SM-S920L (Straight Talk[Verizon]) Galaxy Grand Prime 5.0.2

Search This thread

hondais1

Aug 29, 2013
Since there is absolutely ZERO info about this cell, I think those of us should share little what we have. Im uploading a STOCK KERNEL and STOCK RECOVERY file using the FLASHIFY.apk. I am rooted using KINGROOT! The STOCK rom is 5.0.2!

STOCK KERNEL
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0SpViU3rvl6dWtKOVAweEh2QW8/view?usp=sharing

STOCK RECOVERY
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0SpViU3rvl6blNFaEkzQlN4aXc/view?usp=sharing

29pon4n.png

Last edited:

Hydro_Axis

Oct 17, 2015
Hanover
Excellent. The only other person besides myself in the world with this variant. I have posted the the boot.img,recovery.img, and build.prop in another thread to have a custom recovery made, but havent heard anything back yet.

DanHutchins

Sep 2, 2015
Claremont, N.H
I too am having an issue finding anything for this phone. Not to tech savvy myself but I'm sure something will come soon. Black Friday at Walmart sold a ton of these phones so I'm sure it won't be long.

swapn

Nov 8, 2012
+1 person

Me too man :D bought on Black friday and looking to unlock this for t mobile . Let's see what happen ??
EDIT:- Is someone is using for other network than straightalk ??

Last edited:

bfoos

Sep 15, 2015
Oneonta, NY
I too snagged this phone at Walmart on Black Thursday right after a hearty meal of turkey and all the fixin's lol. So far, all I've been able to really accomplish on this device is to root it with KingRoot, replace KingRoot with SuperSU and enable tethering. We really do need a custom recovery for this variant. A permissive kernel would be nice too.

swapn

Nov 8, 2012
Update

I have a SM-S920L(As screenshot above) and i bought from Best buy and it is locked to Tracfone. I called to cell representative and he told me that it can be unlock after 1 year of use.
I bought one of these phones from black Friday online from Wal-mart the Straight Talk model but online it shows S920C instead of S920L.... Does anyone know the difference?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/46716426

I don't have the device in hand yet, should be here by the 4th to verify the model number. I posted the link though.

Reactions: josetavarez017

Hydro_Axis

Oct 17, 2015
Hanover
When trying to update the software from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 it says update temperarally unavailable I called Samsung and there is an update but for some reason I can't get it anyone else have this problem?

I've read somewhere that in order to update you have to get a new SIM card from Straight talk. I myself haven't test this theory so if anyone is able to update after doing so, please post your results for the rest of us.

Reactions: DanHutchins

DanHutchins

Sep 2, 2015
Claremont, N.H
So I talked to straight talk and they said that the ota issue don't qualify for a sim replacement. Not to sure how the other people got there's but they refuse to send me one. I will be doing more research to find another way. They also claim that 5.0.2 is the latest version for the phone but the others that have had the sim replaced have 5.1.1

DanHutchins

Sep 2, 2015
Claremont, N.H
This variant is the LTE version. In other words, it's already unlocked. You should be able to put pretty much any SIM in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Does this mean that LTE phones are unlocked? I always thought it was just a type of 4g just a bit faster

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

After further research I have found that 5.0.2 is the latest for the phone so I am assuming that the others that had this and claim it was fixed with new sim was probably just the timing of the update being available and was only to 5.0.2.

Azdonald

Feb 10, 2010
Is there anyway to change the APN settings on this phone? Just got it today and i am unable to get picture messages from people i was previously getting them from with my old phone/sim. Thanks!

DanHutchins

Sep 2, 2015
Claremont, N.H
Is there anyway to change the APN settings on this phone? Just got it today and i am unable to get picture messages from people i was previously getting them from with my old phone/sim. Thanks!

If its a straight talk phone you should be able to go to the Straight Talk website and get the APN APN or VPN whatever you need other than that I don't know

Top Liked Posts