[ROM][STOCK] -=StockPlus=- Root, Busybox, Deodexed [1.0.519r2][10/10/2013][DISCONT.]

Search This thread

IncognitoMan

Jul 2, 2013
-=OUYA StockPlus=-

Z29ctZW.jpg

-=Note=-
Due to the nature of Ouya being easily brickable do not hold me responsible for anything that may happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Info

Hello,

So this is the first time in rom development and figured I'd give the OUYA a go! So here is my first try at something. :D

Whats done?

• Based on 1.0.519 OTA
  • Kernel compiled from 1.0.519 source with linaro.
  • Deodexed
  • Zipaligned
  • Superuser/Busybox preinstalled
  • Cifsmanager preinstalled
  • CIFS support
  • Init.d support
  • XThemeEngine support for user themes
  • Updater patched

Whats still left to do?

• Change boot animation to match current theme *placeholder*
  • Fix a few remaining areas of the theme
  • Completely remove updater *fixed*
  • Work out a better way for CIFS support ( it has been quite random for me... ) *fixed*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Install

Follow the install instructions for CWM from here
Push the rom to /sdcard/ ( use adb push, copy it over via usb, etc.... DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER )
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik
Install the rom
Reboot!​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post-Install

1. Go to MAKE -> Software -> Superuser, it'll prompt you to install. Accept.
  2. Go to Xposed Installer ( same place as Superuser ) and click Install/Update, afterward go to Modules section and make sure to check "Play Store Mode For Ouya [1.0]" and "XThemeEngine [beta5]". Go back and reboot.
  3. After reboot you should be able to setup Play Store and everything else should be setup and good to go!

Changelog

|=========|
|-10.10.2013-|----- 1.0.519r2
|=========|
-Fixed OOBE updater

|=========|
|-09.26.2013-|----- 1.0.519
|=========|

-Rebase to 1.0.519
-Kernel updated to 519 and compiled with linaro 4.7
-Includes invisibleks sysrq patch to allow better access to fastboot incase something does go wrong.
-Completely fixed the updater issue which now resolves issues with factory resets and login issues. Yes you can now use the factory reset option in CWM and have no issues.
-Updated Xposed installer from 2.1.4 -> 2.2 final
-Separated the theme from the ROM... It'll be a seperate download from now on.

|=========|
|-08.15.2013-|----- 1.0.439
|=========|

-Just a quick rebase from 409 -> 439.

|=========|
|-08.11.2013-|----- 1.0.409
|=========|

-Added a patch to allow this fix. Which so far does seem to help out with streaming content ( I will want others to test and give input if at all possible... Thanks Hal9k+1! ).
-Made the theme less reliant on modifications to apk's ( If you want to make a theme please look at the StockPlusTheme.apk as a reference guide and if you wish to build up from it. )
-Replaced bootanimation with temp placeholder for now ( you can also replace it with any bootanimation you want... just copy the one you want to replace it with to /system/media )
-Dummied boot video from launcher since it seemed a little bit redundant ( boot animation -> boot video -> actual menu..... yea just a little )

|=========|
|-07.31.2013-|----- 1.0.393 RC1
|=========|

-Added XThemeEngine support for user themes. ( check the link out to get an idea about how to make your own themes... also look at my theme to get a start. )
-Changed back to ADB USB for my minds sake.

|=========|
|-07.18.2013-|----- 1.0.365 RC1
|=========|

-Auto-Updater blocked!
-Init.d Support
-Out-of-Box Wireless ADB

|=========|
|-07.10.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC3
|=========|

-Added Play Store fix ( Thanks to Xposed creator and WonderEkin for making the module so we all can have playstore! )
-Modified the theme to be a bit more eye pleasing

|=========|
|-07.02.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2.2
|=========|

-script fail causing odex files to remain... fixed
-added temp solution to updater

|=========|
|-07.01.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2.1
|=========|

-quick patch to fix CIFS issues.

|=========|
|-07.01.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2
|=========|

-initial release!

Download

Download here:

OUYA-StockPlus-1.0.519r2

MD5 : 852ac5265916574b773f29dfe151d6d3

StockPlusTheme_v1.0.apk

Mirror:

OUYA-StockPlus-1.0.519r2

StockPlusTheme_v1.0.apk

Credits

Finally do not hold me responsible for damaging, bricking, your cat getting electrocuted and anything else.

If you enjoy this rom and feel mighty gifty then buy me my next drink!

Last edited:

IncognitoMan

Jul 2, 2013
-=FAQ=-

How do I mount my shares? ( or how to not get error messages or empty folders )

You'll need to set the option "unc=\\\\put.ip.address.here\\name,noperm" without quotation marks.

