[ROM][TAR] Stock NAE Odin flashable

Search This thread

random45

Dec 4, 2010
You will get the KNOX bootloader if you flash this.
YOU CANNOT UNDO THIS, ITS PERMANENT. FLASHING ANYTHING UNOFFICIAL AFTER FLASHING THIS TAR WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY

Just the NAE FULL stock tar. This post was updated and is now the same file that can be downloaded from SamMobile. Others said that they had reboot issues with the other one.

EDIT: I updated it to the same one that can be downloaded from SamMobile (2/28/14)

md5 of the tar that can be downloaded below(SamMobile): a77570534e22fce0745edb09994c84f2
md5 of the previous Tar that people had issues with: 4c18677fd81fd467ea9356b3da7274fb

Do NOT rename the tar file. Even though it may be convenient to do so, Odin may fail the md5 check for no reason.
(L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_L720VPUFNAE_HOME.tar.md5)
This is NOT ROOTED. Its the original TAR file for people who need an Emergency Recovery for their phones, and dont want to wait hours for it to download from slow file hosts.

Mediafire

FileDropper

Over 2630 downloads and counting!

Instructions:
1. Download and Extract tar above and download Odin
2. Put phone into download mode (power off, then power button + Volume Down, then volume up when prompted)
3. Open Odin (right click > open as administrator)
4. Load stock tar into the PDA slot
5. Start flashing
6. Grab some popcorn because it will take a while
7. Profit

Last edited:

Sleepycloud

May 4, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
If this is the same .rar file that came from the Mega site it has some bull**** going on with it. It does some weird crap when you load it up. Factory resets itself, and a few other things. Then it reboots randomly. It rebooted my device randomly and I couldn't flash anything for hours. I finally got it working again, but now I have problems flashing other stock ROM's. Where did you get this? From that Mega download site? I noticed that any reference to that download in any thread was deleted. I'll be surprised if this one stays up.

EDIT: Yes, this is the exact same file. I just extracted it and compared them. They both show that they were modified on 2-14-2014 at 22:16:11

Last edited:

random45

Dec 4, 2010
If this is the same .rar file that came from the Mega site it has some bull**** going on with it. It does some weird crap when you load it up. Factory resets itself, and a few other things. Then it reboots randomly. It rebooted my device randomly and I couldn't flash anything for hours. I finally got it working again, but now I have problems flashing other stock ROM's. Where did you get this? From that Mega download site?

the mk2 tar i posted a while ago also did the same thing. A reboot after running it in the first hour. Im guessing Samsung did that on purpose because after that restart, it would work completely fine. I flashed that tar several times, and that random reboot happened once, each time. I dont know where I had gotten this from, it might have been mega link. danzelcool asked me for it, and since I didnt see a thread decided to go ahead and post it. Why couldnt you "flash anything for hours?"

The file is very much like the Android 4.3 tars (both for the S4 and S3), and unlike any of the previous tar before that, so I'm pretty sure thats how Samsung is buiding these files now. I dont know what the random reboot is for, but apparently its for something.

Sleepycloud

May 4, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
the mk2 tar i posted a while ago also did the same thing. A reboot after running it in the first hour. Im guessing Samsung did that on purpose because after that restart, it would work completely fine. I flashed that tar several times, and that random reboot happened once, each time. I dont know where I had gotten this from, it might have been mega link. danzelcool asked me for it, and since I didnt see a thread decided to go ahead and post it. Why couldnt you "flash anything for hours?"

The file is very much like the Android 4.3 tars (both for the S4 and S3), and unlike any of the previous tar before that, so I'm pretty sure thats how Samsung is buiding these files now. I dont know what the random reboot is for, but apparently its for something.

I'm not sure what happened. I may have jacked it up by pulling the battery when it randomly rebooted, but for about 30 times, it wouldn't hold anything that I flashed. It was weird. It would hardly stay on the download menu. It kept turning off, and nothing would flash. I left the battery out overnight and came back the next day and messed with it some more. I was finally able to get it working again. Now it won't flash the Stock Nae rooted ROM zip that I had previously flashed and enjoyed.

random45

Dec 4, 2010
I'm not sure what happened. I may have jacked it up by pulling the battery when it randomly rebooted, but for about 30 times, it wouldn't hold anything that I flashed. It was weird. It would hardly stay on the download menu. It kept turning off, and nothing would flash. I left the battery out overnight and came back the next day and messed with it some more. I was finally able to get it working again. Now it won't flash the Stock Nae rooted ROM zip that I had previously flashed and enjoyed.

danzelcool flashed it and has already reported back that it worked just fine for him, so I'm really not sure what went wrong when you tried to flash it.

