scambled static sound on calls

Search This thread

montenell

Oct 23, 2011
birmingham
I have an ion and sometimes when i get a phone call there is a weird sound and you cant hear the call at all. it sounds like a scrambled signal. the only way to resolve it is to reboot. i think ive seen atleast one other person on this board mention a similiar problem but i dont know if there is any real solution...

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
Very well documented on here. I am assuming you have a AT&T LT28at. You need to use the rogers .211 as a base for your LTE base band and some 28h based roms will not play nice with the device. I am on Aoba Black and have had zero problems and I have also run ExistenZ and can say it now has no issue.

montenell

Oct 23, 2011
birmingham
Yes it is the att lt28at.. Is this a baseband or ROM issue with these phones? I'm using slimbean which I enjoy with the exception of this issue

Sent from my Xperia ion using Tapatalk

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
Yea I tried to install that rom but never could get it to boot. It could very well be the rom as I know some have found a way to incorporate all the needed files to keep this from accruing. Best bet is to try using the .211 Rogers ftf get root and cwm then try flashing slim again or one of Optimo's roms.

montenell

Oct 23, 2011
birmingham
They had to deletesome lines in the meta inf section for it to work. They posted a working version for this variant in that thread. I flashed Rogers baseband and so far so good

montenell

Oct 23, 2011
birmingham
Never mind... I still have the issue though I went for days without it.. I had an issue where my sdcard slipped out of place I wonder if this may have something to do with it

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
Never mind... I still have the issue though I went for days without it.. I had an issue where my sdcard slipped out of place I wonder if this may have something to do with it

I am currently running Existenz on mine and no issue so far. I would highly suggest you flash Rogers 211 clean and then flash your rom. This should fix the issue.

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
There was a issue at one point. Flash the base then the 1.4.0 update then the 205 update. Runs quite well and has a ton of stuff in it.

As long as you use the Rogers211 ftf you should stop having the issue with network.