Nicetrack for WM 6 ??

Search This thread

xdawiz

Mar 12, 2006
I wasnt able to work with Nicetrack and found that the link to their site is dead.

Is there any other software that works similarly to nicetrack on WM6.

Im on nfrazz62a ROM.with Radio ROM 02.47.11

mdajunkie

Jun 17, 2007
Nashville, TN
maybe you can fill us in on exactly what nicetrack does, because this is the first time ive seen or heard of it and maybe for others as well.

xdawiz

Mar 12, 2006
Hi mdajunkie,

Its a software which gives us the information about the signal strength in dBm.

mdajunkie

Jun 17, 2007
Nashville, TN
well I know you asked for something similar and the only thing that I could think of that has something similar or close to what you might need is batterystatus. That gives you a percentage on how strong your signal is, also does a few other very useful tricks. I wish I could leave you with a link or something to download and try but unfortunately im not at home, otherwise I post it for you. hate to say it but use the search for batterystatus or hopefully someone else has some better input than I could give.

xdawiz

Mar 12, 2006
Hi Binder

Thanks for the link.....

And thankyou mdajunkie for the info...

I will try this out and will post back.

tharryman

Oct 8, 2006
You can download nice track still

I downloaded nice track 8/14 here. I agree that nothing matched nicetrack for maintaining a database of signal strength, cell towers, and even locations when it is hooked up with GPS. However, I have met nothing but failure in trying to get it to work on WM6 - It needs to know the COM port for GSM, and none of the available ones work - either no signal, or it locks the application. Because I really need it in the current cell-strength purgatory I find myself, I might be going back to WM5 if I can't bumble my way through it.

The author released the source code (waaaay beyond my skills) at the same website.

PLEASE let me know if anyone gets it working on WM6. I am currently running Jaguar2 on a wizard.

THANKS.

Last edited:

anneliese

Feb 1, 2008
Please, could anyone send me a copy of the Nicetrack 1.6 sources (binaries would be fine too but I need the source) ?The website is down... :(

netcity

Sep 1, 2008
Anyone has any news? I need of a Nicetrack for HTC Touch Pro. Or exist the similar software ?

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon

YES! it is working on my Qtek S100 with wm2003se !!! very nice m8

BUT i can't get it to work with wm6.1 :( well, the 2008 versions that site actually *WORK* (you can see the cells already being detected) but it has a small resolution. Versions from 2006 have correct resolution, but don't work at all. I'll try contacting the developer, as i don't have any coding skills whatsoever :p

PS: i tried the batterystatus today plug-in from previous page, but it reveals to be a huge battery hog (at least for me). the constant refreshing of data probably is to blame.

Last edited:

thenext1

May 21, 2006

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon
well i tried emailing him, but the form on his site doesnt work.

also, for wm6.1 i now use rk-Location Switch, while nicetrack continues to work flawlessly in wm2003