[Dev][WIP] Cyanogenmod 10 [JB 4.1.2][Build 1]

Search This thread

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich

Cyanogenmod 10
By Jordfaz

This is a port i made from the latest Jelly bean 4.1.2 build by. The base rom for this is Danibosnev's build of CM 10.

This does not yet boot, but close enough apart from a few errors (can't figure out what they are yet though), so i need help from everyone to test, logcat and report back with fixes.

Original rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1956127

Features

- Jelly bean (4.1.2)
- Jelly bean trebuchet
- Theme chooser
- Customisable lockscreen and statusbbar
- Performance settings
- Apollo music player
- Paranoid wallpapers
- More settings by me (Future releases)

Bugs

- Doesn't quite boot yet.

Credits

- Danibosnev
- Android_United
- Benjamingwynn
- Wildfire s devs
- Mongoosehelix
- Shelnutt2
- Whoshotjr2006
- Cyanogen
- Dsixda
- Hero CDMA crew

Last edited:

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
Download

Download from Mediafire

Note: Im only going to put in the changelog things done by me, and not the CM team.
Note: Always keep a backup of a working rom before installation because this may not boot. You have been warned.

Changelog

21/10/2012
- Initial release

Screenshots

Screenshot_2012-11-14-02-16-03.png
Screenshot_2012-11-14-02-16-50.png

Last edited:

johny_pg1

Sep 4, 2012
Dude this is awesome thank you for this,and good luck with getting this to work
Cheers :D

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
Wont it be better to base it on the CM9 where everything works, and just fix the framework for it ? Because the JB ROM has problems with the drivers and the kernel :eek:

I prefer jelly bean, on other devices like ours it runs smother in some areas of the UI, so thats why im porting it from another device until it starts to run faster.:)

miniAndroidian

Apr 8, 2012
Germany
I prefer jelly bean, on other devices like ours it runs smother in some areas of the UI, so thats why im porting it from another device until it starts to run faster.:)

And what exactly should we the "users" do? Should i have a closer look at the ROM and provide you a logcat or do you have other testers and you're working on this ROM and we should wait for the next release?

johny_pg1

Sep 4, 2012
KoolSavas95 have point you can just get the cm10 framework on top of the cm9 base
Cheers :D

machv5

Sep 4, 2012
Drunken Duncan
Hi jordfaz.

Cyanogenmod 10
By Jordfaz

This is a port i made from the latest Jelly bean 4.1.2 build by Benjamingwynn from the htc wildfire s. The base rom for this is Danibosnev's build of CM 10.

This does not yet boot, but close enough apart from a few errors (can't figure out what they are yet though), so i need help from everyone to test, logcat and report back with fixes.

Features

- Jelly bean (4.1.2)
- Jelly bean trebuchet
- Theme chooser
- Performance settings
- Apollo music player
- Paranoid wallpapers

Bugs

Credits

- Danibosnev
- Benjamingwynn
- Wildfire s devs
- Mongoosehelix
- Shelnutt2
- Whoshotjr2006
- Cyanogen
- Dsixda
- Hero CDMA crew

I'm a nub to development so alas probably wouldn't (but not for long) be able to write any fixes for you however I am more than willing to test and write bug reports. I am learning to program Android devices and am thinking of buying a Wildfire to network unlock, custom ROM, and install rooted apps so I can resell for a profit. I started with an EVO3D and my first one took me 4 days to figure out (someone gave it to me for free bricked and I got it working again. I then went around to the pawn shops where I live and bought 2 more locked EVOs then resold them via classified adverts online. Sadly till I get either another way to donate to those specific devs which without their how-to's and tools I would never have had more than a 6oz paperweight and never had such a great time learning etc... I don't have Paypal and only a pay-as-you-go credit card. So I am having trouble setting up a Google wallet, I am working on that.

Anyway even when I get that donation bit sorted I still want want to help out and learn as much as I can so that I too one day, barring a stroke brought on by trying to grasp some of the more advanced stuff involved or act of God will become a developer too like yourselves. I also velieve in open source and by donation principles. And any apps, ROMS, Themes, etc... that I create in the future will be marketed in the same way. So if there is anything that I can do please let me know and I will to the best of my ability. And as I am still a nub if you have any pointers towards my achieving the gaol of developer etc... I am all ears.

Hope this finds you well may all your bugs be easy to fix.

E

E.Cadro

Even though this is a port you still need to put a link in the op to the original rom or source used. Thanks in advance.

E.

Sent from my Nocturnalized One XL using Forum Runner

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
Even though this is a port you still need to put a link in the op to the original rom or source used. Thanks in advance.

E.

Added link to original thread.

Rebased on galaxy mini rom because its LDPI, getting closer to booting:D

Also ported CM9.1 from the same thread, it boots and im just tweaking it, plus its all LDPI so no re-sizing issues;)

Last edited:

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
I hope u can get the wifi working :) . In the build from source we still dont know how to get it working.

But very nice that u try to get it booting :D

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
nice one ;)

I think he edited the boot.img, but dont know it for sure. If it was the boot.img, i already could give u one that should have booted JB.

Now my bigest hope for your project is that the wifi will be working. If u got the fix i would happely know so we can bring CM10 from experimetal state to alpha/beta state :D

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
No boot.img changes, just a couple of libs :)
But whenever the screen is locked, the rom goes back to boot animation and bootloops from then on:(

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
hmm, dont know what that could be. But did u try the wifi when the screen is still on :p, would like to know if it works or not ;)

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
hmm, dont know what that could be. But did u try the wifi when the screen is still on :p, would like to know if it works or not ;)

Not tested sorry, ill try my best to fix it if it is broke though;)

Oh and during the bootloop after I turn the screen off, I get a windows manager policy error, any ideas?

johny_pg1

Sep 4, 2012
AOKP doesnt boo at all after the intallation it goes in bootloop who lasts forever
Cheers ;D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cyanogenmod 10
    By Jordfaz

This is a port i made from the latest Jelly bean 4.1.2 build by. The base rom for this is Danibosnev's build of CM 10.

Original rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1956127

Features

- Jelly bean (4.1.2)
    - Jelly bean trebuchet
    - Theme chooser
    - Performance settings
    - Apollo music player
    - Paranoid wallpapers

Bugs

Credits

- Danibosnev
    - Android_United
    - Benjamingwynn
    - Wildfire s devs
    - Mongoosehelix
    - Shelnutt2
    - Whoshotjr2006
    - Cyanogen
    - Dsixda
    - Hero CDMA crew
    Download

Download from Mediafire

Note: Im only going to put in the changelog things done by me, and not the CM team.
    Note: Always keep a backup of a working rom before installation because this may not boot. You have been warned.

Changelog

21/10/2012
    - Initial release

Screenshots

Screenshot_2012-11-14-02-16-03.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-14-02-16-50.png

Wifi is fixed in your tests?

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

havnt tested yet, but probably not.

E.

Added link to original thread.

Rebased on galaxy mini rom because its LDPI, getting closer to booting:D

Also ported CM9.1 from the same thread, it boots and im just tweaking it, plus its all LDPI so no re-sizing issues;)
    AOKP jb boots!!!!!!!!!!:victory: