[Q] Dead spot on touch screen??? Can't type "P" alphabet on keyboard!!

Search This thread

lagu805

Jan 21, 2010
Which GB rom did you use? Because I tried CM7.2 and the problem is still there.

I used MIUI GB and Nik's Trinity 4.5/5.0

then I started using Nik's Aura v3, the keyboard lagged really bad that I have to start typing slowly
switched to IceCold, the problem was still there but it's better than the sense ROM. however the ROM was still not stable at that time, so I went back to Nik's aura with the same keyboard issue.

couldn't bear with it, I turned back to MIUI GB and it was just smooth...

missing ICS, I tried the Nik's aura again and it's still bad (silly me right? going back and forth)
at that time what i did was to use a compact style keyboard, depends on T9 to get the expected words.

Soon after, I tried the unofficial MIUI (based on icecold) and it was really smooth.
I just tried the official MIUI, unfortunately it's based on Sense.. so the lag was pretty bad :)

2uqnn2x.jpg

Wave87

Jul 10, 2011
I hope this keyboard lag (and unresponsive keys) problem gets fixed. I really wanna go back and use Sense ROMs, but the keyboard issue is something that I can't bear.

I tried Nik's new JB Rom, but it still has the issue so I had to go back to MIUI 2.8.24.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    umm.. Are u sure? what about original thread? cos it's only 89 Mb. Usually custom Rom are more than 200 Mb???

Not CM roms. Without sense they are usually around 90 MB.

Chk out the list of roms from their page.

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=vivo
    CM 7 ROMs are very small in size compared with other ROMs
    Its the sense ROMs and all the bloat that builds up

About the keyboard, its been happening on every ICS ROM with the HTC 3.0.16 kernel, so I'm not sure if its actually linked to that..

Sent from my Nexus 7
    CM 7 ROMs are very small in size compared with other ROMs
    Its the sense ROMs and all the bloat that builds up

About the keyboard, its been happening on every ICS ROM with the HTC 3.0.16 kernel, so I'm not sure if its actually linked to that..

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yeah I notice this issue too on UKB Evolution. Normally on the A or P keys. It might just be my finger. Works a lot better when I try to type slower though. Might just be phone lag.

Sent from my Incredible S using Tapatalk 2