[Tool][TLC]UpdatezipCreator

Search This thread

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
The Team Lambent Corrosion member presents:
UpdatezipCreator

I've found some time to build a new app that can create updates (as zip archive flashable via recovery).

Features:
-Simply to use interface
-Edify & Amend scripts
-Automatic signing
-Signing single ZIPs
-Drag&Drop

I hope that app will work without any bugs :)

Changelog:
-adding update-binary to edify scripts (possibility of choosing own update-binary)
-added default scripts for edify scripts
-settings not stored in my documents

-Adding folders
-Drag&Drop
-Signing single zip archive

-Fixed bug with the wrong name of edify scripts

-Not signed archive is kept in temporary directory
-Functions library (inserting functions)

-Problem with update_ont_signed path solved (I hope so)

-Log mode

-Signing bug fixed

-Handling linux newline character in scripts

10/05/2013 - updated links due to many requests (unfortunately, my dropbox accounts was generating to much traffic :D)

DOWNLOAD:
Rar archive - about 540 kb
Source code - about 1,3 MB - Visual Studio C#
Installer - about 850 kb

Attachments

• UpdatezipCreator.JPG
    UpdatezipCreator.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 10,645
  • UpdatezipCreator2.JPG
    UpdatezipCreator2.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 9,687
  • UpdatezipCreator3.JPG
    UpdatezipCreator3.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 8,939
  • UpdatezipCreator4.JPG
    UpdatezipCreator4.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 8,082
  • UpdatezipCreator5.JPG
    UpdatezipCreator5.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 7,792
Last edited:

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
Awesome

UpdatezipCreator

I've found some time to build a new app that can create updates (as zip archive flashable via recovery).

Features:
-Edify & Amend scripts
-Signing

Changelog:
-adding update-binary to edify scripts (possibility of choosing own update-binary)

-Adding folders
-Drag&Drop

DOWNLOAD:
Rar archive - about 390 kb
Source code - about 500 kb - Visual Studio C#

Dude, this rocks!! Is there any way you can post a update script for HTC thunderbolt? I will def be donating!

Reactions: tramp20

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
Dude, this rocks!! Is there any way you can post a update script for HTC thunderbolt? I will def be donating!

Thanks, but what do you mean by update-script for the HTC thunderbolt? Scripts built-in are universal (amend) or almost universal (you need only to change mounting point manually). If you don't know how, I can prepare the specify script for your device.

I'm going to use phoneDatabase from amend2edify to prepare the mount points for different devices.

I cant seem to get CWR to take any of my zips. I am getting in error "status 4" any ideas?

1. Are you have a full root kernel in the phone?
2. Are you tried to use the both update-scripts? (amend or edify)
3. If you were using edify, did you changed mounting point in script?

I think that CWM scripts should work on the CWR..

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
Thanks, but what do you mean by update-script for the HTC thunderbolt? Scripts built-in are universal (amend) or almost universal (you need only to change mounting point manually). If you don't know how, I can prepare the specify script for your device.

I'm going to use phoneDatabase from amend2edify to prepare the mount points for different devices.

1. Are you have a full root kernel in the phone?
2. Are you tried to use the both update-scripts? (amend or edify)
3. If you were using edify, did you changed mounting point in script?

I think that CWM scripts should work on the CWR..

Yes I am full root and s-off
Yes I tried using both
I am not sure how to do that

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
Yes I tried using both

You've tried edify, but didn't change the mounting point, so it couldn't work.. You need to change the line
mount("/dev/block/stl6", "system", "/system", "rw");
to:
mount("/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "system", "/system", "rw");

Here is a prepared update-script for your device. Load it in update-script tab page in the app before making update.zip. I hope it will work. Do not forget to check the edify script in options.

So, here are steps:
  1. Add files you want to
  2. Check the edify script and built-in update-binary in the options page
  3. Load prepared file or change "mount" line manually in a update-script page
  4. Create zip archive

You can also try to mount system via (instead of "mount(..."):
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "-t", "auto", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/system");
It also should work.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlbissoli

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
You've tried edify, but didn't change the mounting point, so it couldn't work.. You need to change the line

to:

Here is a prepared update-script for your device. Load it in update-script tab page in the app before making update.zip. I hope it will work. Do not forget to check the edify script in options.

So, here are steps:
  1. Add files you want to
  4. Create zip archive

It also should work.

I cant get it to work. I am getting an error status 25. I have tried all the combinations. I have tried the different update binary and updater scripts and i get the same outcome.

update.. It looks like for my phone i need an updater-script rather than update script. Here is a link to the successful zip. I had to open the finished zip(ur program) and delete the update-script and replace it with an updater-script. Is there any way you can adjust it so it will have the right scripts each time so i dont have to manually change anything? That would be awesome. I have been looking for something like this for years. so nice to have simple gui and not have to use update.zip creator and then use amend2edify to make a zip. here is a link http://www.mediafire.com/?29vyc5sojdm946b

Reactions: benzyniarz1

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
Thanks a lot.. it's all my fault. I've not noticed, that amend scripts require "update-script" name and edify scripts "updater-script"...

The new version has been released, please try it now :)

simply changelog:

Last edited:
Reactions: fergie716

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
Thanks a lot.. it's all my fault. I've not noticed, that amend scripts require "update-script" name and edify scripts "updater-script"...

simply changelog:

It is still not working. I think it may be something with the signing process or something. to get the zips to work i have to take the zipnotsigned in the folder use 7zip and delete the update-binary and delete updater script and replace it work the scripts that i used in the zip that i uploaded for you and then resign it. Once i do that it will flash just fine.

