[GUIDE][All US Firmware][Switch Carrier][Flash Carrier/Unlocked]SM-N950U/U1/W

Search This thread

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
About to try it. Btw, this is where I'm at: https://imgur.com/j2mMTcj
Your baseband shows that your flash of the updated Firmware took successfully...this is why the previous versions fail...

So, after factory reset then backing out to main recovery menu and selecting boot to bootloader, flash updated BQJA TMB firmware...

If it fails again, follow the switching carrier guide and change csc to TMB in step 25...make sure to use the files for Use for BQJA

Last edited:
Reactions: milan03

milan03

Feb 22, 2011
New York City
Your baseband shows that your flash of the updated Firmware took successfully...this is why the previous versions fail...

So, after factory reset then backing out to main recovery menu and selecting boot to bootloader, flash updated BQJA TMB firmware...

If it fails again, follow the switching carrier guide and change csc to TMB in step 25...make sure to use the files for Use for BQJA
The flashing did PASS (like many times before with BQJA), but at the setup process I can already tell that I'm still on the XAA by looking at the LTE sign in the status bar.

Will look into the carrier switching process now.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

That did work. Many thanks.

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
The flashing did PASS (like many times before with BQJA), but at the setup process I can already tell that I'm still on the XAA by looking at the LTE sign in the status bar.

Will look into the carrier switching process now.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

That did work. Many thanks.
Glad it worked

oscarat50

Dec 21, 2014
Hi, I've just flashed the unlocked firmware (SM-N950U1 XAA) to my note 8 originally from Sprint, everything worked perfectly with prince ODIN. The only issue is that when I restart the phone, I get a google account missing error. My google account is not accepted, it's blocked. In the download window the FRP says it's locked.

How can I fix this?, thank you!

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
Hi, I've just flashed the unlocked firmware (SM-N950U1 XAA) to my note 8 originally from Sprint, everything worked perfectly with prince ODIN. The only issue is that when I restart the phone, I get a google account missing error. My google account is not accepted, it's blocked. In the download window the FRP says it's locked.

How can I fix this?, thank you!
Send me pm.

kaysond

Oct 17, 2014
California
I'm a little confused. What's the difference between the "carrier switching" and flashing the carrier firmware? Is the switching just updating the CSC by going to netural first? Then you can change the firmware (or leave unlocked firmware)?

Also, what other files would I need to use an N950U1 on Canadian carriers?

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
So now we can Flash the unlock firmware or the AT&T firmware going back and forth lateral lateral flashes?
Should be able to. In some cases where one may want to go clean Unlocked firmware with no carrier files at all, it may be necessary to follow the switching carrier guide to change back to XAA, but other than that, yeah shouldn't be an issue...

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
So I have the TMobile version of Note 8 and I followed the OP's instructions to switch/flash to the Verizon firmware (AQI5). The Service provider now indicates: VZW/VZW/TMB, but I understand the last three cannot be changed (and doesn't matter) unless you are rooted. I am able to make and receive calls, etc. So far so good.

Now:
1). I am using a MVNO called Red Pocket and am on their CDMA (Verizon) network

2). I am not able to activate the Advanced Calling features and Wi-Fi calling - but I presume that this is because I am with Red Pocket and not with Verizon - correct?

3). Each time I reboot my phone, I see a message that says "SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless". I simply swipe to clear and ignore it. From what I can tell, this is just a nuisance message and does not affect the functionality of the phone. The question is why do I see this message? I am asking because previously I was using a Verizon branded Motorola phone that had the same Red Pocket CDMA SIM card in it, and it never showed this message. Is it because the IMEI of the phone is not "registered" with Verizon since it was originally a TMobile version?