Google Play Services randomly FC's while not open.

OUYA doesn't like apps running in the background so it kills them to reduce issues with games you may be playing.

I keep getting "This module does not provide a user interface" error.

T0lR1kv.png

Using the touchpad on the OUYA, hover over the checkbox and tap it to "check" the module.

sqdrWQZ.png

hUMhavC.png

Last edited:

Kaos2K

Jun 3, 2013
Thank you very much!

How does it affect future official updates? If i install this ROM, the automatic updates will still work? If so, will i lose the CIFS support and all the custom features of this ROM?

Reactions: ren64

IncognitoMan

Jul 2, 2013
Thank you very much!

How does it affect future official updates? If i install this ROM, the automatic updates will still work? If so, will i lose the CIFS support and all the custom features of this ROM?

At the moment yes if an update comes out it will overwrite all changes and you will loose the features.... a quick workaround is the build.prop changes changing the update url to point to a non existent location.

Hopefully I'll have something up to fix the updater ( or rather completely remove the updater ) "soon"™.

Reactions: getreddy

Kaos2K

Jun 3, 2013
At the moment yes if an update comes out it will overwrite all changes and you will loose the features.... a quick workaround is the build.prop changes changing the update url to point to a non existent location.

Hopefully I'll have something up to fix the updater ( or rather completely remove the updater ) "soon"™.

Oh, thank you for your answers. I'll wait patiently for the fix then :)

IncognitoMan

Jul 2, 2013
So my script failed on dumping out the odex files after copying the deodexed ones back in... so that is now fixed.

Also put in the temp removal of the update url in build.prop for the time being.

MasterZen88

So my script failed on dumping out the odex files after copying the deodexed ones back in... so that is now fixed.

Also put in the temp removal of the update url in build.prop for the time being.

Welcome to the Club my fellow DEV. If you need any help feel free to contact me or any other dev within this forum. Trust me, most of us don't bite...

IncognitoMan

Jul 2, 2013
Update

|=========|
|=========|

-Added Play Store fix ( Thanks to Xposed creator and WonderEkin for making the module so we all can have playstore! )

I've also wondered whether or not to include the theme as default or make the original look default and the theme a separate flashable zip.

Anyway enjoy!

Reactions: t_mcpardi

shawnchalfant

Aug 6, 2008
Somewhere in Texas
Keep yours.

Update

I've also wondered whether or not to include the theme as default or make the original look default and the theme a separate flashable zip.

Anyway enjoy!

Keep your theme, default colors suck. Hey please keep your roms coming. Please disable the autoupdate and work on the colors for the boot splash. I hope more people jump on, looks quiet around here, considering Ouya is soldout mostly everywhere. This thing is a sleeping giant.

Last edited:

KyleK29

Oct 15, 2006
May have to give this another go. I'm on the CM rom, but it lacks some of the essentials.

Anyone know if there's an app or launcher to get the tablet-style interface for home? The bottom bar with the back/home/recent clock/notification buttons.

swindillon

Feb 4, 2012
www.mawkbook.com
May have to give this another go. I'm on the CM rom, but it lacks some of the essentials.

Anyone know if there's an app or launcher to get the tablet-style interface for home? The bottom bar with the back/home/recent clock/notification buttons.

Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher, I would assume almost any launcher will give you the tablet style experience. I am running Apex on mine, works fine.

rawtek

Oct 11, 2008
Miami

Try open launcher....kinda like the Google TV launcher ...more remote friendly.
Open launcher.com

Reactions: KyleK29

elmerohueso

Nov 29, 2010
Provo
Is it possible to have the xPosed framework pre-installed, along with the Play Store module?
Also, could you have su already updated in the ROM?

Just ideas to make it more convenient to end users.

KyleK29

Oct 15, 2006
Is it possible to have the xPosed framework pre-installed, along with the Play Store module?

While we're at it. Does anyone know if the USB Audio modules are in this kernel? If not, can we get them in this kernel? I have an Android compatible USB Audio device that I want to use on it. I tried it on the CM10 ROM, but wasn't having much luck.

Try open launcher....kinda like the Google TV launcher ...more remote friendly.
Open launcher.com

Wow, I like it. Thanks!

IncognitoMan

Jul 2, 2013

It is pre-installed.

All the end user has to do is follow the post install instructions and they are good to go.

While we're at it. Does anyone know if the USB Audio modules are in this kernel? If not, can we get them in this kernel? I have an Android compatible USB Audio device that I want to use on it. I tried it on the CM10 ROM, but wasn't having much luck.

