Votes: 94 58.4%
  • NO, still there!

Votes: 67 41.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

cotr

May 24, 2006
Did you pre-order on 11/22 and get this email?

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability from our suppliers, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"ASUS TF201-B1-GR Eee Pad Transformer Prime 10.1-Inch 32GB Tablet (Amethyst Gray)"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

EDIT: According to emil10001 Asus shipped part of the Amazon order then cancelled the rest causing us to have our pre-orders canceled.
EDIT: Amazon responded:
Hello,

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, when we contacted our supplier, we found ASUS Transformer Prime TF201-B1-GR 10.1-Inch 32GB Tablet (Amethyst Gray) was no longer available. That's why it was canceled from your order--you haven't been charged for it. Once an order is canceled, it no longer appears in your order history.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Until recently we still thought we'd be able to get the item for you.

EDIT 12/16/11: Amazon is now cancelling the sleeve orders.

Last edited:

cesium

Jul 27, 2008
Ann Arbor
Yup mine just got cancelled. Re-preordered from Adorama.

EDIT: I had the 32gb at full price

Last edited:

acafaca333

Dec 5, 2010
I preordered on the 23rd and have not received a cancellation email from Amazon......yet.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

ModestMuse23

May 15, 2011
Quick question. People who got cancelled, did you pay the full 499/599 price, or the discounted 484/584 price?

I ordered mine on 11/22 with the 584 price, and it still shows as "arrive after December 25, 2011"

cotr

May 24, 2006
I paid $493ish. Its weird since the order has totally disappeared from my History.

I dont think they would cancel a bunch of nerds orders over $7... would they?

Cordy

Feb 2, 2008
Quick question. People who got cancelled, did you pay the full 499/599 price, or the discounted 484/584 price?

I ordered mine on 11/22 with the 584 price, and it still shows as "arrive after December 25, 2011"
Full price personally. I'm assuming Amazon isn't getting as many as they initially thought which is why they are canceling many orders. Possibly why they aren't listed on Asus' preorder page as well as why they stopped taking orders before everyone else.

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
I pre-ordered at $499 on 11/22. My order has been cancelled as well.

Bright side is I can at least stop fretting over when Amazon is going to ship my order. Haha.

cotr

May 24, 2006
I think it would be ridiculous if they DIDNT. its amazon... something is fishy. But i cant even find my order to contact them about it

irriadin

Dec 2, 2011
I initially had the 64 GB Grey version preordered, earlier. UGH, why did I cancel it.

BTW, mine was the $499 version. My brother preordered it too, at like 7:30 AM EST on the 22nd. Waiting for him to respond whether his was cancelled too.

Cordy

Feb 2, 2008
I think it would be ridiculous if they DIDNT. its amazon... something is fishy. But i cant even find my order to contact them about it
Everyones orders whose has been canceled are removed from their history. You can reference your original email or the one they sent stating it was canceled. Again I suspsect they aren't receiving a whole lot of initial shipment and probably decided it best to let people re-order on a first come first serve basis once they do. Hence why they stopped taking orders and their product pages aren't even visible without originally having the url.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yup Adorama backordered. Heading out today to buy the galaxy tab or some equivalent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Adorama sends the backorder message for preorders. I called them after I got that message the first day they had preorders avail and they said it will ship the 20th.
    And how do you know that they "waited till the last minute?"

How do you know exactly when Amazon was alerted to the supply shortfall? Do you know how long they sat on it and waited before issuing the cancellations?

C'mon man, I know you're pissed and frustrated, but be realistic about how the real world and giant corporations work. It is what it is.

Well you know what, giant corporations will continue to act like they do when they pull crap like this and people sit around and say oh well, that's what they do. Well I don't, I take my money elsewhere. You don't want to, great. Keep giving them money, but I won't.
    Okay, the rep is now saying only the Amethyst Gray 32GB has been cancelled. Is there anyone who ordered this model who did NOT receive a cancellation?
    Sounds more and more like a big snafu from ASUS, and all this Amazon hate is completely misdirected and unwarranted.
    Sounds more and more like a big snafu from ASUS, and all this Amazon hate is completely misdirected and unwarranted.

Really? Where have you seen that? As far as I can see, there is nothing which says who is to blame, however I know Amazon took my pre-order placed before it was generally available and now cancelled without proper explanation. Until I see otherwise, Amazon is on the hook for this debacle. You want to take up for a multi billion dollar company great but you better be able to back it up with facts. If I find ASUS to blame I'll wait for a tablet from someone else. I'm done with putting up with Amazon and perhaps Asus too.