LG G2 Skins - Protectors

Search This thread

mikedeconboy

Jun 23, 2011
So I previously ordered and installed the ZAGG full body protector (front and back) for my LG G2 (T-Mobile). The back protector was horrible. The cut outs were bad and collected a crazy amount of dust near the camera/button area. The screen protector was great as it covered 99% of the screen, but I took it off b/c of that orange peel effect.

I'm thinking between these three skins
1) Skinomi Tech Skin
2) ArmorSuit
3) Ghost Armor (Expensive though! - $60)

Anyone try either? and which one do you like better in regards to cut outs and protection?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vonarx

pmoradi2002

Jan 4, 2012
www.xgearlive.com
The ArmorSuit looks like it's only for the back, no sides, top, or bottom.

If I remember correctly Skinomi is similar.

There are better options out there, particularly ones that use genuine 3M materials.

mikedeconboy

Jun 23, 2011
The ArmorSuit looks like it's only for the back, no sides, top, or bottom.

If I remember correctly Skinomi is similar.

There are better options out there, particularly ones that use genuine 3M materials.

That's what I thought. But it does look like the Skinomi product offers the buttons and camera in the back which is pretty cool. I also forgot to add Ghost Armor to the list, but I don't know if anyone here tried that.

What better options are out there?

puch0021

Nov 2, 2011
Minneapolis
So I previously ordered and installed the ZAGG full body protector (front and back) for my LG G2 (T-Mobile). The back protector was horrible. The cut outs were bad and collected a crazy amount of dust near the camera/button area. The screen protector was great as it covered 99% of the screen, but I took it off b/c of that orange peel effect.

1) Skinomi Tech Skin
2) ArmorSuit

Anyone try either? and which one do you like better in regards to cut outs and protection?

http://www.xgearlive.com/products/android/lg/exoskin-1

I've heard good things about Exoskins. Anyone else care to comment?

Reactions: Acalanata

Vysin

Mar 29, 2012
I current have the Obliq pure crystal and they're great. They feel smooth and don't have too much of a plastic feel.
They're only $7 too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

mikedeconboy

Jun 23, 2011

These look good. I was hoping it would include the camera lens cover like the Skinomi does. I've ready about how easily this "sapphire" lens gets scratched up. Not to mention the buttons too.

I current have the Obliq pure crystal and they're great. They feel smooth and don't have too much of a plastic feel.
They're only $7 too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I have the Obliq Anti-shock on I got it to replace my ZAGG. Agreed with the smoothness!

Last edited:

mikedeconboy

Jun 23, 2011
I have xtremeguard and i think that it is much better than zagg. No orange peel efect and very strong. They have 80-85% discount. I am using xtremeguard for 3 years and no one problem :)

http://www.xtremeguard.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=1430

Odoslané z LG-D802 pomocou Tapatalku

Seconded.

Just got mine yesterday and installed it and it fit perfectly

Hmm the back skin didn't fit properly for me. Especially around the back buttons. I KNOW that I bough the correct variant cut out..

arkaz99

Jul 19, 2009
Bratislava
When i get mine than i post some pictures of application. You must do it very carefully

Odoslané z LG-D802 pomocou Tapatalku

Musicmaster

Aug 3, 2004
Hmm the back skin didn't fit properly for me. Especially around the back buttons. I KNOW that I bough the correct variant cut out..

Ah. I don't use the rear protector since i have a TPU case. I actually left the verizon sticker on the back.

Front fits perfect though and I got it on without any dust / bubbles too on the first try

xeigen

Sep 16, 2011
Singapore
When you use the skin on the back button if you put the phone face up, would the back of the phone hit the skin or the "railing" on the side of the power button?

Last edited:

mikedeconboy

Jun 23, 2011

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384787394856.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384787394856.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 910
Reactions: xeigen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) Skinomi Tech Skin
    2) ArmorSuit

1) Skinomi Tech Skin
    2) ArmorSuit

You mean the skin would cover the railing so the back of the phone touch the skin? :confused:

This is what I mean. This is the zagg back protector