Can you tell me what the device is? I'll look into it

Last edited:

hedsick

Mar 25, 2011
Love this, thank you for all the hard work. But I'm having an issue with the CIFS support. It's my understanding that CIFSManager can also do SMB. However, when I put all my settings in, I get invalid argument.

I have verified that I can connect to this share from both my laptop (Mac) and my desktop (Linux).

I have a SMB share called floppy. I'm going to put addresses, because why the hell not... it's all internal anyways.

Share Path: 10.0.1.30/ROM
Mount Point: /mnt/sdcard/floppy
Username: guest
Password: <blank>
Options: unc=\\\\10.0.1.30\\ROM,noperm

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help...

EDIT: Sideloaded an APK for ES Explorer, verified I can connect to the share there as well, just not through CIFSManager....

Last edited:

KyleK29

Oct 15, 2006
It is pre-installed.

All the end user has to do is follow the post install instructions and they are good to go.

Can you tell me what the device is? I'll look into it

http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UA...qid=1373586071&sr=8-1&keywords=Syba+USB+Audio

This one, from what I understand it's Android compliant, so it just needs the standard USB Audio modules. I know the Nexus 7 got it working with certain kernels that had the necessary modules loaded. Jellybean was supposed to make this easy, but it's been hit or miss on which ROMs have the files.

When I get home, I'll flash the OuyaPlus back and see if I can test it.

pervert

Nov 18, 2010
Thanks! cifs was what i sat down to do today, and bam. stock rom, with root, busybox and cifs :) now i can mount a many terabyte zfs volume!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -=OUYA StockPlus=-

Z29ctZW.jpg

-=Note=-
    Due to the nature of Ouya being easily brickable do not hold me responsible for anything that may happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Info

Hello,

So this is the first time in rom development and figured I'd give the OUYA a go! So here is my first try at something. :D

Whats done?

• Based on 1.0.519 OTA
    • Kernel compiled from 1.0.519 source with linaro.
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Superuser/Busybox preinstalled
    • Cifsmanager preinstalled
    • CIFS support
    • Init.d support
    • XThemeEngine support for user themes
    • Updater patched

Whats still left to do?

• Change boot animation to match current theme *placeholder*
    • Fix a few remaining areas of the theme
    • Completely remove updater *fixed*
    • Work out a better way for CIFS support ( it has been quite random for me... ) *fixed*

How to Install

Follow the install instructions for CWM from here
    Push the rom to /sdcard/ ( use adb push, copy it over via usb, etc.... DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER )
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik
    Install the rom
    Reboot!​

Post-Install

1. Go to MAKE -> Software -> Superuser, it'll prompt you to install. Accept.
    2. Go to Xposed Installer ( same place as Superuser ) and click Install/Update, afterward go to Modules section and make sure to check "Play Store Mode For Ouya [1.0]" and "XThemeEngine [beta5]". Go back and reboot.
    3. After reboot you should be able to setup Play Store and everything else should be setup and good to go!

Changelog

|=========|
    |-10.10.2013-|----- 1.0.519r2
    |=========|
    -Fixed OOBE updater

|=========|
    |-09.26.2013-|----- 1.0.519
    |=========|

-Rebase to 1.0.519
    -Kernel updated to 519 and compiled with linaro 4.7
    -Includes invisibleks sysrq patch to allow better access to fastboot incase something does go wrong.
    -Completely fixed the updater issue which now resolves issues with factory resets and login issues. Yes you can now use the factory reset option in CWM and have no issues.
    -Updated Xposed installer from 2.1.4 -> 2.2 final
    -Separated the theme from the ROM... It'll be a seperate download from now on.

|=========|
    |-08.15.2013-|----- 1.0.439
    |=========|

-Just a quick rebase from 409 -> 439.

|=========|
    |-08.11.2013-|----- 1.0.409
    |=========|

-Added a patch to allow this fix. Which so far does seem to help out with streaming content ( I will want others to test and give input if at all possible... Thanks Hal9k+1! ).
    -Made the theme less reliant on modifications to apk's ( If you want to make a theme please look at the StockPlusTheme.apk as a reference guide and if you wish to build up from it. )
    -Replaced bootanimation with temp placeholder for now ( you can also replace it with any bootanimation you want... just copy the one you want to replace it with to /system/media )
    -Dummied boot video from launcher since it seemed a little bit redundant ( boot animation -> boot video -> actual menu..... yea just a little )

|=========|
    |-07.31.2013-|----- 1.0.393 RC1
    |=========|

-Added XThemeEngine support for user themes. ( check the link out to get an idea about how to make your own themes... also look at my theme to get a start. )
    -Changed back to ADB USB for my minds sake.

|=========|
    |-07.18.2013-|----- 1.0.365 RC1
    |=========|

-Auto-Updater blocked!
    -Init.d Support
    -Out-of-Box Wireless ADB

|=========|
    |=========|

|=========|
    |-07.02.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2.2
    |=========|

-script fail causing odex files to remain... fixed
    -added temp solution to updater

|=========|
    |-07.01.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2.1
    |=========|

-quick patch to fix CIFS issues.

|=========|
    |-07.01.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2
    |=========|

-initial release!

Download

Download here:

OUYA-StockPlus-1.0.519r2

MD5 : 852ac5265916574b773f29dfe151d6d3

StockPlusTheme_v1.0.apk

Mirror:

OUYA-StockPlus-1.0.519r2

StockPlusTheme_v1.0.apk

Credits

Finally do not hold me responsible for damaging, bricking, your cat getting electrocuted and anything else.

If you enjoy this rom and feel mighty gifty then buy me my next drink!
    ...Now if only we could get a StockPlus update :fingers-crossed:

XLjMG2J.png

Still working out some kinks though... but it's pretty much done.

Also as the notes say... it's now a patcher rather than a full rom.

In regards to CM porting I'm still working on it... just decided to take a break and update this a little ( and to see what ouya has added since the last time I mucked around with their firmware )
    Fixed build up... sorry about that ( I apparently was being stupid this time around and forgot to add something )

OUYA-StockPlus-1.0.519
    MD5 : b2f126da5282616cbb9ee331805f3634

Mirror:
    OUYA-StockPlus-1.0.519
    New update will be out hopefully before the end of the week.... just been really busy.
    Just want to know if a update will come out soon as ouya had a update a few days go.... great work... good rom too

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium App

I've been quite busy so I haven't had much time to update this rom.... not only that but the current 459 build brings *nothing* new to the rom really...

I've been waiting on an update and I'm still on 1.0.409. Is there any reason to update 1.0.439 in the interim?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

IMO 409 is probably the better of the 2... 439 introduced the updates to the launcher which causes some slowdowns in the interface... but again this is just in my opinion.

I have two questions I couldn't find the answers to.

1. If I am already on another ROM and I want to switch to StockPlus should I just erase cache and dalvik cache and flash or should I delete the ROM first, then wipe the caches and flash the new ROM?

2. If an update comes out for the Ouya and I want the benefits of the update but don't want to permanently lose root, what is the process for this?
    Will apps/files disappear or become corrupt if I do the Ouya update. Is re-rooting as simple as running the Ouya auto-root apk?

Thanks in advanced.

The first one is prevented by the fact that 459 is out so flashing 459 OTA and then trying to flash 439 over it will cause issues... so sorry about that...

As for the second one... when you flash it youll lose pretty much every feature of this rom except what i have installing to data/app. what I will say is that if you DO use auto-root apk to regain root make sure the theme is disabled because it will probably cause issues ( OUYA likes making small changes to their overlay which can cause FC's to occur.

But no news of the dev so don't know if we'll have update a day...

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus en utilisant Tapatalk 4

Again like I said above I've been busy and 459 didnt bring anything new to the table.

I hadn't realized how long incognitoman has been MIA. I installed some of the mods for gameloft the other day and it is working well for now. I really hope he is still developing this Rom, I don't want to flash stock and start over.

I'm not sure why there is a warning about not doing a factory reset, so best not to do it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Rinse and repeat of what i said above...

The warning comes from the fact that updater being disable causes issues with account login which will loop at connection screen. ( since it can not connect to the update server it automatically assumes that you arnt connected )

atm factory reset will soft brick your device as it will start some update process and will hang on searching for updates. the only thing you can do then is get to recovery and flash stock, start once, login, etc and then install rom

Bingo!

The next update(?) should include the option to enable updating so that those who wish to to stop running it can reset and install OTAs. I feel locked in to this Rom for the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

You are not locked out of OTA's with this rom... just download latest OTA, copy it over, and install it through CWM ( being sure to wipe the usual caches )

Once back in before you root make sure to remove the leftover stuff in data/app ( namely my theme and xtheme engine because itll probably cause issues when turned on )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again I've been pretty busy with life in general so I haven't had time to work on much. Although what I have done is what I mentioned before which is:

-Fixed updater fully to connect to my own update server ( thank Invisiblek for hosting! ). This fixes the issues with factory reset.
    -Compiled kernel to new base and with linaro 4.7
    -Included Invisiblek's sysrq key combo to get into recovery much easier

Theres other things done but need more testing...

I've also been more focused on the idea of a "portable" installation. But I'll leave that for another time.

Again sorry for the lack of updates just that I've been pretty busy lately.