[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
shw-m130k don't have movinand,only 512MB oneNAND,placed in POP CPU.
s8500 have 2GB moviNAND and 512MB oneNAND,
but current i'm don't use moviNAND as data partition.

in init.rc i9000 like:
mount rfs /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data nosuid nodev check=no

in init.rc m130k and Me:
mount rfs /dev/block/stl10 /data nosuid nodev check=no

Later, i will use it.

Upd.
Android and Bada start only from oneNAND.
Bootloader also placed in oneNAND.

Now you clarified me it alot!
moviNAND is treaten as first SD card by bootloader, and it is mounted during download mode boot (it is possible to patch it through download mode) and by bada kernel otherwise.
So mounting external SD Card memory must be handled by kinda different set of functions.
Gonna follow this topic in FOTA thread.
And btw I've posted some dir listings in these.

Reactions: cinimini

oleg_k

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2005
Moscow
Now you clarified me it alot!
moviNAND is treaten as first SD card by bootloader, and it is mounted during download mode boot (it is possible to patch it through download mode) and by bada kernel otherwise.
So mounting external SD Card memory must be handled by kinda different set of functions.
Gonna follow this topic in FOTA thread.
And btw I've posted some dir listings in these.
yes, moviNand is simply an internal sd-card ;)

Reactions: z|-|ero

buggy11

Apr 24, 2011
ht tp://dls.scione- music.de/handbuch/Service_Manual_GT-S8500.pdf

anyone seen this manual? Dont know what you guys need, but I would like to help find info if needed. Just let me know

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
I managed to load I9000 bootloader from moviNAND user partition into RAM under 0x40200000, overwriting some of originally loaded by Wave BL stuff. But... what am I supposed to do now? Kinda afraid of jumping into that addr... ;D
moviNand user partition is ~400mb big, so it's theoretically enough for Android booting
I'm curious about loading the kernel now, going to continue trying with SD card mounting while waiting for that, when may we expect alpha ver, oleg?

Last edited:

srg.mstr

Jan 5, 2010
Minsk
But... what am I supposed to do now? Kinda afraid of jumping into that addr... ;D
Don't be afraid of "jumping into...", bro! I will deliver your broken WAVE II to oleg_k (between Poland and Russia), he have RIFF_BOX ;D
Seriously speaking, you can try to load original SHW-M130K kernel from OSRC. If LCD is initialized right - you can see some boot messages from kernel.

Last edited:

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
@oleg maybe you should just release what you have at the moment as a pre-alpha build so the guys who are working on the sd boot can test it. There is no reason for you not to really is there?

neophyte2008

Nov 18, 2010
looks like we will get a full 100% working release from oleg . . .hmm only gsm n gps not working . . cool . . .hope he releases a beta with the current code though :p
the good thing abt wave is the similarity of its hardware with other android phones . . I personally think a 100% working port is achievable in the near future

Last edited:

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Don't be afraid of "jumping into...", bro! I will deliver your broken WAVE II to oleg_k (between Poland and Russia), he have RIFF_BOX ;D
Seriously speaking, you can try to load original SHW-M130K kernel from OSRC. If LCD is initialized right - you can see some boot messages from kernel.
Thanks, gonna download it, but I'm afraid I won't know how to compile it. ^^

As I stated in FOTA thread, i'm hanging up SD Card mounting tries from bootloader level for now. It's too much work.

Ah yes, probably I will see nothing because Wave II has got SC LCD, not AMOLED. I'm guessing it makes some difference.

