Viber problem. Disconnected. Messages and calls are unavailable

Search This thread

okizen

Sep 30, 2010
I'm having a problem with viber which started a few days ago. Whenever i try to message someone it says 'Disconnected. Messages and calls are unavailable'. Meanwhile my wifi is working perfectly well with other apps. Is this problem known to viber?

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hi there, pls provide me with the following details:

1. where are you from?
2. When did the issue first begin? After upgrading Viber? After upgrading the operating system?
3. Have you made any changes to your phone’s operating system settings?
4. Were any other applications installed shortly after the issue began?

Awaiting your reply. Thanks for your help!

okizen

Sep 30, 2010

1. where are you from?
2. When did the issue first begin? After upgrading Viber? After upgrading the operating system?

Hi,

1. I'm from the Sultanate of Oman and on the Nawras network.
2. The problem started only a few days ago but I've been using it on my Galaxy S4 LTE KitKat 4.4.2 for several weeks without any problems
3. My phone has been rooted for several months now.
4. I had recently installed Samsung Chaton.

Thanx.

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hi,

It seems that there is some kind of block on Viber in your region. We are currently investigating the situation in Oman and will post any new updates on our support page: http://support.viber.com/

Hi,

2. The problem started only a few days ago but I've been using it on my Galaxy S4 LTE KitKat 4.4.2 for several weeks without any problems

Thanx.

dustylambo

Oct 19, 2010
Me too...!

I am from Sweden and I have used Viber for a long time, all over the world (not that I think that matters now, but it always worked on my phone).
But since today (April 1st 2014) I get the same ominous message stating "Disconnected. Messages and calls are unavailable"
Yet I can still update my contacts, update my profile and download new stickers... But I cannot talk to my friends, which at the moment is extremely important -and we would all hate to have to resort to Skype (or any other app for that matter).
I went in on Play Store and I saw there was an update, but no change for the connectivity after installing it.
I sometimes use my 3G connection, but mostly I use my home WiFi -which is what I am on right now, so there's no problems with connection at all (seeing as how ALL my other apps still work and connect).
Also, when trying to email a backup I am not allowed to choose ANY app that could successfully perform this task -no browsers at all, just other messaging apps like whatsapp, secure chat, bbm etc.
Not that I know why there's even a choice for backing up msg history if I can't restore it...? "Here you are, sir... This is the backup of everything you hold dear in this place -BUT YOU MAY NEVER BE ABLE TO VIEW OR ENJOY IT AGAIN!!! (except for -maybe- when you login to your email)"
So... What's the deal, will I (and all my friends) have to select another app, or is this a passing thing?

EDIT:
My friend in Switzerland confirms the same msg there... So I guess it's temporary

Last edited:

Onepiecedragon

Apr 1, 2014

1. where are you from?

1. California
2. The issue began this morning, at 9:30
3. No changes on OS. I was just using it the night before i went to bed
4. No other applications installed. First time it happened and its been half day already

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hi!

We appreciate your loyalty! We're lucky to have such amazing users!

Viber should be back up and running!

As far as your backup goes, if you have an email app installed on your phone, Viber should default to that email app in order to complete the backup option. If you continue experiencing this issue, please let us know. Additionally, we are researching a future feature that will let you restore your message history.

I am from Sweden and I have used Viber for a long time, all over the world (not that I think that matters now, but it always worked on my phone).
But since today (April 1st 2014) I get the same ominous message stating "Disconnected. Messages and calls are unavailable"
Yet I can still update my contacts, update my profile and download new stickers... But I cannot talk to my friends, which at the moment is extremely important -and we would all hate to have to resort to Skype (or any other app for that matter).
I went in on Play Store and I saw there was an update, but no change for the connectivity after installing it.
I sometimes use my 3G connection, but mostly I use my home WiFi -which is what I am on right now, so there's no problems with connection at all (seeing as how ALL my other apps still work and connect).
Also, when trying to email a backup I am not allowed to choose ANY app that could successfully perform this task -no browsers at all, just other messaging apps like whatsapp, secure chat, bbm etc.
Not that I know why there's even a choice for backing up msg history if I can't restore it...? "Here you are, sir... This is the backup of everything you hold dear in this place -BUT YOU MAY NEVER BE ABLE TO VIEW OR ENJOY IT AGAIN!!! (except for -maybe- when you login to your email)"
So... What's the deal, will I (and all my friends) have to select another app, or is this a passing thing?

