[mako][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

I would appreciate a screen shot from your device, mainly under GUI options or custom backup menu where you select partitions
To take a screen shot, just slide left

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:

Special thanks to McKael for his invaluable support in fixing for Nexus 4
Big thanks to Shaky156 and mustangtim49 for debugging it for the Nexus 4

Last edited:

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Hi,

I used your recovery on my old S2 so I thought I'd try this. First impressions are good, touch needs to be calibrated though. I will upload screenshots soon

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Screenshots don't appear to be saving for me unless i'm doing something wrong. It says that it has taken the screenshot but when i look under clockworkmod/screenshots there are no screenshots

duckysempai

May 30, 2007
Screenshots don't appear to be saving for me unless i'm doing something wrong. It says that it has taken the screenshot but when i look under clockworkmod/screenshots there are no screenshots

Yeah, same for me too. Also having problems with the touchscreen. Will test it out more soon. Play around with backups and such but all in all, i'm loving it! Like having custom colours and such :)

Reactions: Phil3759

mustangtim49

May 20, 2011
Sea of Tranquility, Moon
Hey buddy, I flashed your recovery and I'll say, I love the colors and the other little things you've done to it. One problem is it's not quite ready yet. When I was booted to your recovery, I kept getting an error message "unable to find screen settings" I don't know if that's what it said exactly. Another issue is the touch control is not 100%, it's sensitivity is spotty. So, using the hardware keys, I attempted a nandroid and it got as far as data then failed at that partition. Anyhow, I modified mskip's old version of his toolkit to install your recovery through fastboot. I will link it here for anyone else interested in beta testing for you. When you launch the toolkit on windows 7 or 8(I have 8touch) just choose to permanently flash custom recovery, then choose either "philz" or cwmtouch-6.0.1.9, I renamed your file to trick the tool into flashing your recovery. If I can help, either message me here in your thread or via PM.

Edit: I've updated the toolkit to flash recovery 4.9.2.3. Big thanks to XDA Senior Member mskip for his awesome Toolkit that I molested to make it flash philz recovery. Remember, choose to flash cwmtouch 6.0.1.9 and it will flash philz instead through fastboot. This is for those who don't have a custom recovery installed yet.

New Toolkit

If I've helped, smash that "Thanks" button!

Last edited:

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Big thanks,
If overall it works, then the small things will be fixed. It is an early release to spot bigger issues
- screen shots: is expected, I used a precompiled dynamic binary and it could fail for many reasons. I will look at it later
- dim screen: will be fixed in next release
- currently, custom backup and restore need a bit tweaking because of the additional partitions, I will fix it properly
- touch: I will release a version to calibrate screen. In next v5, this will be no more needed

Stay tuned and thank you for the early reports

I will keep the above warnings until I fix most important functions like the backup and restore

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Here's a debug version for touch calibration
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?odqumulgia866fn

Please do the following:
Each time, only touch screen and immediately lift finger, do not keep it on screen

1- Reboot into recovery, do not touch screen at all
2- Touch and lift finger on top left corner (outside any menu)
3- Touch and lif on top right (outside any menu)
4- Touch and lift on bottom left (outside any menu)
5- Touch and lift on bottom right (outside any menu)
6- Touch middle of screen and swipe to left edge, slowly until you are out of screen. Do the same right, then top, then bottom

Now, do not touch the screen any more
Use hardware buttons:
- do a nandroid backup, not custom backup
- Go to Advanced / Error Report
- upload here the /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log file you get

Last edited:

rehanraza

Feb 7, 2008
London
Re: [Nexus 4][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Waoooooo philz is here loved your recovery in note 2. Good to see u here again:)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mustangtim49

May 20, 2011
Sea of Tranquility, Moon

I won't be able to try it till tonight (east coast U.S.) because I'm at work and I didn't bring my lappie. I'll try to get some free time and make a flashable zip or install it through terminal while I'm working.

mustangtim49/XDA Recognized Contributor

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
I won't be able to try it till tonight (east coast U.S.) because I'm at work and I didn't bring my lappie. I'll try to get some free time and make a flashable zip or install it through terminal while I'm working.

