New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

open-collar

Aug 2, 2010
Exchange support has been improved. You can now connect to newer ActiveSync servers that require on-device encryption and remote reset.

ix9

Feb 5, 2010
Oh another one....

You can now stream mp3 over HTTP simply by clicking the hyperlink in the browser :)

at10ti0n

Jan 1, 2007
Send vCard via SMS is new and working (tested by sending to a HD2 phone). I haven't tested receiving vCard via sms. Can someone test this? :)

hongkongtom

Nov 25, 2008
dear lucky folks who've already got Official Froyo on broad, does the Desire now have Wireless N? or does Desire ever have Wireless N? I hope it does, cause its brother N1 has it.

Sintel

Feb 27, 2010
[MESSAGING] When deleting a message in a long thread, you now stay at the same spot instead of jumping back to the last received message. Major improvement imho.

Bouncer5

Jun 10, 2010
Glasgow
Another change in the lock patteren, When you have use visual pattern off it shows you nothing, it used to highlight in green where you had been but not the order, Or possible when you messed it up, Not 100 percent, someone confirm with 2.1?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

kekkle

Nov 8, 2009
Another change in the lock patteren, When you have use visual pattern off it shows you nothing, it used to highlight in green where you had been but not the order, Or possible when you messed it up, Not 100 percent, someone confirm with 2.1?

You turned it off yourself in the security settings. By default it's on.

flashflash

May 9, 2005
South East
Apologies if someone has already posted this but the look screen now requires you to move the bar fully to the bottom before unlocking. 2.1 for me unlocked with only a small downward movement and unlock sometimes in the pocket. I can't get the phone to unlock now in the pocket even with lots of shuffling!

Philosoma

Nov 10, 2008
England
Something has changed with the display/colours. Seems a lot less vivid now. I play Pocket Empires Online which has bright colours, seems a bit washed out now. Probably is better, but takes a little getting used to.

vitii

Aug 2, 2010
I just cannot understand something in connection with the new update. I've successfully installed it and everything is fine its noticeable faster than 2.1 and I also ran benchmarks and i got 3-4 times better results even betters than galaxy s users. Amazing. But I tried some of my games like NOVA and it is faster than on 2.1 but it still lags sometimes... How can it be possible that I get better result on benchmarks but the gaming is still a bit worse than on galaxy s devices? Thanks for your replies in advance.

jaymit

Apr 15, 2008
London
The screen lock feature was always there - its in settings to enable / disable visual and tactile feedback

Sent from my HTC Desire