Greenify Auto Hibernation Not Working In Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Non Rooted With latest M

Search This thread
G

GuestK0016

Greenify can't auto hibernate apps in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 running the latest Miui version 9.2.1.0 (details attached in screenshot below).Even after granting all the permissions, Greenify fails to click the force stop button & no apps are hibernated.

This is a major bug and leaves Greenify completely non functional in non rooted phones.

This issue must be fixed ASAP!

Video which shows that Greenify doesn't hibernate apps (CHECK VIDEO FOR COMPLETE INFO) :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H3h1118X4WXwmeBDNLL0nHiVEkGyWsjH/view?usp=drivesdk

Screenshot of device details attached below.

Please check and revert.

Thanks

G

GuestK0016

Screenshot Of Device details attached below

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-30-14-00-15-210_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-30-14-00-15-210_com.android.settings.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,349

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Greenify can't auto hibernate apps in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 running the latest Miui version 9.2.1.0 (details attached in screenshot below).Even after granting all the permissions, Greenify fails to click the force stop button & no apps are hibernated.

This is a major bug and leaves Greenify completely non functional in non rooted phones.

This issue must be fixed ASAP!

Video which shows that Greenify doesn't hibernate apps (CHECK VIDEO FOR COMPLETE INFO) :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H3h1118X4WXwmeBDNLL0nHiVEkGyWsjH/view?usp=drivesdk

Screenshot of device details attached below.

Please check and revert.

Thanks
Not sure of your expectations or what you are trying to show with the video. Greenify does not remove apps from storage nor immediately reduce their memory footprint (although they may happen over time due to normal LMK behavior). It's singular purpose is to block unwanted background behavior without crushing functionality.

While you may have indeed identified a new 'bug' a single data point (your device) does not necessarily extend to all devices and configs - rooted or otherwise.

G

GuestK0016

Not sure of your expectations or what you are trying to show with the video. Greenify does not remove apps from storage nor immediately reduce their memory footprint (although they may happen over time due to normal LMK behavior). It's singular purpose is to block unwanted background behavior without crushing functionality.

While you may have indeed identified a new 'bug' a single data point (your device) does not necessarily extend to all devices and configs - rooted or otherwise.

Yes brother.I know that Greenify doesn't remove apps from storage but what I'm trying to show here is that when you click on Hibernate Now, Greenify force closes the apps but in this case it fails to do the same.I am not the sole user facing this issue.

This problem has popped up after the latest miui update.

Thanks again
Kaushik

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Yes brother.I know that Greenify doesn't remove apps from storage but what I'm trying to show here is that when you click on Hibernate Now, Greenify force closes the apps but in this case it fails to do the same.I am not the sole user facing this issue.

This problem has popped up after the latest miui update.

Thanks again
Kaushik
Appreciate the clarification (might want to shorten and/or annotate the video). So you claim the "problem" is related to the latest miui update but then extend the claim to all unrooted phones and demand Greenify "revert" ... to what?

I do see others raising issues with accessibility based functionality and there may indeed be a link. So far none have stated Greenify flat out does not work, only that automatic hibernation doesn't take place the screen is turned off.

Let's see how this plays out as more reports filter in.

G

GuestK0016

Appreciate the clarification (might want to shorten and/or annotate the video). So you claim the "problem" is related to the latest miui update but then extend the claim to all unrooted phones and demand Greenify "revert" ... to what?

I do see others raising issues with accessibility based functionality and there may indeed be a link. So far none have stated Greenify flat out does not work, only that automatic hibernation doesn't take place the screen is turned off.

Let's see how this plays out as more reports filter in.

Yes!You are correct.In a nutshell with the latest Miui Update (9.2) , Greenify doesn't hibernate the apps after screen lock even after being granted all the required permissions.

This happens in non-rooted devices

Hope that we will find a fix soon

Thanks a lot!
Kaushik

jai220

Apr 14, 2016
Turn Off MIUI Optimisation

I had same problem on my Mi Max 2 after MIUI update. To solve it just disable MIUI optimization under developer settings and reboot, Greenify will work again as it used to work before MIUI update.

Reactions: bgohil7

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes!You are correct.In a nutshell with the latest Miui Update (9.2) , Greenify doesn't hibernate the apps after screen lock even after being granted all the required permissions.

This happens in non-rooted devices

Hope that we will find a fix soon

Thanks a lot!
Kaushik
Check v3.9.5 on Play Store. It seems to have the solution for your issue.

G

GuestK0016

I had same problem on my Mi Max 2 after MIUI update. To solve it just disable MIUI optimization under developer settings and reboot, Greenify will work again as it used to work before MIUI update.

Are you able to grant special ADB Permissions via Pc brother in non rooted Mi device?

In my case,with usb debugging enabled and all permissions granted,I get an error saying "Neither user 2000 nor......."

Kindly help

Thanks

naszrudd

Dec 1, 2012
V 3.9.5 does not work on redmi note 3 (miui9)
I noticed this the hibernate now does not works because Xiaomi change force stop button layout.

k_o_t_s

Nov 27, 2007
Are you able to grant special ADB Permissions via Pc brother in non rooted Mi device?

In my case,with usb debugging enabled and all permissions granted,I get an error saying "Neither user 2000 nor......."