Thank you and no hurry at all, really
It shouldn't take time to fix if I get enough logs and tests
Try to provide a log when the backup fails as that's a bit strange. Normal backup should work normally if things are left stock

mustangtim49

May 20, 2011
Sea of Tranquility, Moon

Thank you and no hurry at all, really
It shouldn't take time to fix if I get enough logs and tests
Try to provide a log when the backup fails as that's a bit strange. Normal backup should work normally if things are left stock

I don't know if you are aware that the guys with TWRP recovery are having a lot of issues getting their recovery fully working on the N4. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the way the phone is partitioned for data and sd on the same partition, kinda. Anyhow, had a break at work and wanted to see what was happening if anything. I'll get to the new version tonight and run through those tests. Thanks.

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
I don't know if you are aware that the guys with TWRP recovery are having a lot of issues getting their recovery fully working on the N4. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the way the phone is partitioned for data and sd on the same partition, kinda. Anyhow, had a break at work and wanted to see what was happening if anything. I'll get to the new version tonight and run through those tests. Thanks.

I support many /data/media devices
If stock CWM works, this should and hopefully will work

Reactions: westernmg

mustangtim49

May 20, 2011
Sea of Tranquility, Moon

I support many /data/media devices
If stock CWM works, this should and hopefully will work

I read that you supported numerous devices, I was just throwing it out there that they can't seem to get the partitions right. Which not only affects nandroids, it doesn't wipe when it says it is, ect...... I'm sure you'll get it, hell, half the fun is getting it right, lol! TTYL.

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
I read that you supported numerous devices, I was just throwing it out there that they can't seem to get the partitions right. Which not only affects nandroids, it doesn't wipe when it says it is, ect...... I'm sure you'll get it, hell, half the fun is getting it right, lol! TTYL.

If stock CWM works, then it is ok. If stock CWM doesn't work, then it could be hard in fact...

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
v4.91.4: debug
- fix nandroid, custom and twrp backup and restore for devices with different special partitions (/preload, /modem, /efs)
- better support for devices without secondary storage
- fix set brightness and auto dim screen for Nexus 4

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?6p6ppaba30oh6mq

Please, follow debug instructions of previous post to fix touch and nandroid backup if still issues

mustangtim49

May 20, 2011
Sea of Tranquility, Moon

v4.91.4: debug
- fix nandroid, custom and twrp backup and restore for devices with different special partitions (/preload, /modem, /efs)
- better support for devices without secondary storage
- fix set brightness and auto dim screen for Nexus 4

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?6p6ppaba30oh6mq

Please, follow debug instructions of previous post to fix touch and nandroid backup if still issues

Here ya go, man, It was driving me nuts trying to find this log! A problem it's having is it can't find "sdcard/clockworkmod". Thankfully, your recovery was able to write at "data/media" instead. So, everything was there including my back up(where it should be) . Hope this log helps, thanks again buddy. http://db.tt/ifm0BsiD
Also, it seems the nandroid is good, so maybe that's a non-issue now.

Last edited:

Phil3759

May 30, 2012

Sadly, you forgot the touch calibration steps. So i cannot fix it. Please, someone do the calibration steps described above.
I will look at /sdcard issue
Brightness setting seems broken from log. I will look at it too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The Troll

Jun 21, 2012
does this support usb storage mode? its kinda annoying to use adb to push files to flash :/
if not, i'd love to see this feature

Shaky156

Aug 19, 2012
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD

Sadly, you forgot the touch calibration steps. So i cannot fix it. Please, someone do the calibration steps described above.
I will look at /sdcard issue
Brightness setting seems broken from log. I will look at it too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Like this recovery, have pm you the touchscreen log, goodluck

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Phil3759

Top Liked Posts