[ROM][OFFICIAL][T713][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][T713][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-08-16
Last Updated 2019-03-02

Dnorris55

Dec 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Anyone installed this yet?

Yes, I got it installed after a bit of fumbling around.
The key seems to be the gapps. I first tried the open_gapps-arm64-9.0-stock-20180815-UNOFFICIAL.zip found on XDA, but it caused several problems with Pixel setup, etc.
Finally found BiTGApps-arm64-9.x.x-0.1-unsigned.zip, which is very minimal. It worked great.
HW button lights not working, but otherwise all seems fine.
:good::good::good:

Reactions: ins0mniac
D

Deleted member 6966326

just installed it, looks good, thx

Last edited by a moderator:

spacepille

Jan 11, 2011
It is not working for me. No matter which gapps I install, every time google play and bluetooth apps are crashing and randomly also the whole pixel setup. Unfortunately for me unusable.

spacepille

Jan 11, 2011
Try a clean flash of ROM and Gapps?
I tried dirty flash of Gapps over Gapps and it didn't work.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Yes, I formatted data and system partition before each installation and did factory reset. I tried with all possible pie gapps I could found. Also without installing gapps. Every time the same result. Very strange.

universeman

Apr 20, 2011
Chicago
Yes, I formatted data and system partition before each installation and did factory reset. I tried with all possible pie gapps I could found. Also without installing gapps. Every time the same result. Very strange.

Same issue. Are you flashing lineage-16.0-20180815-UNOFFICIAL-gts28vewifi.zip or lineage-16.0-20180817-UNOFFICIAL-gts28vewifi.zip?

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Same issue. Are you flashing lineage-16.0-20180815-UNOFFICIAL-gts28vewifi.zip or lineage-16.0-20180817-UNOFFICIAL-gts28vewifi.zip?

I think I figured it out. The errors only occur when my MicroSD card is inserted. It was prompting me on how to use the card, but I had not formatted the card.

grakor

Jul 15, 2011
Is Google assistant working for anyone? Half the time says unable connect, the other half the mic doesn't work.

Besides that, very promising and will be my daily rom :)

tjupille

Dec 15, 2010
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7
Kudos on getting this out so soon, and with minimal bugs. It's really smooth -- ready to be my daily driver.

Minor issues that have cropped up over 2 days of regular use:
- Google Assistant works but it *is* a bit flaky. I have to re-enable it as the default assist app after every reboot.
- None of my apps / widgets that access the SSID information work (they run, but display no information). I'm not sure if this is due to this ROM or to Android Pie in general.
[update: Problem solved. Settings > Security & privacy > Location > Advanced > Scanning > Enable Wi-Fi scanning did the trick! ]
- Battery life was about half of what I was getting with stock Nougat using the "medium" battery saver setting. I fixed that problem with the "Power Booster" app from the store (although any of the CPU tweaking apps should work as well).

I'm really hopeful that we'll get an Xposed version for Android Pie so I can get the rest of my favorite tweaks in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6966326

Lights

and in de the new builds the ligths are on ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][T713][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-08-16
    Last Updated 2019-03-02
    I have updated the kernel in today's build with a new WiFi driver and several hundred cve. It should not be necessary to disable WiFi anymore while sleeping.
    Ok, I also faced the challenge to update my bootloader in order to be able to update LineageOS to the latest versions and I am a Windows user and I did not want to do a clean install of first the Samsung ROM and then LineageOS, thereby losing my data. So I read a lot of posts here in the forum and used the following solution to update my Tab S2:
    - Download Odin from https://samsungodin.com/download/Odin3 v3.12.3.zip
    - Download the latest Samsung firmware from https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-tab-s2/firmware/SM-T713/
    - Extract the .md5 file contained in the downloaded zip. You can use 7Zip for this. It can handle tar files as well, which is needed for the later steps.
    - Rename the file, so that it gets the extension .tar instead of .md5
    - Extract the files sbl1.mbn, aboot.mbn, rpm.mbn, tz.mbn, hyp.mbn, sec.dat, keymaster.mbn, cmnlib.mbn, adspso.bin, modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin from the tar file and place them in any folder on your disk
    - Use 7Zip (or another program that can create tar files) to create a T713.tar file containing the files extracted in the last step
    - Turn off your Tab S2. Enter download mode by pressing Power+Volume Down+Home at the same time. Confirm that you want to update your system by pressing Volume Up.
    - Connect the Tab S2 to your PC with the USB cable. I'd suggest to not connect any other Android device at the same time now.
    - Run Odin as Administrator
    - Make sure the ID:COM field changes to blue, which indicates your device got detected
    - Click on the AP button and select the T713.tar file we created above
    - Click Start to flash the file. The Tab S2 should reboot at the end of the process.
    Afterwards you should be able to install the newer LineageOS versions (but no longer the older ones).

Of course I take no responsibility if you brick your phone or nuke the world using the steps above ;).
    Which date build has this fix built in? Official channel right? Thx millions

The latest current available update includes new kernel.

To verify, the new kernel is 3.10.108 in Settings->About.