4). Does anyone know if I will get automatic firmware updates from Verizon? I am not sure since I am using a MVNO, and not with Verizon direct

Thanks

Have a look at this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote...alling_and_volte_on_unlocked/#bottom-comments

Reactions: maxshop

djpharoah

May 11, 2009
Orange County, CA
Is there a difference in firmwares for the camera? I've got an unlocked Note8 USA versino and the cameras are weak (front mainly) compared to my year old Pixel XL. Worth trying to flash the T-MO firmware to see if there's a difference? Can i go back to the unlocked USA firmware if I decide to return?

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
Is there a difference in firmwares for the camera? I've got an unlocked Note8 USA versino and the cameras are weak (front mainly) compared to my year old Pixel XL. Worth trying to flash the T-MO firmware to see if there's a difference? Can i go back to the unlocked USA firmware if I decide to return?
You can return to unlocked firmware later if you want...you may just try to extract the oak and sideload it...but you can also try this app
https://mega.nz/#!06w1GbrD!SsOaJ4PGRezqQnhplb9OclF7P_rDwCdfR5GZuNAx3mc

bogdi1988

Mar 16, 2007
Seattle, WA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
The camera app in the default Auto mode is not the best as it compensates by increasing the ISO too much in order to take the picture really fast. Try going to like manual mode, drop the ISO to 100-400 and see how those pictures turn out. I notice a huge difference between the manual mode versus the auto mode.

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Has anyone that has unlocked device with att firmware been able to get wifi calling working on your device by getting the IMEI off a demo note 8 from att and using that to activate sim?

Last edited:

Evonator

Apr 3, 2017
I was thinking of flashing the unlocked firmware on my Sprint variant note 8. What was the outcome of (oscarat50) having google account missing error. My google account is not accepted, it's blocked. In the download window the FRP says it's locked.??? Just in case that I run into the same issue.
Thanks.

black96ss

Dec 28, 2012
probably not the best place to ask this but does anyone know if the XAA update got the live focus camera update like the Verizon firmware?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **Welcome to the Fox Den!**

This is a complete guide for flashing Unlocked Firmware, Carrier Firmware, and Carrier Switching for SM-N950U and SM-N950U1 (The guide can also be used for SM-N950W with appropriate files)

The firmware and files within this guide are hosted on various sites and I will try to keep updates available.
    The steps in this guide require Samsung Drivers installed, adb setup, Odin & Odin (Prince Comsy), Download Mode, and Recovery Mode - Downloads are found below and are organized by guide used:

Before you proceed, I cannot be held liable for the damage or malfunction of your device using these files,
    you proceed at your own risk and remove my liability by continuing to any portion of this thread! Flashing files from this thread will erase the internal storage so back up your files first!
    ***Note - Oreo releases on this thread will need to be flashed with New Odin3_v3.13.1 or Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD - End Note***

!PLEASE BE SURE TO READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY AND SEARCH THE POSTS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!​

Prerequisites:
    - Your Note 8 and PC ready to flash
    - READ THE GUIDE YOU WISH TO FOLLOW!
    - Remove Samsung Kies/Switch if installed on PC
    - Download and extract all required files to convenient location, keeping all files organized, on PC
    - Install Samsung Drivers if not installed
    - Setup adb if not setup
    - Edit the "UMS/PATCH" of Odin3.ini file for Odin and Modified Odins from "0" to "1" and save ("Ctrl S")
    +Updated Odin Zips so are already edited so there is no confusion, but feel free to double check.-​
    - I started packaging firmware in individual .rar files to save space so you will have to extract them to flash them, else you will get error...