Kindly help

Thanks

Me and others in MIUI forums had the same problem with only USB debugging turned on, this is what solved it:

Turn on the following option:

USB debugging -Debug mode when USB is connected

Install via USB -Allow installing apps via USB

USB debugging (Security Settings)- Allow granting permissions and simulating input via USB debugging

Kbmos

Jun 18, 2018
It's very simple
1 . Turn off miui optimisation under developer settings
2 . Turn on " FORCE ALLOW apps on external "under
developer settings.

bit.ly/2JXpR7s

Watch this ,
I think this will surely fix your problem.

Last edited:

akhu5

Dec 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I'm on xiaomi redmi note 5 pro (india) with miui 10.0.1
0. I'm having the same issue that greenify is not at all able to click the force stop option in the app page in the settings. This renders greenify completely useless in my device, since hibernation isn't working at all. I've been using greenify from last 5 years, and never faced an issue until now.

hyborian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on xiaomi redmi note 5 pro (india) with miui 10.0.1
0. I'm having the same issue that greenify is not at all able to click the force stop option in the app page in the settings. This renders greenify completely useless in my device, since hibernation isn't working at all. I've been using greenify from last 5 years, and never faced an issue until now.

I really don't understand why you are using Greenify to go to an app and click force stop ... Why not just go directly to the MIUI settings and force stop it there ?

Anyway, on all my 4 Xiaomis, with the latest and greatest MIUI 10 8.9.2 Developer ROM as at this date, Greenify works perfectly.

Apps under Hibernation are as expected when viewed from the MIUI Settings, they are already Force Closed (Force Close button greyed out), with the Uninstall button available (not greyed out).

Under MIUI Settings, apps under Shallow Hibernation are not Force Closed, and clicking on the button Force Close will force close it and the button becomes greyed out, and after that, the Uninstall button will be ungreyed and available. When you go back to Greenify, the previously shallow hibernated app that was force closed is now under the section of the normal hibernation, no longer under shallow hibernation.

All fine on my side, MM and Nougat Xiaomis, I don't know about Oreo. I think Greenify is still needed for Xiaomi with Oreo, since Xiaomi seems to walk a different path than the others.

akhu5

Dec 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I really don't understand why you are using Greenify to go to an app and click force stop ... Why not just go directly to the MIUI settings and force stop it there ?

Anyway, on all my 4 Xiaomis, with the latest and greatest MIUI 10 8.9.2 Developer ROM as at this date, Greenify works perfectly.

Apps under Hibernation are as expected when viewed from the MIUI Settings, they are already Force Closed (Force Close button greyed out), with the Uninstall button available (not greyed out).

Under MIUI Settings, apps under Shallow Hibernation are not Force Closed, and clicking on the button Force Close will force close it and the button becomes greyed out, and after that, the Uninstall button will be ungreyed and available. When you go back to Greenify, the previously shallow hibernated app that was force closed is now under the section of the normal hibernation, no longer under shallow hibernation.

All fine on my side, MM and Nougat Xiaomis, I don't know about Oreo. I think Greenify is still needed for Xiaomi with Oreo, since Xiaomi seems to walk a different path than the others.

I have over 200 apps in my phone. So there are a lot of apps that need to be 'greenified'. And I've noticed that if you go into developer settings and disable 'miui optimisations', then greenify works perfectly. But for the rest, even if the app is open in the background and you select the option to hibernate it, the force close button is greyed out and nothing happens

hyborian

Oct 25, 2017
I have over 200 apps in my phone. So there are a lot of apps that need to be 'greenified'. And I've noticed that if you go into developer settings and disable 'miui optimisations', then greenify works perfectly. But for the rest, even if the app is open in the background and you select the option to hibernate it, the force close button is greyed out and nothing happens

Oh, yes, I forgot, of course I have MIUI OPtimizations disabled, always, less problems for me. All rooted too, with Greenify4Magisk, and some module to allow Play Services to be dozed.

Well, if an app cannot be force closed in the MIUI settings, then it is something else preventing it from being closed, and Greenify cannot override it. Gboard (Google Keyboard if used) I think is an example, if I remember. Only a few, and system apps which I would not touch anyway. I don't greenify important user message apps like Messenger or Whatsapp, though, I also Whitelist them from deep doze, just playing safe.

Excluding system apps, I have only a few user apps, less than 40 for sure. All greenified except a few I don't want greenified. As for system apps,
I froze many of them that I will never use and safe to freeze of course, surely stronger than doze or hibernate.

Last edited:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Excluding system apps, I have only a few user apps, less than 40 for sure. All greenified except a few I don't want greenified. As for system apps, I froze many of them that I will never use and safe to freeze of course, surely stronger than doze or hibernate.
Ridiculous and counterproductive greenifying a huge app suite. Focus on those that demonstrate bad behaviors; ignore the rest.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not Hibernating Automatically Apps on Greenify phone is rooted SU, android 7.0.1 but why the apps are not auto hibernate only few that comes on that tabs Not Hibernating Automatically and how to fix all appps will automatically hibernate... please help...

Screenshot2018122820.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

https://u.cubeupload.com/2017/Screenshot2018122820.jpg

Not one or two but four identical posts in four different threads is really taking it too far.
    Turn Off MIUI Optimisation