Brick Samsung galaxy mini 2

Search This thread

striker14

Jun 29, 2013
Onesti
Hy friends.

Last month I flashed stock ROM. I rooted it and I installed cwm. Two weeks ago I did a factory reset from settings, and it doesn't boot. I can enter in cwm and in download mode, but my PC doesn't recognise it. I have drivers installed, Samsung kies etc, but it still doesn't recognize it.

Please, can someone help me?

Sent from my ST21i using xda app-developers app

lowtax

Jul 4, 2013
That's mean your phone is not bricked. Try to reinstall the drivers. Go to download mode and enter it. Run Odin 3. It doesn't matter if Odin not detect it as GT-S6500 for example Odin detect it as T/(V) or any other random word. Click PDA and flash the stock rom or flash CWM.

striker14

Jun 29, 2013
Onesti
I try to reinstall drivers, even on 3 computers, but it said that USB device was not recognized., so Odin can't see it.

Edit: I have cwm from gt s7500, can someone upload one for mini 2?

Last edited:

TheTrakO

Apr 12, 2013
Žepče
Hy friends.

Last month I flashed stock ROM. I rooted it and I installed cwm. Two weeks ago I did a factory reset from settings, and it doesn't boot. I can enter in cwm and in download mode, but my PC doesn't recognise it. I have drivers installed, Samsung kies etc, but it still doesn't recognize it.

Please, can someone help me?

It's probably stupid idea, but did you try another USB cable, because I was in similar situation and after bunch of drivers installed on several computers i found that the problem was in the USB cable. Tried another USB cable and it worked like a charm. At least it worked for me.

striker14

Jun 29, 2013
Onesti
I didn't try that, I will try it later, now I'm on a trip with my family and then I have just my tipo.

striker14

Jun 29, 2013
Onesti
It's probably stupid idea, but did you try another USB cable, because I was in similar situation and after bunch of drivers installed on several computers i found that the problem was in the USB cable. Tried another USB cable and it worked like a charm. At least it worked for me.

Tryed that, not working, now i'm trying to charge my phone

torndown_

Jul 22, 2013
Gijón
It may also seem stupid, but you could try Heimdall, an Odin-like software, that may recognise your device, or you could even make sure that when you install the drivers, you should right-click on the .exe file and run as administrator. It worked for me once.

striker14

Jun 29, 2013
Onesti
Drivers are ok, my friend's mini 2 is recognized. Now phone won't boot (charged it for three hours)

RBOShadow

Jul 15, 2013
Unfortunately I have the same problem :| it is called Recovery-loop and I started to try to fix it about one month ago or more. Now i am trying to send a PM to @thewisp with the problem and for that I need 10 posts :) Did you asked him about this problem? He is the most active developer for this phone and he might know what we should do .
When I will fix it (i hope soon) i will tell you every step that i made so you will fix your phone too.

luxyuz

Jul 9, 2013
I was afraid of jumping to custom roms because of bricking my phone but after learning how to do it I didn't think it was possible to brick your phone. Well I guess it is.

As you probably have tried every trick there is, your best bet is if the dev knows how to solve it.

But if you can enter download mode and odin does not see the phone, and drivers and cable are ok, it will be hard to fix if possible.

TheWhisp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 25, 2011
you're right. There is really LOW chance of bricking your device by installing custom ROMs. If you develop customs ROMs, then it is easy to brick you device.

this bug is not called "recovery-loop". This has been fixed in the latest CWM builds for Mini 2, it's your own problem if you haven't upgraded yet.

Anyway, I had a similar problem once, odin just wouldn't recognize my device whatever I do.
This worked for Mini 2:

1 ) unplug USB cable
2 ) Power off device
3 ) Start it in download mode, press volume up button to continue. Do NOT plug in USB cable.
4 ) Open odin as administrator
5 ) Plug in USB cable

if this still doesn't work, try rebooting Windows and try again. Should work.

Reactions: srdjan33

striker14

Jun 29, 2013
Onesti
I think is hard brick, because phone won't charge now, it' s dead.

Thanks for all replay and thanks TheWhisp, but i don't know what i can do.

Last edited:

CoX26

Dec 19, 2012
I think is hard brick, because phone won't charge now, it' s dead.

Thanks for all replay and thanks TheWhisp, but i don't know what i can do.

Get the battery out, wait 1-2 minutes, press power button for 30 seconds (while the battery is out !) then put the battery in and try to start it in download mode (Vol - + Home + Power) ! Worked for my hard brick , the phone won't start not even when charger plugged...

striker14

Jun 29, 2013
Onesti
Get the battery out, wait 1-2 minutes, press power button for 30 seconds (while the battery is out !) then put the battery in and try to start it in download mode (Vol - + Home + Power) ! Worked for my hard brick , the phone won't start not even when charger plugged...

Nope, it doesn't work, it's just dead :(

shojib97

Jun 24, 2013
Nope, it doesn't work, it's just dead :(

hey man try this method:

1. Battery out. 4secs or more. Battery in (Remove SIM card and SD Card to be saved)
2. Volume DOWN + Home + Power Button. Hold it EXACTLY 5 SECONDS!
(NOW YOU IN DOWNLOAD MOD)
3. You will see or hear nothing! but remember you are there!
4. After when you got in download mod if you remember you need to "Press Volume UP" to confirm it. So press Volume UP and wait 2 seconds
5. Connect your mobile to the PC (Desktop ODIN Running). You will hear the sound. Which mean your phone connected.
6. Flash any stock firmware as you like....

Good Luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you're right. There is really LOW chance of bricking your device by installing custom ROMs. If you develop customs ROMs, then it is easy to brick you device.

this bug is not called "recovery-loop". This has been fixed in the latest CWM builds for Mini 2, it's your own problem if you haven't upgraded yet.

Anyway, I had a similar problem once, odin just wouldn't recognize my device whatever I do.
    This worked for Mini 2:

1 ) unplug USB cable
    2 ) Power off device
    3 ) Start it in download mode, press volume up button to continue. Do NOT plug in USB cable.
    4 ) Open odin as administrator
    5 ) Plug in USB cable

if this still doesn't work, try rebooting Windows and try again. Should work.