[Q] HTC DHD Buggy enough or not?

Search This thread

andreasy

Apr 2, 2005
So, I've been reading throughout this forum and I see a lot of complaints in regards to issues, bugs, and problems.

After this short experience with this phone, and assuming that most of you are experienced smartphone users, would you describe the DHD as a buggy phone or a trustworthy one.

I have passed through the WM6 + PPC world and I describe that OS as buggy and wouldn't want to go back so, I need a really trustworthy smartphone that will respond at any time with minimum freezes, no loss of information, hard resets, etc.

Sould you describe the HTC DHD as a phone you can rely on, professionally?

SiliconS

Jun 13, 2004
I've just replaced a Touch HD (Windows Mobile 6.5) with the Desire HD as my first Android handset... I'm stunned. This is an amazing experience and I love the phone and the software. Two of the apps I've downloaded have crashed once but in every other respect the whole experience has been very smooth. It's definitely not 'buggy'.

Several things have given me the WOW factor:

- the way the phone interacts seamlessly and continuously with the Cloud, meaning my calendar and contacts are always up to date, maps are peppered with information, Google navigation includes Streetview scenes, searches include web-based information seamlessly and quickly, and Facebook updates are integrated in both directions.

- the app store (HTC Market) is a simple and effective way to get hold of software to reproduce the functionality of applications I'd bought for my WM phones in the past.

- the responsiveness of the screen to my touches is as good as the iPhones I've held in the past, with no lag whatsoever. That's a huge improvement over Windows Mobile.

- the web browser is amazing: quick to load and render pages, quick to zoom and rotate, and smooth in scrolling. A genuinely pleasant experience, even compared with the VGA screen on my Touch HD.

I haven't regretted the change from WM to Android and the Desire HD is a very, very impressive piece of hardware. I'd have no hesitation recommending it to anybody.

ETA: The proximity sensor works perfectly on my handset. The battery case doesn't close perfectly... but it doesn't bother me at all. (I probably wouldn't have noticed if nobody else had mentioned it.) The battery life is no worse than I was expecting - it's no worse than my Touch HD, even after only two charging cycles.

wakers

Jan 17, 2010
www.rushcycles.co.uk
My dhd is brilliant I'm amazed how many people are having issues mine really is working like a dream fast responsive I've used the sat nav loads this week and as a free feature on a phone its immense, texting is as good as anything I've used, battery life also for me is better than my hd2 was so for me yeah awesome

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

angelahp

Jul 12, 2010
Got mine on wednesday.

No problems at all

None

Love it 8)

Angie

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

bmw-boy

Dec 2, 2009
Zambia
I had beforemy DHD a Sony Ericsson X 10 and after that I used my wife milestone till I receive my DHD

Believe me the I feel big difference between the above 2 device and my DHD in everything
Screen resolution
Touch responsiveness is amazing
Good design and good quality
Very very fast
Only the battery issue and I believe that HTC will release a new battery with higher capacity

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

A-Dingo

Oct 5, 2007
I've just replaced a Touch HD (Windows Mobile 6.5) with the Desire HD as my first Android handset... I'm stunned. This is an amazing experience and I love the phone and the software. Two of the apps I've downloaded have crashed once but in every other respect the whole experience has been very smooth. It's definitely not 'buggy'.

Several things have given me the WOW factor:

- the way the phone interacts seamlessly and continuously with the Cloud, meaning my calendar and contacts are always up to date, maps are peppered with information, Google navigation includes Streetview scenes, searches include web-based information seamlessly and quickly, and Facebook updates are integrated in both directions.

- the app store (HTC Market) is a simple and effective way to get hold of software to reproduce the functionality of applications I'd bought for my WM phones in the past.

- the responsiveness of the screen to my touches is as good as the iPhones I've held in the past, with no lag whatsoever. That's a huge improvement over Windows Mobile.

- the web browser is amazing: quick to load and render pages, quick to zoom and rotate, and smooth in scrolling. A genuinely pleasant experience, even compared with the VGA screen on my Touch HD.

I haven't regretted the change from WM to Android and the Desire HD is a very, very impressive piece of hardware. I'd have no hesitation recommending it to anybody.

ETA: The proximity sensor works perfectly on my handset. The battery case doesn't close perfectly... but it doesn't bother me at all. (I probably wouldn't have noticed if nobody else had mentioned it.) The battery life is no worse than I was expecting - it's no worse than my Touch HD, even after only two charging cycles.

*signed*

Also came from the Touch HD and I'm so impressed.
Even the vatterycover fits perfectly...

Lot of things are new (where is my explorer? Searching the SD card...I don't need to kill tasks?) but good for me! Not good-perfect! LOL

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

joners

Dec 19, 2008
After a day or so of using it...

No major bugs for me except a rebooting issue, could be hardware related though so will ignore that for the moment.

Software seems reasonable, however performance isnt as good as id thought.

Get a slight lag on angry birds, which i dont have on my Nexus.

Good first effort but think that a few more bug fix releases could be due.