Downloads:
    Carrier Switching: Steps in Post 2
    ***Note - If you have updated to the V3 Bootloader, N950USQU3BRA?, for any carrier,Prince Comsy's Odin is not blocked - End Note***
    TOOLS:
    Samsung USB
    Platform-Tools (adb)
    WinRAR

ODIN VERSIONS:
    3.13.1 for use with Oreo:
    Odin3_v3.13.1
    Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD

3.12 for use with Nougat:
    Odin3_v3.12.7
    Odin3_v3.12 (PrinceComsy)

Mega Cloud Drive Mirror
    Odin3_v3.12.7 / _v3.12 (PrinceComsy)

ODIN FILES TO FLASH (Combination Firmware and XAC HOME_CSC):
    *Match with your intended Firmware...For example, If your Firmware ends with "AQH7", download and flash files from "For use with AQH7" section, Latest versions are always on top*
    For use with BRA5/6/8/9 Firmwares
    COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU3ARA3
    HOME_CSC_OYV_N950WOYV3BRA5 - *This is Canadian XAC HOME_CSC and can be flashed in Prince Comsy's Odin*

For use with BQL1/2/5/A Firmwares
    COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU2AQL1
    *Sorry no BQL2 XAC HOME_CSC, use 2AQK3 instead*
    HOME_CSC_OYV_N950WVLS2BQK1 - *This is Canadian XAC HOME_CSC and can be flashed in Prince Comsy's Odin*

*Older Versions*
    Flashing Carrier Firmware: Steps in Post 3
    TOOLS:
    Samsung USB
    Platform-Tools (adb)
    WinRAR

ODIN VERSIONS:
    Odin3_v3.13.1
    Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD

Odin3_v3.12.7

Mega Cloud Drive Mirror

ODIN FILES TO FLASH (Complete Carrier Firmware):
    AT&T (ATT):
    Oreo
    N950USQU3CRC2

Nougat
    N950USQU3BRA8 * Cannot be downgraded *
    N950USQS2BQL5
    Older Versions
    Mirrors:​

Sprint (SPR):
    Oreo
    N950USQU3CRC2

Nougat
    N950USQU3BRB4
    N950USQU3BRA6 * Cannot be downgraded *
    N950USQS2BQL9
    Older Versions​

Sprint (XAS):
    N950USQU1AQH7
    Mirrors:
    SamMobile - N950USQU1AQH7
    Updato - N950USQU1AQH7

T-Mobile (TMB):
    Oreo
    N950USQU3CRC2

Nougat
    N950USQU3BRA9 * Cannot be downgraded *
    N950USQU2BQLA
    Older Versions​
    N950USQU2BQJA * Cannot be downgraded *
    N950USQU1AQI5
    N950USQU1AQH7

U.S. Cellular (USC):
    Oreo
    N950USQU3CRC2

Nougat
    N950USQU3BRA8 * Cannot be downgraded *
    Older Versions​

N950USQU2BQJA * Cannot be downgraded *
    N950USQU1AQI9
    N950USQU1AQH7

Verizon (VZW):
    Oreo
    N950USQU3CRC2

Nougat
    N950USQU3BRB1
    N950USQU3BRA5 * Cannot be downgraded *
    N950USQS2BQL5
    Older Versions
    N950USQS2BQK2 * Cannot be downgraded *
    N950USQU1AQI5
    N950USQU1AQH7
    Mirrors:

Xfinity (CCT):
    Oreo
    N950USQU3CRC2

Nougat
    N950USQU3BRA6 * Cannot be downgraded *
    Older Versions
    Flashing Unlocked Firmware: Steps in Post 4
    TOOLS:
    Samsung USB
    Platform-Tools (adb)
    WinRAR

ODIN VERSIONS:
    Odin3_v3.13.1
    Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD

Odin3_v3.12.7

Mega Cloud Drive Mirror

ODIN FILES TO FLASH (Unlocked Non-Carrier Firmware):
    Unlocked XAA
    *Any carrier can flash this version because your SIM and device CSC code will setup proper carrier info, but you can look below for the specific carrier branded version if you choose*
    Oreo
    N950U1UEU3CRC1

Nougat
    N950U1UEU3BRA5 * Cannot be downgraded *
    N950U1UEU2BQL2
    Older Versions
    N950U1UEU2BQK1 * Cannot be downgraded *
    N950U1UEU1AQI5
    N950U1UEU1AQH9

Mirrors
    LMMT - N950U1UEU3CRC1

"Unlocked" Carrier Specific Links:
    *CARRIER branded XAA Firmwares (Not Carrier Stock...located in Flashing Carrier)...little to no bloat*
    *Same as XAA unlocked just with Carrier Settings and some Carrier files already added (not the same as full carrier firmware though)*
    *Updato links and SamMobile links are mirrors of each other and are posted just to give you an option*
    Updato:
    (ACG) CSpire - N950U1UEU1AQI5/BQK1/BQL2
    (AIO) Anritsu - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (ATT) AT&T - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (BST) Boost Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (CCT) Xfinity - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (LRA) Bluegrass Cellular - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2
    (SPR) Sprint - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (TFN) Tracfone - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (TMK) MetroPCS - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (TMB) T-Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (USC) US Cellular - N950U1UEU1AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (VMU) Virgin Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (VZW) Verizon - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (XAA) Stock Universal - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (XAS) Sprint Non-Branded - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5

SamMobile:
    (ACG) CSpire - N950U1UEU1AQI5/BQK1/BQL2
    (AIO) Anritsu - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (ATT) AT&T - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (BST) Boost Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (CCT) Xfinity - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (LRA) Bluegrass Cellular - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2
    (SPR) Sprint - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (TFN) Tracfone - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (TMK) MetroPCS - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (TMB) T-Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (USC) US Cellular - N950U1UEU1AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (VMU) Virgin Mobile - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (VZW) Verizon - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (XAA) Stock Universal - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5
    (XAS) Sprint Non-Branded - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5

** Special Thanks **
    - @Mike15678 - Guide Template
    - @chrisusa96 - Testing/Contributing
    - @TonkaToy87 -Testing/Contributing
    - @leprkon - Hosting Combo/Contributing
    - @realbbb - Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD
    * Other Thanks *
    - @Team DevDigitel - Hosting Sprint Firmware
    - @torreon901 - Hosting T-Mobile Firmware
    - @norbarb - Hosting AT&T Firmware
    - @Jammol - Hosting Xfinity Firmware
    - @LMMT - Hosting XAA Firmware
    ...more coming...

Other Links
    *Culpeo ROM*
    *Fennec ROM*
    *SM-N950U1 XAA Stock Recovery Guide*
    *Edit APN Settings & Native HotSpot Guide*
    *SM-N950U/U1 Factory Binary, Combination Firmware*
    *S Note & Working Action Memo*
    *Free SIM Unlock Service by: @instrumentaly*​
    Flashing Unlocked Firmware:
    Disclaimer - Flashing Unlocked Firmwares will not unlock your device.
    ***Note - Using Prince Comsy's Odin is not blocked - End Note***

Note - If you are flashing Unlocked Firmware from Carrier Firmware you must use Prince Comsy Odin otherwise, use regular Odin.
    All SM-N950U1 Firmwares are unlocked and you may have better connectivity by flashing your carrier's, ATT, CCT, SPR, TMB, USC, or VZW, version of Unlocked Firmware.
    XAA is Factory Unlocked Firmware and will work on all US carriers.
    Some carrier features may not work on Unlocked Firmware without modifications.

*Downloads are in OP*
    Steps:​
    Step 1 - Turn OFF your Galaxy Note 8.
    Step 2 - Press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power Buttons.
    Step 3 - After the Samsung logo, you will see a screen with a warning sign. Proceed ahead by pressing the Volume Up button.
    You are in the Download Mode. If you want to get out of it, simply hold the Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds (around 10 sec.) and your phone will reboot normally.
    Step 4 – Navigate to extracted Odin or Prince Comsy Odin folder and right click on the .exe, select Run as administrator.
    Step 5 – Connect your device via USB, Odin output should read "Added!!".
    Step 6 – Add extracted firmware files (your carrier version of Unlocked or XAA) in the Odin sections appropriately, BL for BL, AP for AP, CP for CP, CSC for CSC (not HOME_CSC).
    Step 7 – Ensure that only “Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are selected under the options tab.
    Step 8 – Click log tab and then click the Start button on the bottom right.
    Step 9 – Output should be shown in the log, take a break for a few….
    Step 10 – If the flash is successful, the top left box will become green and will read PASS.