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
It is still not working. I think it may be something with the signing process or something. to get the zips to work i have to take the zipnotsigned in the folder use 7zip and delete the update-binary and delete updater script and replace it work the scripts that i used in the zip that i uploaded for you and then resign it. Once i do that it will flash just fine.

Ok, so.. please try this.. maybe the problem is with mount command.

Step like before:
  1. Add files you want to
  4. Create zip archive

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
It still isn't working. It does work if I use the updater-script and update-binary by means of going into the unsigned zip and dropping them in to replace the ones that are in there and then signing the zip. I has got to be something with the way the program is handling the scripts, because i could type the exact same thing in the edit window and it still wont flash. Either that or it is update-binary. Do you want me to upload the scripts? Here is the updater-script that works when i drop it in the zip with 7z.

ui_print("Script generated by amend2edify v1.0.1.2.");
ui_print("Using mount points for Thunderbolt.");
ui_print("***********************************************");
ui_print("Performing Update...");
ui_print("Mounting mount points...");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p26", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p27", "/cache");
package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
ui_print("Unmounting mount points...");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/cache");
ui_print("Update Complete.");

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
That is an update-script, should i just rename it to updater-script?

No, you don't have to. App is automatically changing the name (update-script or updater-script) depending on chosen script type in options.

It still isn't working. It does work if I use the updater-script and update-binary by means of going into the unsigned zip and dropping them in to replace the ones that are in there and then signing the zip. I has got to be something with the way the program is handling the scripts, because i could type the exact same thing in the edit window and it still wont flash. Either that or it is update-binary. Do you want me to upload the scripts? Here is the updater-script that works when i drop it in the zip with 7z.

ui_print("Script generated by amend2edify v1.0.1.2.");
ui_print("Using mount points for Thunderbolt.");
ui_print("***********************************************");
ui_print("Performing Update...");
ui_print("Mounting mount points...");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p26", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p27", "/cache");
package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
ui_print("Unmounting mount points...");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/cache");
ui_print("Update Complete.");

It looks like the update-binary you are using is the same like used in my app, so it can't be the problem.
I have no idea why it's not working if you type these commands in the editor. The output file should be the same as if you put your updater-script with the same commands via 7zip!..

However.. I've got idea - try to type these commands, and choose in options own update-binary that works for you. If it still won't work, please send me output archive.

oo one more thing - how do you sing the archive to get it work? via my app?

Lozone

Apr 1, 2010
Columbus, OH
This is exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks.
Is there a way to make this work on a Mac?
If not, I can use my gf's laptop.

Thanks for your hard work.

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
No, you don't have to. App is automatically changing the name (update-script or updater-script) depending on chosen script type in options.

It looks like the update-binary you are using is the same like used in my app, so it can't be the problem.
I have no idea why it's not working if you type these commands in the editor. The output file should be the same as if you put your updater-script with the same commands via 7zip!..

However.. I've got idea - try to type these commands, and choose in options own update-binary that works for you. If it still won't work, please send me output archive.

oo one more thing - how do you sing the archive to get it work? via my app?[/QUOT

I used a couple of processes but i used your app for signing after making the script edits with 7zip

benzyniarz1

Mar 16, 2011
Warsaw
This is exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks.
Is there a way to make this work on a Mac?
If not, I can use my gf's laptop.

Thanks for your hard work.
Thanks!
I think it's possible..
Just look at http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page.
You need only to compile sources via Mono on a Mac.

I used a couple of processes but i used your app for signing after making the script edits with 7zip
Strange.. so update-binary is not a problem, signing is not a problem too... updater-scripts only stays, but I have no idea why it's not working when you paste a script in editor but when the replace an updater-script with the same script via 7zip it's working...

Maybe it's sth wrong with ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib library? Maybe it is worth trying to use Zip64?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UpdatezipCreator

Features:
    -Simply to use interface
    -Edify & Amend scripts
    -Automatic signing
    -Signing single ZIPs
    -Drag&Drop

Changelog:

-Adding folders
    -Drag&Drop

-Not signed archive is kept in temporary directory
    -Functions library (inserting functions)

-Problem with update_ont_signed path solved (I hope so)

-Log mode

-Signing bug fixed

-Handling linux newline character in scripts

10/05/2013 - updated links due to many requests (unfortunately, my dropbox accounts was generating to much traffic :D)

DOWNLOAD:
    Rar archive - about 540 kb
    Source code - about 1,3 MB - Visual Studio C#
    Installer - about 850 kb
    Awesome

UpdatezipCreator

Features:
    -Edify & Amend scripts
    -Signing

Changelog:

-Adding folders
    -Drag&Drop

DOWNLOAD:
    Rar archive - about 390 kb
    Source code - about 500 kb - Visual Studio C#

Yes I tried using both

mount("/dev/block/stl6", "system", "/system", "rw");
    to:
    mount("/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "system", "/system", "rw");

So, here are steps:
    1. Add files you want to
    4. Create zip archive

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "-t", "auto", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/system");
    It also should work.

to:

So, here are steps:
    1. Add files you want to
    4. Create zip archive

It also should work.

I cant get it to work. I am getting an error status 25. I have tried all the combinations. I have tried the different update binary and updater scripts and i get the same outcome.

update.. It looks like for my phone i need an updater-script rather than update script. Here is a link to the successful zip. I had to open the finished zip(ur program) and delete the update-script and replace it with an updater-script. Is there any way you can adjust it so it will have the right scripts each time so i dont have to manually change anything? That would be awesome. I have been looking for something like this for years. so nice to have simple gui and not have to use update.zip creator and then use amend2edify to make a zip. here is a link http://www.mediafire.com/?29vyc5sojdm946b

simply changelog: