Xperia Play Otterbox commuter Case review READ ME BEFORE BUYING IT

Search This thread

Masters2150

Apr 20, 2011
Tried that but then it overlaps with another set of clips.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

zektor

Mar 3, 2010
Well, something is certainly not right on your end. I have no overlapping here, and I am not lying when I say that nothing at all rubs. I have inspected it thoroughly, and it opens and closes just as it would had there not been a case on it. Perhaps something was adjusted from Otterbox "under the sheets" recently. All I know is that it went on and is flawless on this end. Very happy with it.

In the begining when I first got my PLAY I had two Otterbox cases for this phone, they are terrible. Otterbox was awesome on my previous phone but for XP its terrible, for the love of a Green Android with thumbs stay away from this case. Their customer service knows the case has flaws. I literally had 4 replacements at no cost from them, before telling them thanks but no thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Case: 1 star

Hello all,

Thought I'd give my input on this case before anyone else buys this thing.

The case as a whole and it's construction/quality is very good, hard durable plastic, good silicon underlay helps protect the back. Overall good quality.

People have mentioned that it's very hard to press the L/R and the volume buttons. I didn't have much of an issue, sure it's harder, but not impossible.

The dust covers on the USB and microphone jack are very good, fits in well, and easy to remove, and put back in.

If this was it, the Otterbox case would be great and get 5 stars.

So why then am I only giving this case 1 star? Simple, two fatal flaws that completely break this case.

1) To the left of the USB port are two clips keeping the top and bottom halves attached, these two clips OVERLAP. Why is this a bad thing? Because they push the screen apart, as well when you move the screen up and down, it will scratch against the gamepad. Over time this could cause some bad scratches or damage to the gamepad.

2) This is my biggest problem. The silicon inlay is too thick. What problem does this present? The clips on the side of the case rely on things fitting perfectly in order to latch onto the phone. Since the silicon is too thick, when the case is fitted, the clips are pushed out too far to properly grab on to edges of the phone. I noticed this when I was using the volume buttons, since I have to push down harder on the volume buttons than normal, because of the silicon, the extra force would push the case apart.

I have called Otterbox, and have twice had replacements sent to me, all had the same problems. I tried taking out the silicon and putting it on, the case fit PERFECTLY. But some of the buttons, power button, volume, L/R buttons are not as easily pressed anymore.

When I called Otterbox the last one, the rep made mention that it is an older phone and wasn't sure if they ever intended to fix the problem. He didn't say it, but you could tell what he was thinking.

These problems have existed since the case was made, theres no reason the problem should still exist. So they never intent to do anything, and anyone already with the case is forgotten about.

This is the second Otterbox case I have had problems with, my other was my Xperia X10 Impact case. I won't be buying any more Otterbox cases.

Just thought I'd share this in case anyone was even considering the Otterbox case for their Play.

When I get some money, I'll be trying out a Trident case.
    This is the best Xperia Play case you can buy. I've got one and it's awesome !

It puts aside any of your trident cases.

http://www.fommy.co.uk/view-full-page.php?skuno=91144

neh, looks like those cheap $2 worth sold in fake accessories shops here in the philippines.. wearing them only degrades the phone.. trident is still the best, both in protection & aesthetics.. :p