GENERAL CHAT!! All XDA'ers Welcome (noobs included) :)

Search This thread

DarkStryder

Dec 16, 2012
Antequera
I thought I would create this thread as all section's have one except us.

Any topic about tab 2 write here! Keep Q&A clean for real questions and other stuff!

Enjoy! Xda'ers

sent from my tab 2

Last edited:

dharisd2

Sep 8, 2013
stable and fast firmware

i have the p5100.still with 4.0.3.
P5100UBLD4
i want install jelly bean on it 4.1.2 ,4.2.2 doesnt care care ca you please tell me the most stable and fast build .

the csc is. TTT

Jeik

Jun 27, 2011
Dublin
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi 13
i have the p5100.still with 4.0.3.
P5100UBLD4
i want install jelly bean on it 4.1.2 ,4.2.2 doesnt care care ca you please tell me the most stable and fast build .

the csc is. TTT

The newest 4.2 release is faster then the first 4.2 release.i flashed it over odin,and it was 30% faster then debloated first 4.2,even with bloatware and .odex files.4.1 isnt that good,belive me.

http://live.samsung-updates.com/details/15168/Galaxy_Tab_2_10.1_WiFi/GT-P5110/XTC/P5110XXDMH3.html
This is the link to the newest 4.2.Flash with odin,then open twrp,flash blackhawk kernel with samsung vendor blobs,reboot(TWRP will ask you to install superSU right after you press reboot and select yes).Remove unneeded bloatware from system/app and you have a fast 4.2 rom with all of samsungs beauty.

Last edited:
Reactions: dharisd2

DarkStryder

Dec 16, 2012
Antequera
The newest 4.2 release is faster then the first 4.2 release.i flashed it over odin,and it was 30% faster then debloated first 4.2,even with bloatware and .odex files.4.1 isnt that good,belive me.

http://live.samsung-updates.com/details/15168/Galaxy_Tab_2_10.1_WiFi/GT-P5110/XTC/P5110XXDMH3.html
This is the link to the newest 4.2.Flash with odin,then open twrp,flash blackhawk kernel with samsung vendor blobs,reboot(TWRP will ask you to install superSU right after you press reboot and select yes).Remove unneeded bloatware from system/app and you have a fast 4.2 rom with all of samsungs beauty.

Ha there been a second release of 4.2 ? :eek:

sent from my xperia neo v

dharisd2

Sep 8, 2013
model and the other stuff

I HAVE THE P5100.NOT P5110 . i think the latest firmware isMI2. so can anyone tell me the mosst stable and fast.

Damnationz

Nov 10, 2013
Hi i got an Tab 2 (obviously)
Im a Noob so what follows may be quiet obvious but still...
I own a Galaxy tab 2 10.1 Running 4.0.3 where new os version are already out for this but for specific countries. I Got mine From Germany.
Kernel version is 3.0.8-365113-user
dpi@DELL155 #1
Build number: IML74K.P5110XWALD2
So Can someone help me update to a more to date version of android without loosing warranty Plz
Thx

ddochi11

Jun 19, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Hi i got an Tab 2 (obviously)
Im a Noob so what follows may be quiet obvious but still...
I own a Galaxy tab 2 10.1 Running 4.0.3 where new os version are already out for this but for specific countries. I Got mine From Germany.
Kernel version is 3.0.8-365113-user
dpi@DELL155 #1
Build number: IML74K.P5110XWALD2
So Can someone help me update to a more to date version of android without loosing warranty Plz
Thx

If you don't want to lose warranty, call Samsung to help you with the update.

Otherwise, search and read about updating it yourself.

Dracoster

Dec 17, 2009
Lillehammer
Using CM10.2, Droid4.3 with root. Trying to install iFruit, but it won't let me move the .obb into /sdcard/Android/obb/com.rockstargames.ifruit/, and it won't even let me delete the folder.
Tried using Es and Root Browser. Also tried using Fix Permissions in Recovery.

How do I fix this?

DarkStryder

Dec 16, 2012
Antequera
Using CM10.2, Droid4.3 with root. Trying to install iFruit, but it won't let me move the .obb into /sdcard/Android/obb/com.rockstargames.ifruit/, and it won't even let me delete the folder.
Tried using Es and Root Browser. Also tried using Fix Permissions in Recovery.