//edit:
Can any1 explain what does boot.bin, Sbl.bin and param.lfs in I9000 BL files? I want to experiment with that + M130K kernel if I manage to compile it (or oleg kernel if he release it) but dunno what to load and where. Only one I guessed is Sbl.bin into 0x40200000

Last edited:

srg.mstr

Jan 5, 2010
Minsk
Thanks, gonna download it, but I'm afraid I won't know how to compile it. ^^
As I stated in FOTA thread, i'm hanging up SD Card mounting tries from bootloader level for now. It's too much work.
Pls, share your fixed FOTA source (i have S8500) and I9000 bootloader. I can try run your files with original kernel.
If you want compile kernel, you need to rerad README.txt from source:
HOW TO BUILD KERNEL 2.6.32 FOR SHW-M130K

1. Visit http://www.codesourcery.com/, download and install Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-67 toolchain for ARM EABI.
2. Extract kernel source and move into the top directory.
3. Open 'Makefile' in the top directory and modify the value of following CROSS_COMPILE to a proper one regarding the path where toolchain is installed.
CROSS_COMPILE ?= /opt/toolchains/arm-2009q3/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
4. Execute 'make shw-m130k_defconfig'.
5. Execute 'make' or 'make -j<n>' where '<n>' is the number of multiple jobs to be invoked simultaneously.
6. If the kernel is built successfully, you will find following files from the top directory:
arch/arm/boot/zImage
net/netfilter/xt_TCPMSS.ko
drivers/onedram_svn/modemctl/modemctl.ko
drivers/onedram_svn/onedram/onedram.ko
drivers/onedram_svn/svnet/svnet.ko
drivers/bluetooth/bthid/bthid.ko
drivers/net/wireless/bcm4329/dhd.ko

I have already do that and i have kernel.

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Thanks, oleg attached I9000 bootloader in first post of this thread.
I have just attached my all FOTA files in FOTA thread, all you have to do is fix addressing so it fits S8500 (will be hard if you haven't got ELF's to your bootloader) and modify code to load bootloader (I don't know exactly if do we have to load boot.bin and param.lfs), load kernel and jump into kernel or someway convince I9000 bootloader to load it by itself, cuz probably it isn't so simple procedure. Anyway I guess nothing happens, because it would be too easy. ;d

//edit: Do I need linux to compile Android kernel? :mad: And what the hell is EABI and uClinux?! Do they compile this toolchain even for Symbian but not for Windows?! :eek:

//edit2: Maybe I can do it with Cygwin... ;d
//edit3: Windows package is available to download under Linux link, eek... It appears I gotta go sleep.

Last edited:

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
Any developer worth his salt has an install of Linux or BSD somewhere in their home or work. If you dont have either and are relying on windows to do your development maybe you are not suitable for the task! :p go install linux ya bum!

oleg_k

Dec 19, 2005
Moscow
Now it is important to run any kernel to look how it is loading into ram.
the original kernel is don't boot,because of another amount of memory.
<2>kernel BUG at /home/oleg/new-i9000/android_kernel_samsung/mm/bootmem.c:341!

and it is important to use the following organization of memory:

mi->bank[0].start = 0x30000000;
mi->bank[0].size = 80 * SZ_1M;

mi->bank[1].start = 0x40000000;
mi->bank[1].size = 256 * SZ_1M;

and last,kernel starting from:
Starting kernel at 0x32000000...
don't forget!!!

Last edited:

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Thank you very much, gonna test it tommorow.
Got only some questions:
What parts of bootloader should I load and where? Only sbl under 0x40200000? Wont kernel overwrite it?
What do I have to do if I want to try it under S8530? Can you tell me what to change or can you recompile it for me? (I dont know if there are sources included, writing from my wave)
Should I load whole kernel image from offset 0x0 under given addr and juat jump into first byte? Maybe can you explain steps what and where are you loading and executing when using JTAG, it probably all can and must be done through FOTA.

Thanks in advance.

oleg_k

Dec 19, 2005
Moscow
Thank you very much, gonna test it tommorow.
Got only some questions:
What parts of bootloader should I load and where? Only sbl under 0x40200000? Wont kernel overwrite it?
What do I have to do if I want to try it under S8530? Can you tell me what to change or can you recompile it for me? (I dont know if there are sources included, writing from my wave)
Should I load whole kernel image from offset 0x0 under given addr and juat jump into first byte? Maybe can you explain steps what and where are you loading and executing when using JTAG, it probably all can and must be done through FOTA.

Thanks in advance.
Rebellos,
You don't need boot.bin (primary bootloader),
you need download only sbl.bin (secondary bootloader).
Ok,I'll rewrite the kernel to the next couple of days.

Thanks you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts