Which Headphones Do Y'all Use?

Search This thread

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Hello Guys!

I don't like to type long topics :p So I'll get straight to the point...
As the topic title says, which headphones are y'all currently using with your beloved Nexus 5? :cowboy:

I'm currently using the Sennheiser Street II cx-180 (I know it's pretty old) with my beast! :D
Planning on upgrading my headphones, so any suggestions are welcome!

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Well...nobody is going to belive me...but i use the stock headphones that came with my nexus 5...some LG ones..

Yes i had headphones in the box.. ;)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Yeah! My nexus came with headphones as well! But they are really not up to the mark :p However I like the fact that they came with mic/call button as well! :D

Jaybird Bluebuds X

Pricey, sure. Still, wireless earbuds I've tried.
Those sure look deadly! :D

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I use 3 pairs:

At home I use a pair of black Audio Technica ATH-M50s. A set of the most accurate and crisp sounding headphones I've ever used. Probably the best sounding pair of headphones you can get in the under $200 category.
YE7anZy.jpg

When I'm out and about, I use a pair of white Audio Technica ATH-ES7s (discontinued :(). The sound is crisp, but has a bit more of a punchier bass. Still crisp, just a tiny bit more lively in sound.
Ok79v1P.jpg

At the gym I use JVC HA-FX3X earbuds. Clean sounding, but with a good bass kick. Slightly more saturated bass, but doesn't sacrifice mids and highs, and I like that extra kick in the ass at the gym.
l481T38.jpg

For the most part I go for headphones that provide a sound which is accurate, clean, and crisp. I'm not a fan of headphones like Beats, that just emphasize bass and murder the rest of the sound... Have dead mids and highs and only focus on rattling your eardrums with lows.

waris choy

Feb 17, 2014
I wouldn't use an over ear headphones with a phone.
You need an amp/dac to bring out the sound properly anyway. it makes no sense to use it with a phone. I would only ever use in-ear headphones with a phone.

I use Shure se215 SE with nexus 5 for mobile music. Ultrasone pro550 and a fiio E17 for workstation.
I would definitely recommend them both.

Last edited:

The_Hamster

Nov 25, 2010
Ulbølle
For serious listening I use a pair of Sony MDR-XB500.. Got them for a third of the normal price, and they are amazing if you like bass.. For listening on the move I have a pair of Aiaiai Pipe, the version without the mic.

Reactions: XDonato

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't understand why anyone would actually use over ear headphones with a phone.
You need an amp/dac to bring out the sound properly anyway. it makes no sense to use it with a phone. I would only ever use in-ear headphones with a phone.

I use Shure se215 SE with nexus 5 for mobile music. Ultrasone pro550 and a fiio E17 for workstation.

Because you can clearly still hear a sound difference despite not using an amp/dac. Just because you don't get full powered sound without the boosters (depends on the headphones as well, the ES7s are very power friendly), does not mean you still don't get improvements from a better set of headphones.

I use my ATH-M50s with my home stereo system and PC, but if I plug them (or my ATH-ES7s) into my phone, I can still hear a clear improvement in sound quality over IEMs. Just because you don't believe it makes sense, or would never do it yourself, doesn't mean you are correct.

Last edited:

waris choy

Feb 17, 2014
Because you can clearly still hear a sound difference despite not using an amp/dac. Just because you don't get full powered sound without the boosters, does not mean you still don't get improvements from a better set of headphones.

I use my ATH-M50s with my home stereo system and PC, but if I plug them (or my ATH-ES7s) into my phone, I can still hear a clear improvement in sound quality over IEMs. Just because you don't believe it makes sense, or would never do it yourself, doesn't mean you are correct.

I know. I understand where you are coming from. I just don't think that the bulk/ improvement trade off is worth it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    669 639829

Jaybird Bluebuds X

Pricey, sure. Still, best wireless earbuds I've tried.
    I use 3 pairs:

At home I use a pair of black Audio Technica ATH-M50s. A set of the most accurate and crisp sounding headphones I've ever used. Probably the best sounding pair of headphones you can get in the under $200 category.
    YE7anZy.jpg

When I'm out and about, I use a pair of white Audio Technica ATH-ES7s (discontinued :(). The sound is crisp, but has a bit more of a punchier bass. Still crisp, just a tiny bit more lively in sound.
    Ok79v1P.jpg

At the gym I use JVC HA-FX3X earbuds. Clean sounding, but with a good bass kick. Slightly more saturated bass, but doesn't sacrifice mids and highs, and I like that extra kick in the ass at the gym.
    l481T38.jpg

For the most part I go for headphones that provide a sound which is accurate, clean, and crisp. I'm not a fan of headphones like Beats, that just emphasize bass and murder the rest of the sound... Have dead mids and highs and only focus on rattling your eardrums with lows.
    I wouldn't use an over ear headphones with a phone.

Pictured when I customized my Nexus 4 and V-Moda M100s. But now sporting the N5 with CF, but no pics together on that yet lol.

DSC_0561.JPG