Reactions: cartmage

vat829

Jul 25, 2010
I cannot root. I ran CF Auto Root through Odin went fine. Booted up and went into SU stated ""there is no su binary installed and supersu can not install it. this is a problem." Any help please?

Gabewithkungfugrip

Feb 11, 2010
Thanks for this. Since taking the NAE ota and then trying to root and install other roms after, I've been experiencing lots of issues and missing features. None of the other stock tar files would get past the bootloader image, so it's great to have one that works again. I had a random reboot during setup on the first boot, and then it did an auto factory reset when it connected to the network. On the third boot, everything was solid. I used CF Autoroot with no problems, and we're all good to go.

bigjlindy

Sep 5, 2007
I cannot root. I ran CF Auto Root through Odin went fine. Booted up and went into SU stated ""there is no su binary installed and supersu can not install it. this is a problem." Any help please?

Same here I'm having trouble trying to root again. I ran the auto root through odin and I also keep getting the same message. Please help us out. Thanks

youngpro83

Jun 22, 2009
Where Dem LouIziAniMals Stay
Hey guys this thing is legit. The cf auto root you have to use has to come straight from the chainfire repository. You cant use mirrors and ****. Get the official one from his site and make sure it is for the jfspr720 version. That name is not exact but its close.

Once you have that. Use odin and use this tar. Do not auto reboot. Uncheck it. Once the tar finishes. Boot straight back into download mode. Odin the cf root that you got from HIS SITE AND NOT YOUR OWN LAZY ASS ONE YOU ALREADY HAVE DOWNLOADED. If you use a different 1 then official dont.come.here complaining that **** didnt work. Again take off auto reboot when flashing the cf auto root. Once that is done then boot straight into recovery and let auto root work. Phone will boot.

THIS IS OFFICIAL SAMSUNG TAR. NOT SPRINT.

The phone will boot. No sprint flash screen. Just samsung logo. Then phone will do some **** in background causing it to reboot. When it boots up it will go through handsfree and then wipe the phone. The 3rd boot you are good to go. Phone will be functional and fully rooted. I know because I used titanium to restore this app. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Also on the 3rd boot you will see Sprint splash screen.

Darnell0216

Jan 13, 2010
East Orange
twitter.com
Not knocking this one because I haven't tried it but I got the usual Sprint CDMA release from SamMobile. Unlike this one, it has the usual xxxx_HOME.tar.md5 name packed into a zip. No place to host it but here's the info if anyone goes for it. Previous tars from them didn't wipe but I haven't used it yet to say it doesn't perform a mid-setup factory wipe like this one.

C077C72DA9513A24D4E85ACCA22F94E2 *L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_SPR.zip *1.46 GB (1,574,189,181 bytes)
A77570534E22FCE0745EDB09994C84F2 *L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_L720VPUFNAE_HOME.tar.md5 *2.29 GB (2,462,750,799 bytes)

ponycarboy

Jun 1, 2010
Ft Lauderdale FL
I flashed this appears to work fine. Do I use the cf root for the international version? That's the one that is suppose to worth with kit kat yes?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

jnadke

Jul 17, 2008
You're a lifesaver!

Three days ago I upgraded to NAE on stock. After a day my phone started going crazy on google.gapps forcecloses. I missed the memo on not rolling backward, and flashed STOCK MK2. Phone has been soft-bricked since. Been phone-less for 2 days!

Flashed NAE. CF Auto Root applied just fine (using Odin of course).

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
Just flash the latest philz recovery and it has an option to root your phone through the recovery lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will get the KNOX bootloader if you flash this.
    YOU CANNOT UNDO THIS, ITS PERMANENT. FLASHING ANYTHING UNOFFICIAL AFTER FLASHING THIS TAR WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY

Just the NAE FULL stock tar. This post was updated and is now the same file that can be downloaded from SamMobile. Others said that they had reboot issues with the other one.

EDIT: I updated it to the same one that can be downloaded from SamMobile (2/28/14)

md5 of the tar that can be downloaded below(SamMobile): a77570534e22fce0745edb09994c84f2
    md5 of the previous Tar that people had issues with: 4c18677fd81fd467ea9356b3da7274fb

Do NOT rename the tar file. Even though it may be convenient to do so, Odin may fail the md5 check for no reason.
    (L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_L720VPUFNAE_HOME.tar.md5)
    This is NOT ROOTED. Its the original TAR file for people who need an Emergency Recovery for their phones, and dont want to wait hours for it to download from slow file hosts.

Mediafire

FileDropper

Over 2630 downloads and counting!

Instructions:
    1. Download and Extract tar above and download Odin
    2. Put phone into download mode (power off, then power button + Volume Down, then volume up when prompted)
    3. Open Odin (right click > open as administrator)
    4. Load stock tar into the PDA slot
    5. Start flashing
    6. Grab some popcorn because it will take a while
    7. Profit
    Hey guys this thing is legit. The cf auto root you have to use has to come straight from the chainfire repository. You cant use mirrors and ****. Get the official one from his site and make sure it is for the jfspr720 version. That name is not exact but its close.

Once you have that. Use odin and use this tar. Do not auto reboot. Uncheck it. Once the tar finishes. Boot straight back into download mode. Odin the cf root that you got from HIS SITE AND NOT YOUR OWN LAZY ASS ONE YOU ALREADY HAVE DOWNLOADED. If you use a different 1 then official dont.come.here complaining that **** didnt work. Again take off auto reboot when flashing the cf auto root. Once that is done then boot straight into recovery and let auto root work. Phone will boot.

THIS IS OFFICIAL SAMSUNG TAR. NOT SPRINT.

The phone will boot. No sprint flash screen. Just samsung logo. Then phone will do some **** in background causing it to reboot. When it boots up it will go through handsfree and then wipe the phone. The 3rd boot you are good to go. Phone will be functional and fully rooted. I know because I used titanium to restore this app. Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Also on the 3rd boot you will see Sprint splash screen.

@random45 The latest version of Triangle Away from @Chainfire fixes tripped knox problems on NAE. You need to have the stock Samsung kernel for it to work. SuperSU 1.94 detects and disables knox now, too. I know these both work, because I've untripped and disabled knox on my S4 with NAE many times now.

Triangle Away doesn't work with non-stock ROMs or kernels, but it does make it totally safe and acceptable to simply ignore the yellow and red knox warnings during boot up until you need a warranty hardware repair, or you decide to sell or trade-in your phone.
    :thumbup:

The easiest way I've found to undo the knox flags is to install the stock ROM and cf-auto-root with Odin 3.07 or 3.09, then install and run Triangle Away. If you need or want a pristine, non-rooted stock S4, you can then simply uninstall Triangle Away (remember to run it first) and then uninstall SuperSU using the "Full unroot" selection from SuperSU's settings.

You can get information and download Chainfire's tools from his XDA threads. Triangle Away and SuperSU are also both available in the Google Play Store.
    CF-auto-root: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980683

Triangle Away: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

SuperSU 1.94: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
    So it just removes the Knox warnings on boot up? And not the actual Knox flag from 0x1 to 0x0 correct?
    Well, as I originally said, it removes the knox flags and resets the counter. I've had ample opportunities to personally test the updated Triangle Away, because my phone is basically always in a tripped state because I flash so many different ROMs and kernels. I reset my phone back to pristine stock once in a while, even to the extent of rewriting my PIT, to start fresh when I begin experiencing any persistent glitches across wipes and flashes.

The ultimate confirmation for me came when I successfully had my original S4 replaced under warranty due to a defective volume rocker almost 6 months after I had tripped knox and reset it with Triangle Away several times. I watched the guy at the Sprint store test the phone for valid knox and ROM count settings before he exchanged it. Triangle Away appears to work well enough for warranty purposes, and that's good enough for me.

Don't just take my word for it; visit Chainfire's threads to get all the information you need first hand. I'm just some random forum dude, not The Man himself. And @Chainfire is definitely The Man.
    :beer:
    For anyone still having SD card issues. I posted a flashable fix.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2665372

Feel free to share. :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk