[CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rcgators

Mar 20, 2010
Whoville
All, if you are on any 'testing kernel' do not post in this thread about it.

If you have problems, we will hash them out in the testing kernel thread - that's kind of the point of that thread, feedback on the kernel so we can improve it... Oy ve.

arrrghhh... not trying to tick you off. I saw this in the base frx04 release, not just with test kernels. Just trying to let folks know it's a known problem. I've been watching the testing kernel thread waiting for the devs to ask specifically about this problem so I can supply diagnostics. Don't want to clutter that thread when they are looking specifially for something else.
Didn't mean to raise you blood pressure, others have been doing way too much of that.;)

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
arrrghhh... not trying to tick you off. I saw this in the base frx04 release, not just with test kernels. Just trying to let folks know it's a known problem. I've been watching the testing kernel thread waiting for the devs to ask specifically about this problem so I can supply diagnostics. Don't want to clutter that thread when they are looking specifially for something else.
Didn't mean to raise you blood pressure, others have been doing way too much of that.;)

Heh, no worries. I want to ensure that if there's an issue specific to the testing kernels, that those issues are not reported here...

If you're experiencing the issue with the mainline GIT kernels, carry on... I did not realize that was the case with all the posts ;).

pgdrz4

Jul 31, 2010
um

i dont think im gonna be using this until its almost finnished, this has caused me to miss important calls.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
i dont think im gonna be using this until its almost finnished, this has caused me to miss important calls.

I wouldn't recommend anyone run this if they're not prepared to lose some things. We're not nearly complete - lots of code is falling, but there's still lots of little bugs out there.

ramilbasa

Jan 7, 2011
It is a good feeling to have somebody else to share the problem, I'm still trying to find a solution but during the process I found somethin, after the led keep on orange, charge it to 100% and wait, it should turn to green, then disconnect it and use it normally, it should turn to green after 30 seconds from putting the mobile into standby, try it and let me know the result and also if you can get another way will be better.

I have the same result....I charged the phone 100%, put it into standby and after about 30 seconds, got the green LED

Qmaster11

Nov 20, 2010
Notification bar

I have the reference build, is there a way to change the notification bar?
and is it possible to get live wallpapers working?

Last edited:

Deafcyclist

Dec 31, 2009
Alexander City
lostear.com
I have the reference build, is there a way to change the notification bar?
and is it possible to get live wallpapers working?

I tried the live wallpaper and it ended up messing up my xdandroid frx04 install so I had to do a clean install. I wouldn't recommend the live wallpaper until it get fixed.

What do you mean by changing the notification bar? If it's possible, I'm curious. It's a little funny to me that I can customize the UI of my jailbroken iPod more easily than my android install. I may just be missing something obvious for android though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

stinebd

Apr 25, 2008
Northampton, PA
Folks, I'm pleased to announce our first public testing release of XDAndroid Gingerbread.

This is a work-in-progress build, of course. But it is also already well-refined. Performance is on-par with or improved from Froyo in most cases. Core system applications are mostly stable.

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Google Apps will behave badly from time to time (arrrghhh noted blank window issues, for example)
  • GPS is not working (driver needs to be reimplemented) and Location services are generally missing as well
  • Accelerometer support is missing (driver needs to be reimplemented)
  • Bluetooth is not working, even on TI devices (crashes when activating - disabled in this build)
  • Other functionality and stability issues will occur

The system image is available for download immediately at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-gingerbread-testing.ext2.zip. This has been signed with our release keys, which means you might be able to use a froyo data.img with it, but this is in no way supported (it's a testing build after all). If you have issues with previous data images, start fresh and try again before reporting issues.

If you are going to use this build, please report issues via our IRC channel or bug tracker. Thanks!

And go easy on arrrghhh. It's tough answering the same questions over and over! :D

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Folks, I'm pleased to announce our first public testing release of XDAndroid Gingerbread.

This is a work-in-progress build, of course. But it is also already well-refined. Performance is on-par with or improved from Froyo in most cases. Core system applications are mostly stable.

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Google Apps will behave badly from time to time (arrrghhh noted blank window issues, for example)
  • GPS is not working (driver needs to be reimplemented) and Location services are generally missing as well
  • Bluetooth is not working, even on TI devices (crashes when activating - disabled in this build)

The system image is available for download immediately at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-gingerbread-testing.ext2.zip. This has been signed with our release keys, which means you might be able to use a froyo data.img with it, but this is in no way supported (it's a testing build after all). If you have issues with previous data images, start fresh and try again before reporting issues.

If you are going to use this build, please report issues via our IRC channel or bug tracker. Thanks!

And go easy on arrrghhh. It's tough answering the same questions over and over! :D

Amazing work! Downloading now :D

Maybe this should get its own thread, it's really a whole different build, and will have its own issues and all that.

Qmaster11

Nov 20, 2010
Does anybody now how to change notification bar color, I have wite but I want black (transparanted)

Last edited:

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Amazing work! Downloading now :D

Maybe this should get its own thread, it's really a whole different build, and will have its own issues and all that.

Used my old data.img, first boot took forever, maybe 10 minutes of flying Androids, after it booted up, got a pretty quick reboot to WinMo. I'll try again with a clean data.img later.

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Used my old data.img, first boot took forever, maybe 10 minutes of flying Androids, after it booted up, got a pretty quick reboot to WinMo. I'll try again with a clean data.img later.

Hmm not sure what to make of this. I booted twice without a data.img, and each time I'm getting a reboot soon after boot. I know it's generating a clean data.img because the background and widgets are stock. What's strang is that the data.img seems to be coming pre-populated with logs, including logs from FRX04, and the logs are exactly the same each time, with the last log always the same as the log I posted previously. So the log I posted previously may not have been my log at all, but instead some default log that comes with the the default data.img.

Rhod400

startup.txt:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "rel_path=andboot.gingerbread lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=1 north_am_dialing=1 force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot

WisTilt2's latest posted test kernel

Last edited:

pdawg17

Apr 3, 2008
Hmm not sure what to make of this. I booted twice without a data.img, and each time I'm getting a reboot soon after boot. I know it's generating a clean data.img because the background and widgets are stock. What's strang is that the data.img seems to be coming pre-populated with logs, including logs from FRX04, and the logs are exactly the same each time, with the last log always the same as the log I posted previously. So the log I posted previously may not have been my log at all, but instead some default log that comes with the the default data.img.

Rhod400

startup.txt:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "rel_path=andboot.gingerbread lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=1 north_am_dialing=1 force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot

WisTilt2's latest posted test kernel

I get a reboot after first boot with or without a new data.img...2nd boot though works fine...

I had to use a new data.img though because I couldn't get my gmail sync set up correctly...there might be a way to redo it without a new data.img but I decided it's probably better to start from scratch anyway...

rpierce99

Jan 4, 2009
RE: Gingerbread
I copied my entire andboot folder over to a new folder called Gingerbread, changed startup.txt to rel_path=Gingerbread, and launched the newly copied haret from the Gingerbread folder. So far everything works fine except data. All of my apps and settings are intact. CDMA data isn't working for me though, although it did fix my wifi problems that I have been having.

So at least for me using my standard data.img worked great. I did forget to rename froyo.user.conf to gingerbread.user.conf though, so I wonder if I will get any better/worse results with a proper conf file in place.

EDIT: Not sure if it was fixing the conf file or just the fact that it was boot #2, but the second boot was FAST, still no data though.

Last edited:

Qmaster11

Nov 20, 2010
I tried the live wallpaper and it ended up messing up my xdandroid frx04 install so I had to do a clean install. I wouldn't recommend the live wallpaper until it get fixed.

What do you mean by changing the notification bar? If it's possible, I'm curious. It's a little funny to me that I can customize the UI of my jailbroken iPod more easily than my android install. I may just be missing something obvious for android though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I mean changing the notification bar COLOR (I want it black)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, we've got a new release for you tonight.

No it's not Gingerbread :(

XDAndroid 2.2.1 Build FRX04 is out now.

It includes 3D improvements from [acl], as well as synchronizing the minor changes from the upstream Android froyo branch. System image and OTA package are both available from the above link.

Thanks!

KNOWN ISSUES:

Another release!

This time it's the Froyo branch. We've got build FRX05 available for download now. This is a minor release with a major new feature. :)

The short list of changes from FRX04 to FRX05...

• Camera support - both photo and video capture (without sound currently) are working. This depends on kernel support, so only Rhodium and Topaz are supported currently. Huge thanks to Jerome Bruneaux (viruscrazy on XDA) for basically doing all the work.
    • Switch build variants from engineering to user-debug for slight speedup.
    There's no OTA update.zip this time. I accidentally got rid of the FRX04 target files, needed to generate the incremental patches.

Thanks for using XDAndroid!
    [12/11] Updated version of FRX03 Package

XDAndroid2.2.1.FRX03.Froyo.121110.zip

Contains:
    • Version 2.2.1 FRX03 system.ext2 (taken from xdandroid.com)
    • Latest RootFS (rootfs-20101115-42b44e2)
    • Updated Kernel to Dec-11 (htc-msm-linux-20101211)

Hi guys. I hope this isn't stepping on any toes with the XDAndroid maintainers but I have put together a rebuild of the FRX03 archive package because it was becoming painful to watch how many people were just installing the old cab version of FRX03 (Froyo 2.2) from Project Android page. :eek:

Even though the setup utility will automatically update the kernel and rootfs, it still doesn't fix the broken system.ext2 that is in that cab (you have to go and get that manually from xdandroid.com). Furthermore I have updated the kernel to the Dec-11 release that (AFAIK) will not be available to the utility until the glemsome autobuild is working again.

I realise that we have just had an unofficial Dec-16 kernel pop up in the 3d driver thread (and I am testing that right now) but since it is only a few hours old I didn't want to put that straight into this package.

Hopefully this will help a few folks getting started with FRX03 :)

EDIT: Oh, I just realised that something I did not change (even though I probably should have) is the default 700MHz overclock that this package already had in its startup.txt (don't blame me, I didn't put it there). If you use the startup utility, make sure you go into "Advanced" settings and consider disabling OC until you have tested without it ;)
    FRX04 packages now. :)

Was going to do it yesterday but my birthday party started very early. LOL

Also manually updated the kernel update tool, you guys should all be seeing a new update for today. :D

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/XDAndroid2.2Froyo.012211.rar

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/ProjectAndroid2.2Froyo.012311.cab