Adhell 3

Search This thread

1droidmod

Feb 12, 2013
Sioux Falls
So... Ads, ads and ads. Finally Adguard Premium has let me down on the "Ads Front." So I decided to download Android Studio, took forever to find sdk 23 (complete) but did, cloned Adhell 3 source into build and "POOF" out came a "app-debug.apk." (Adhell 3) Grabed knox license and all is well on my s5. Crazy cause MinMinGuard apparently is up to no good. Here is screen shot. No ads or redirects. just thought I would share my new ad-free experience with you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1523118293358.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1523118293358.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,641
Reactions: Rajesh.b

waingro808

Apr 23, 2013
Another cool new feature of Adhell 3 is that you can disable specific apps from using mobile data. (a feature that I believe should be built-in stock android; LineageOS has it)

1droidmod

Feb 12, 2013
Sioux Falls
Could you link the host file?

If i were you, i would register at gitlab to get latest source. for example, the block url address was changed so basically if the old url is in there, well, don't exhist anymore, no more block list, like empty host file. its not hard to build, he provides clear steps on his gitlab page.

Reactions: pyrolad

mankvl

Apr 2, 2011
Kaunas
Any way to get pre made apk? I would then change its name with APK Editor Pro and add my knox, or I need to do that when making the app with android studio?

1droidmod

Feb 12, 2013
Sioux Falls
Any way to get pre made apk? I would then change its name with APK Editor Pro and add my knox, or I need to do that when making the app with android studio?
yes, obviously you did not try the link I provided.
go to the link that I posted. You have a choice to download either or as in compiled or not.

oh yeah, make sure to view the page in desktop version.

Last edited:

mankvl

Apr 2, 2011
Kaunas
go to the link that I posted. You have a choice to download either or as in compiled or not.

I'am using notSABS, all good, thanks. Just wanted to try Adhell 3

Reactions: jrkruse

Bobzee

Feb 13, 2017
Hello, could I ask if you know who is the official dev of Adhell3?

I would LOVE to see sub-service control for Google Play Services. The idea of hiding it is apparently to protect the users, but system services is exactly what needs to be controlled the most.

Could you please, pretty please, somehow release a version that also lists system apps when viewing service control? I am sick and tired of GPS drain and the way I could control that in Android 7 was by disabling a significant number of them (mostly analytic/datamining-related services, and some location services).

Alternatively, I might try to re-build the app with this modification myself, but I am nowhere near as good in java to do that yet. If the dev can see this - please give us more control. And THANK YOU for giving us any kind of sub-service and permission control at all. Nobody else did this for us since Oreo. THANKS!!

StewMaker

Jun 17, 2017
Hello, could I ask if you know who is the official dev of Adhell3?

I would LOVE to see sub-service control for Google Play Services. The idea of hiding it is apparently to protect the users, but system services is exactly what needs to be controlled the most.

Could you please, pretty please, somehow release a version that also lists system apps when viewing service control? I am sick and tired of GPS drain and the way I could control that in Android 7 was by disabling a significant number of them (mostly analytic/datamining-related services, and some location services).

Alternatively, I might try to re-build the app with this modification myself, but I am nowhere near as good in java to do that yet. If the dev can see this - please give us more control. And THANK YOU for giving us any kind of sub-service and permission control at all. Nobody else did this for us since Oreo. THANKS!!

Same name here as in Gitlab.

It's a simple change in Android Studio for what you're looking for if you build the app itself. It's just changing 1 line.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Too bad that adhell 3 doesn't have a Dark or Black mode - Was really easy to install & get it verified ?
I'm still using notSABS on of my devices & BK Manager on another - Not really sure if there's much (if any) difference between notSABS & adhell 3....? ?

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs

Mike B.

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
/
I see quite a bit of misinformation in this and similar threads. Please keep in mind that AdHell3 is NOT supported on XDA. For official and up-to-date information about the AdHell3 project, please visit:

1droidmod

Feb 12, 2013
Sioux Falls
I see quite a bit of misinformation in this and similar threads. Please keep in mind that AdHell3 is NOT supported on XDA. For official and up-to-date information about the AdHell3 project, please visit:

Adhell3=Old News

I have been using adguard premium for months now and I would have to say it how much better application for blocking ads and unwanted spyware being tracked, etc.

EDIT:I'm only speaking on my personal experience I'm not trying to down talk adhell3 in anyway

Last edited:

Mike B.

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
/
Adhell3=Old News

I have been using adguard premium for months now and I would have to say it how much better application for blocking ads and unwanted spyware being tracked, etc.

EDIT:I'm only speaking on my personal experience I'm not trying to down talk adhell3 in anyway

Since Adhell3 is no longer under active development, it matters little, but they are two different animals. Adhell is/was merely a tool to configure the underlying Knox firewall and YOU decided what it should and should not block. While Adguard's DNS server is one of the suggested alternatives, the full Adguard app gives you only very limited choices and uses additional resources.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

How can I remove blocks which I had before the key has expired?

Simply uninstall Adhell and your Knox settings will revert to default.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    could you share the .apk sir? so we can edit package name via editor pro.
    even better, new SABS

https://github.com/GoldenKappa/notSABS

So... Ads, ads and ads. Finally Adguard Premium has let me down on the "Ads Front." So I decided to download Android Studio, took forever to find sdk 23 (complete) but did, cloned Adhell 3 source into build and "POOF" out came a "app-debug.apk." (Adhell 3) Grabed knox license and all is well on my s5. Crazy cause MinMinGuard apparently is up to no good. Here is screen shot. No ads or redirects. just thought I would share my new ad-free experience with you.

Here's a guy who hosted it and the thread it was in here if it's not working let me know, I have it saved too
    Could you link the host file?

If i were you, i would register at gitlab to get latest source. for example, the block url address was changed so basically if the old url is in there, well, don't exhist anymore, no more block list, like empty host file. its not hard to build, he provides clear steps on his gitlab page.

I'am using notSABS, all good, thanks. Just wanted to try Adhell 3