EDIT:
My friend in Switzerland confirms the same msg there... So I guess it's temporary

Reactions: dustylambo

dustylambo

Oct 19, 2010
awesome!

Hi!

As far as your backup goes, if you have an email app installed on your phone, Viber should default to that email app in order to complete the backup option. If you continue experiencing this issue, please let us know. Additionally, we are researching a future feature that will let you restore your message history.

I guess we are equally lucky to have such dedicated people working on such a great app...
Sorry to have come off as such a douche, but when stuff won't work the way it was meant to I sometimes loose my s*** :silly:

Anyway, looks like it's working now, no problem.

Thank you so much for your quick response!

Mkoljozova

May 15, 2014
Viber problem on ipad

Hi,

Thanx.

Hi, I am from Macedonia and since yeasterday I am not able to use viber on my ipad. I keep receiving the same message: disconnected.messages and calls are unavailable.Could you please help?
Thanks

zohrah

May 15, 2014
Viber Disconnected even with strong wifi

1. where are you from?

1. Singapore
2. Its been working since i bought the phone last year. I didnt change anything n suddenly it stopped working.
3. No
4. No

genius.lizard2

Jan 27, 2010
021->teh
1. Iran (we need it desperately in this country)
2. about 10-14 hours ago it was working.No.No
3. No
4. No
Thanks for your (best) app
---
Update:
Thanks

Last edited:

emilyhebditch

Jun 12, 2014
viber problem

1. where are you from?

1. Croatia
2. Was working perfectly this morning then suddenly disconnected on both of my devices. No upgrades.
3. No
4. No

thanks

spring_lady

Jun 16, 2014

1. Serbia
2. I have used Viber for a long time, all over the world
But since today (June 16th 2014) I get the same ominous message stating "Disconnected. Messages and calls are unavailable
4. No

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2014
please provide me with the following details
1. Moldova
2. Was working perfectly this evening and suddenly disconnected. No upgrades.
3. No
4. No

thank you
with best regards

Vesna_Sunrider

Jun 16, 2014
1. Singapore
2. Its been working since i bought the phone last year. I didnt change anything n suddenly it stopped working.
3. No
4. No

Serbia, happening for the past few days on my ICS Android, as well. I am also the only person I know who is unable to change the conversation background, ever since the first time I've used Viber! :crying: I have been using it for a few months, and did an update or two, but it worked fine after both of them, except for the background issue. And now this with the disconnect...

leonass

Jun 16, 2014

1. where are you from?

I am from Agleria
and i am having the same problem
it started today, i didn't do any changes lately
i tried to uninstal Viber then reinstal it
but still having the same problem help!

Last edited:

telelove

Aug 7, 2014
Dear Viber team,

How is the issue now? I'm having the same problem and expecting a support from you. I'm using Z10-003

frozenheart31

Aug 30, 2014
viber disconnected messages and calls unavailable using lg gflex

hi,

please advise. ive been using viber ever since and a few days back until now i cannot connect anymore using wifi. but when connected data mobile work fine. im here in dubai uae, etisalat as isp in wifi then du if im in mobile. is this a problem with etisalat? note that we are using viber before and it was a few days back when it stops working with etisalat.

hope you can help me. thanks

b.r,
mary

copyl3ft

Mar 10, 2012
1. Philippines
2. Started to be "Disconnected" 2 weeks ago when Im using viber thru wifi but then I use data, no problem. I thought its just a temporary technical difficulty but up to now its still "Disconnected"
3. No
4. No.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

EDIT:
    hi im from the Philippines. i have a problem with viber since i last install it on my samsung J7. it always says disconnected messages and calls unavailable... i have a good PLDT wifi at home. pls help.