Your Device can be disconnected..*IT WILL BE ERASED*.

Errors - Failed, SHA256? - Try again after editing config file for UMS/patch from 0 to 1 for USERDATA to write as well as using Prince Comsy's Odin. If it keeps failing, re-download Firmware and try again. You may also need to boot to Recovery and perform Factory Reset before trying again.

*If you are going to proceed to flash carrier CSC and USERDATA files for carrier functions, please make sure that they are from the appropriate SM-N950U carrier before proceeding...*

**If any functions or system apps seem glitchy, you may benefit from a factory reset**
    Switching Carrier:
    Disclaimer - Switching Carrier will not carrier unlock your device. For carrier unlock, call carrier or pay for unlock service.
    ***Note - If you have updated to the V3 Bootloader, N950USQU3BRA?, for any carrier, Prince Comsy's Odin is not blocked - End Note***

Note - This guide uses adb, regular Odin, Prince Comsy's Odin, Canadian XAC Home_CSC, and Factory Binary.
    Download Firmwares that match your intended carrier's product code, ATT, CCT, SPR, TMB, USC, VZW, XAA, or XAS.
    Make note that Firmwares based on SM-N950U1 are Unlocked Firmwares and do not contain carrier files even though they have carrier code. For Carrier versions, download SM-N950U Firmwares.
    Some carrier features may not work on different carrier devices without modifications or having IMEI added to intended carrier's whitelist.

**Note: This will NOT change the CSC Product Code of the device, it only allows you to change carrier Firmware effectively...for instance, XXX/XXX/SPR**
    Match Binary version to your Firmware Version as older binaries do not work with newer firmware..

If you are just flashing Carrier Firmware on SM-N950U1, skip to Flashing Carrier guide. If you are just flashing Unlocked Firmware on SM-N950U, skip to Flashing Unlocked guide.