How do I fix this?

That seems to be a bug with latest cm's I have had same problem, only solution is to flash rom :/ annoying I know!

ron12

Nov 10, 2013
I was running stock 4.2.2 on my tab 2 10.1, and decided a week ago to try out 4.3.1 using the CM 10.2 nightly builds. I was very pleased with the 1105 build and have been using the 1108 build for the past 5 days. Much smoother, faster, and best of all, the bloatware Samsung puts in is gone! I've not seen any issues, or crashes so far. :)

DarkStryder

Dec 16, 2012
Antequera
so is there is no way?
is there a way to change the region code?

If you want to change region code you would have to root your tab (root loses warranty) so your best option is to go to sammobile.com/firmwares and download latest firm for your tab! This will not void your warranty! If u ever have a problem and you need to take your tab for repair through warranty you can flash the firm for your country and then take to Samsung

Press that thanks button!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Damnationz

Damnationz

Nov 10, 2013
If you want to change region code you would have to root your tab (root loses warranty) so your best option is to go to sammobile.com/firmwares and download latest firm for your tab! This will not void your warranty! If u ever have a problem and you need to take your tab for repair through warranty you can flash the firm for your country and then take to Samsung

Press that thanks button!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Did mention i am a noob and that Samsung has not supplied and official update for GT P5110 in germany ?

DarkStryder

Dec 16, 2012
Antequera
So, back down to 4.2?

No just wait for the next nightly and flash that over your current 4.3.1 wiping dalvik and cache is fine :)

MY sgsT2 is still waiting for 4.2.2 official in INDIA .. any1 one knows if it has been here

you can check the sammobile.com/firmwares for the info :)

Did mention i am a noob and that Samsung has not supplied and official update for GT P5110 in germany ?

I did guess :D, it is really easy amd there are many tutorials in general section :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Farewell!

With a bit of regret, I have to bid farewell to my Tab 2, and with it, to this great community... After buying the Asus Memo Pad HD 7, I am putting my Tab 2 up for sale on Craigslist.

I had a great time with this little tablet! Just wanted to say big THANK YOU to all the people who helped me along the way. Special thanks to @ketut.kumajaya and @Tsjoklat for their wonderful work on kernels and ROMs, to @Luigi2012SM64DS and @mitchellreece for a lot of useful info. Of course, not to forget folks like @Chainfire and @Phil3759, but that goes even without saying. :)

Happy New Year to all of you, and all the best wishes!
    @tetakpatak or donation for something good if a.dev don't accept donations (some people don't have anything to eat in this world for example). uploadfromtaptalk1429693554080.pnguploadfromtaptalk1429693566169.jpg

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    In the recovery there would be backup and restore.
    So go to there and press backup.
    U need to have atleast 2.5 GB of space.
    This is important as sometimes if u mess some things up and your tablet wont boot into your rom then this backup will come into help as u can always go into Recovery no matter what. :)
    Hi! I have a TAB 2 P3110 running cm10.1 and i want to know if its possible to install xposed framework. I want to run minminguard module.
    Thanks!
    :good:

If u have a cm10.1 , you must be having a custom recovery too.
    And so you can install xposed well and good.
    Get xposed installer from play store, install it and reboot.
    And then download modules from inside xposed installer app.
    If your phone doesnt boots up, then flash the zip xposed disabler from your sdcard.
    The zip will be made once u click on install xposed.
    Hope this helps.

Sent Via XDA App On My Awesome P3100..!
    Hi there, so im a high leveled Noob, i got a samsung Gtab2 10.1, after long use, i finally in a way i also cant

really explain able to Root and change the ROM to custom: Dhollmen ROM if im not wrong, well the thing is, all

is visible from the thread, i mean the way to do this and that. but how can i actually change it to this ROM

(xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704517) ?? i try reading, well it promised better performance

and battery so i thought just give it a go. and along away got brain busted, so many words but there's no

download link for P5100. Honestly i had try reading before asking question, but my net here sooo bad u can

leave it loading take shower and make soup, come back and its still struggling.

so i give up when i reach page 8. ummm if its possible, can i also get a recommended snappy, stable with high

battery kinda ROM ? any help really2x appreciated.

Go with slimkats! The rom is really slick!
    Use the latest builds as always :)