[Kernel/Root] Root for the SM-G530T 5.1.1 [AOF8]

Search This thread

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB

Root method for AOF8 / 5.1.1 for the SM-G530T THIS WILL TRIP KNOX. If you don't want to trip knox don't use this. If you do use it and whine you tripped knox because you didn't read ,we will all point and laugh at you.

Named it TrapKernel because well its not my normal HispAsian Kernel and I listened to a crap ton of Trap Music while doing it.

Thanks to @g.lewarne and his root method with his Unibase and Unikernel for the s6 , we finally have root after I ported it over to us. So be sure to thank him for his work.

What's included:
Auto installation of root and busy box
Kernel set to permissive
Otherwise stock

So here's the deal. Stupid simple.

1. Put Phone in Download mode
2. Open Odin
3. Connect Phone
4. Put Kernel in AP Slot
5.Flash it
6. Reboot and profit

Notes:
Download SuperSu from the Playstore. Its not included.
If it doesnt boot on first boot, pull the battery and reboot

Download

Do NOT mirror this link. Period.

TrapKernel AOF8

Special thanks to:
@g.lewarne for the obvious reason of being awesome and his root method for the s6.
@ajp87 for testing multiple tests
@Chainfire for SuperSU

Last edited:

thee011

Sep 3, 2008
seem to be working on the g530w thanks man.....
make sure u turn on oem unlock in developer setting

TheDerekHarper

Jun 21, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
VictorXIbarra.com

Root method for AOF8 / 5.1.1 for the SM-G530T THIS WILL TRIP KNOX. If you don't want to trip knox don't use this. If you do use it and whine you tripped knox because you didn't read ,we will all point and laugh at you.

Named it TrapKernel because well its not my normal HispAsian Kernel and I listened to a crap ton of Trap Music while doing it.

Thanks to @g.lewarne and his root method with his Unibase and Unikernel for the s6 , we finally have root after I ported it over to us. So be sure to thank him for his work.

What's included:
Kernel set to permissive
Otherwise stock

2. Open Odin
3. Connect Phone
4. Put Kernel in AP Slot
5.Flash it
6. Reboot and profit

Notes:

Download

TrapKernel AOF8

Special thanks to:
@g.lewarne for the obvious reason of being awesome and his root method for the s6.
@Chainfire for SuperSU

Wait! You've made a kernel/root for the grand prime too?
Does it function the same way as the core prime?

if so, you're a godsend!
I've always wanted the grand prime (after i saw my sister taunting me while she took selfies and video with the device.)
I was able to root hers (Since it was the CricKet model) but i always wanted to get the grand (T-mobile version) and root it.

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Wait! You've made a kernel/root for the grand prime too?
Does it function the same way as the core prime?

if so, you're a godsend!
I've always wanted the grand prime (after i saw my sister taunting me while she took selfies and video with the device.)
I was able to root hers (Since it was the CricKet model) but i always wanted to get the grand (T-mobile version) and root it.
Yeah same exact thing as the 360t1

Reactions: hatemalmalki

GeEazy

Oct 15, 2011
The SM-G530T is the T-Mobile variant, is it not.?

sent by my: SM-G531M-57 Grand Prime (or) my: SM-N910C Note 4 (Lollipop 5.1.1)

Look here smart ass, another T-Mobile Grand Prime owner said it failed. so just in case you've missed that post, go back and read it. prick

Edit: I missed his "Edit" OEM Unlock wasn't enabled.

Last edited:

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Look here smart ass, another T-Mobile Grand Prime owner said it failed. so just in case you've missed that post, go back and read it. prick

Edit: I missed his "Edit" OEM Unlock wasn't enabled.

Actually, he was legitimately asking the question. Because just like me he doesnt own this particular variant. Well actually I dont even own a Grand prime at all. So if you want to be a prick you can go do it in another thread or in a PM and not disrespect users in the thread I gave you root in.

GeEazy

Oct 15, 2011
Actually, he was legitimately asking the question. Because just like me he doesnt own this particular variant. Well actually I dont even own a Grand prime at all. So if you want to be a prick you can go do it in another thread or in a PM and not disrespect users in the thread I gave you root in.

we already squashed it in PM. I took what he said as sarcasm instead of an actual question.

Thanks for your share. :good::laugh:

Advertize

Jan 9, 2010
Indianapolis
Open Source Sound Control Code?

Hey, love the kernel and have tweaked it using SetCPU. I was curious however is there is any way to enable support for Faux Sound by patching the Open Source Sound Control Code? This would enable us to get more volume out of this beast!

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Hey, love the kernel and have tweaked it using SetCPU. I was curious however is there is any way to enable support for Faux Sound by patching the Open Source Sound Control Code? This would enable us to get more volume out of this beast!
There's zero features to this kernel. I didn't add anything. And that'd be the kernel source. Is there a way, yes. But I don't own the device so am I going to do it? Probably not

Reactions: Advertize

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What's included:
    Kernel set to permissive
    Otherwise stock

2. Open Odin
    3. Connect Phone
    4. Put Kernel in AP Slot
    5.Flash it
    6. Reboot and profit

Notes:

Download

TrapKernel AOF8

Special thanks to:
    @Chainfire for SuperSU

Can you update this kernel for AOH9?

The MetroPCS STOCK Firmware is HERE
    10,000+ downloads + 16 thanks= nope.

Not a "thank me whore" but seriously ?

For this phone, I'm seeing a lot about "tripping KNOX" I think I understand what Knox is, but I wonder if I have to worry about this, as my phone is personal, and not enterprise. If I still have to worry about tripping knox, what do I need to do? I searched the forums, and couldn't find an answer to this.

It's just a counter that everyone makes a huge not needed big azz deal about. Does prevent some, not that really used by anyone, features not work like private mode, but there's fixes out there for it.
    For the tmobile varient make sure you activate developer options and click usb debugging mode so the root takes effect. that should be added in the steps but it isnt. go to settings > about device > tap "build number" like 7 times, it will notify you 3 steps before it activates. go back to settings and click developer options and check usb debugging. also because odin has updated, the slot isnt called AP its called PDA. click n load TrapKernel there. Flash that and your phone should auto restart. make sure you enter download mode by turning the phone off and holding Volume Down button, Home button and power button simultaneously then it will prompt you to press Vol Up to (Continue).... Then you are in Download Mode. connect your phone via usb cord.

This is for those that are new and dont want to sift through pointless comments or arguments in this thread. :) Good day all
    Heres the source set to permissive for anyone that want to fork it and build a kernel that'll allow root:

Permissive Kernel Source for the G530T
    Oh no apology necessary! I wasn't offended at all. I sincerely appreciated the gesture. I just bought this phone a couple days ago is why I was asking. I used to cook roms for the Epic and GS3 so I have a pretty decent know how. My poor GS3 broke though and now I'm stuck with this. It's not that bad though.

So there is this kernel to gain root, then we need to odin twrp to do any flashing.. Is there any stable decent roms or is stock the best bet? Worse case scenario I'll leave it stock rooted and just remove the bloat.

I am personally working on a twrp for the devices. No roms are out yet either. But we do have stock firmware that is flashable by odin. I can personally send files that may be useful tto you as well. I have a lot of the partition sizes, lists of bloat, and various others...