*Downloads are in OP*
    Step 3 - After the Samsung logo, you will see a screen with a warning sign. Proceed ahead by pressing the Volume Up button.
    You are in the Download Mode. If you want to get out of it, simply hold the Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds (around 10 sec.) and your phone will reboot normally.
    Step 4 – Navigate to extracted Regular Odin folder and right click on the .exe, select Run as administrator.
    Step 6 – Add extracted Factory Binary file (COMBINATION file that matches your firmware, if you have updated to the latest then you need the latest) in the Odin section labeled AP by clicking AP in Odin and selecting COMBINATION file.
    Step 7 – Ensure that only “Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are selected under the options tab.
    Step 10 – If the flash is successful, the top left box will become green and will read PASS.
    Leave your phone connected and let your it reboot into the Factory Binary homescreen..*IT WILL BE ERASED*.
    If Factory Binary homescreen does not load or device is stuck on Boot, power off device with Volume Down + Power Button and boot into Revovery, Volume Up + Bixby + Power buttons and perform a Factory reset.
    ***It is best to perform a factory reset anyways***
    Then choose Reboot device.
    Step 11 - Navigate to extracted adb folder (platform-tools) and Shift+Right click on any blank space in file explorer with that folder open and select "Open command window here".
    If the option is missing search for cmd via Windows Start Button or Cortana search and Right-Click the cmd.exe and select Run as administrator.
    Step 12 - Type in:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Step 13 - Leave ADB open, your device will reboot into download mode and stay connected to adb.
    Step 14 - Navigate to extracted Odin (Prince Comsy's) folder and right click on the .exe, select Run as administrator.
    Step 15 - Odin output should read "Added!!".
    Step 16 - Add extracted Canadian HOME_CSC file in the Odin section labled CSC by clicking CSC in Odin and selecting XAC_HOME_CSC file.
    Step 17 - Ensure that only “Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are selected under the options tab.
    Step 18 - Click log tab and then click the Start button on the bottom right.
    Step 19 - Output should be shown in the log, should be quick.
    Step 20 - If the flash is successful, the top left box will become green and will read PASS.
    Step 21 - Once your phone reboots, you will see an "IME" button on the bottom of 'factory binary homescreen'.
    Step 22 - Select the "IME" button and dial:
    Code:
    *#243203855#
    Step 23 - After menu pops up, Scroll down until you find an "XAC" option. Select "XAC" and then select "Install".
    Step 24 - Your phone will reboot. Once it reaches the 'Factory Binary homescreen', go back to command prompt on your computer and type in:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Step 25 - In the cmd window type the following exactly, with XXX being replaced by intended CSC "code" below:
    Code:
    echo "XXX" > /efs/imei/mps_code.dat
    Choose one of these CSC "codes" to replace XXX in the info above:
    ACG - C Spire
    AIO - Cricket
    ATT - AT&T
    BST - Boost
    CCT - Xfinity
    SPR - Sprint
    TFN - Tracfone
    TMB - T-Mobile
    TMK - MetroPCS
    USC - US Cellular
    VMU - Virgin Mobile
    VZW - Verizon
    XAS - Sprint
    XAA - US Unlocked​
    Step 26 - In the cmd window, type in:
    Code:
    exit​
    Step 27 - In the cmd window, type in:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader​
    Step 28 - Flash your desired Firmware by following the "Flashing Carrier Firmware" or "Flashing Unlocked Firmware" guides below.
    Flashing Carrier Firmware:
    Disclaimer - Flashing different Carrier Firmwares will not switch carrier.
    ***Note - Using Prince Comsy's Odin is not blocked - End Note***

Note - If you are flashing Carrier Firmware from Unlocked Firmware you can use regular Odin.
    Download and flash SM-N950U Firmwares that match your carrier's product code, ATT, CCT, SPR, TMB, USC, VZW or XAS.
    Firmwares based on SM-N950U1 are Unlocked Firmwares and do not contain carrier files even though they have carrier code.
    Some carrier features may not work on Unlocked devices flashed to carrier Firmware without modifications or having IMEI added to carrier's whitelist.

*Downloads are in OP*
    Step 4 – Navigate to extracted Odin folder and right click on the .exe, select Run as administrator.
    Step 6 – Add extracted firmware files (your carrier version, ATT, CCT, SPR, USC, or VZW) in the Odin sections appropriately, BL for BL, AP for AP, CP for CP, CSC for CSC (not HOME_CSC), and UMS for USERDATA.

Your Device can be disconnected..*IT WILL BE ERASED*.

Errors - Failed, SHA256? - Try again after editing config file for UMS/patch from 0 to 1 for USERDATA to write as well as using Prince Comsy's Odin. If it keeps failing, re-download Firmware and try again. You may also need to boot to Recovery and perform Factory Reset before trying again.

**If any functions or system apps seem glitchy, you may benefit from a factory reset**
    Actually there is Verizon, Sprint, USC, and ATT firmwares released with Blv3 right now. And no it has nothing to do with trying to downgrade BL versions.

There's already an article on XDA about it. Blv3 patches Comsey ODIN, so anything you need Comsey for, including Factory Binary, flashing out of region firmware (such as the N950UW XAC files) WILL hard brick your device.

There's been much discussion and confirmation of this in the Telegram group.
    So we need an update to Comsy's Odin to bypass the patch....and I only found CCT and USC firmwares...ill research the block to modified Odin and see if anyone's working on a newer version...since it is used in unlocking (for pay) there should be a workaround soon...

Never say Never...