the engineer mode in my android doesnt have cds option(i found about this on internet that maybe this is a fix for my problem but it doesnt work for me.)

please guide me i am very new to this.looking forward to your help.

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
Your problem is that the custom ROM that you flashed messed up your /efs folder.... apparently some files of the ROM you installed changed some of these settings.... did you do a backup before flashing the ROM??

Sent from my GT-S5310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sam azan dominoes
Jan 31, 2014
no backup

Your problem is that the custom ROM that you flashed messed up your /efs folder.... apparently some files of the ROM you installed changed some of these settings.... did you do a backup before flashing the ROM??

no thats the main problem i didnot make any kind of backup before flashing another rom.please is there any other way i can fix my settings?thanks for reply ilve contributed to your thanks meter

Jan 31, 2014
step by step instructions please?

maui meta,mtk droid tools, i have tried them all.other users say these methods work.maybe i am making some mistake in the steps .
i read somewhere that while repairing imei both sims should be inserted in phone.
can you please tell me step by step what to do with these softwares?

ALSO

is the same problem causing my wifi not to work?or the wifi issue is because of kernel?
can you give me som insight what kernels are?what they do?
thanks

Jan 31, 2014
about stock roms

Just flash stock rom again. It's the only way.

are stock roms the original roms which mobile companies give us pre-installed in our devices?
when we have a new device we donot get the imei problem. if stock roms are same as the pre-installed roms,then why so they give imei errorr after flashing?

also,does the imei error have to do something with wifi not working?why does wifi not work too?can you please throw some light on it.

confused

Last edited:

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
Yes.... stock roms are the roms that are installed when you buy the phone.... the wi fi problem and the imei problem ( i think) are not connected together even if they are found in the same folder ( that is /efs)

Reactions: sam azan dominoes
Jan 31, 2014
no cds option in mobile uncle tools

Yes.... stock roms are the roms that are installed when you buy the phone.... the wi fi problem and the imei problem ( i think) are not connected together even if they are found in the same folder ( that is /efs)

i have fixed thew wifi issue,the mac address was messed up ,just fixed that and wifi works.

only network (imei)issue left.
i have heard that best software for getting imei back is mobile uncle tools.
tutorials say i have to enter engineer mode>cds option .in mobile uncle tools for this.
but there is no cds option in it.

any thoughts please?

tnitesh88

Jun 17, 2017
Did u make out with this problem ?because I am facing the issue with my gionee m3 ,and I have done same as u have done.but got totally screwed..I restored my imei with an app called champlephon.even after fixing the imei issue its not reading my sim card..I hope this app will help u.. If u hav already fixed it well and good..please help me to fix it if u have any idea wt to do next..even after fixing imei its not reading sim cards...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just flash stock rom again. It's the only way.