[ROM] [Weekly] [Unofficial] [4.4.2] CarbonRom KK Unofficial

Search This thread

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012
Update: m7vzw is now an officially supported device. I will be suspending all development. Have a good day.

Standard Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

Introduction
This is my first ROM that I have tried to port. It has been running smoothly for the past few days and thought I would share it. I will be keeping up with the nightlies as they are released. Carbon Rom is a highly customizable fork of the popular Android Open Source Project (AOSP).

About Carbon
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Images
Will be added shortly

Features

https://carbon-rom.com/features/

Changelog

https://carbon-rom.com/changes/

Downloads

Weekly Folder
Verizon HTC One Weekly Folder- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12797

GAPPS
PA GAPPS- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
Carbon GAPPS- http://www.androidfilehost.com/gapps

Credits
  • Thanks to the Carbon team for their great ROM
  • Thanks to daavvis and mmuzzy for their help through the process and all the hours spent helping me out!
  • Thanks to the Paranoid Android Team
  • Thanks to the Cyanogenmod Team

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonRom KK Unofficial, a ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
skiman10
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-02
Last Updated 2014-03-26

Last edited:

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for the feedback man! It means a lot. Hope you enjoy!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Everything I tried seemed to be working well. Some pretty cool features! I did have signal issues, though. On the first flash I had no signal. I flashed again and got a good signal, but when I came back to a Sense Rom my signal dropped out and wouldn't come back so I just had to flash the stock recovery and do a factory reset. Not a huge deal. Also, I'm pretty sure the signal issue can be attributed to something I did. I'll try it again later today. Thanks for the great work!

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012
Everything I tried seemed to be working well. Some pretty cool features! I did have signal issues, though. On the first flash I had no signal. I flashed again and got a good signal, but when I came back to a Sense Rom my signal dropped out and wouldn't come back so I just had to flash the stock recovery and do a factory reset. Not a huge deal. Also, I'm pretty sure the signal issue can be attributed to something I did. I'll try it again later today. Thanks for the great work!

I'll look into it. Which one did you flash? 2/28 or 3/01? Thanks for the feedback!

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
I'll look into it. Which one did you flash? 2/28 or 3/01? Thanks for the feedback!

It would have been 2/28. It was a clean install, but I think my original signal issue was because I flashed the Elite Lunar kernal directly after the Rom...I didn't do a full reboot or anything before. When I reflashed without the kernal, the signal was fine. Not sure what caused the signal drop when I came back to Sense, but I think that's been a minor issue with several AOSP roms. And again, it could just be all attributed to the way I originally flashed the Rom.

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012
It would have been 2/28. It was a clean install, but I think my original signal issue was because I flashed the Elite Lunar kernal directly after the Rom...I didn't do a full reboot or anything before. When I reflashed without the kernal, the signal was fine. Not sure what caused the signal drop when I came back to Sense, but I think that's been a minor issue with several AOSP roms. And again, it could just be all attributed to the way I originally flashed the Rom.

That would do it. Thanks for trying it out bud. Appreciate it!

Nov 21, 2012

You aren't actually seeing a signal drop at all. Sense roms fake the signal to make you think you have a better signal than you do. -90db of LTE on sense would give you 5 bars but with AOSP you would see 2. You have the exact same signal.

OP, how is the battery life? Can I expect to get at least 30ish hours of charge with 2 hours of screen on time?

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
You aren't actually seeing a signal drop at all. Sense roms fake the signal to make you think you have a better signal than you do. -90db of LTE on sense would give you 5 bars but with AOSP you would see 2. You have the exact same signal.

OP, how is the battery life? Can I expect to get at least 30ish hours of charge with 2 hours of screen on time?

Ya I know that. When I said I had no signal on my original flash I meant I had no signal. When I said my signal dropped out when I came back to the sense rom I meant it dropped out...no signal. The problem was how I flashed the rom, but had nothing to with Sense faking bars.

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012

I am not really a battery guru guy. I was getting about 15 hours with heavy use. I don't really know screen on time though. I don't pour over my battery stats sorry.

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012
"Unlike Mmuzzy's Carbon port I will be keeping up with the nightlies as they are released."

It wasn't really a port since Carbon existed on JB, they just didn't update it. My intention was only to share it since I had made it myself. When you said in my thread 'I beat you to it' I started working with you to help you get yours working. Finally, if you look at the changelogs for Carbon there are many nights where the nightly fixes have nothing to do with our device so compiling and flashing them is pointless. I guess I don't like the way this line looks like we're competing when I basically put the brakes on when I realized I had inadvertently stepped on your toes.

In any case, good luck.

Sorry if it sounded wrong, I didn't mean it that way. I will remove it since you pulled your thread down. Sorry if I insulted you in any way. Thanks for all the help man. Appreciate it.

Reactions: mmuzzy

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012
Can you guys check to see if you can use Google Wallet's tap and pay feature? I can't seem to get it to work on my phone... Might be a bad nightly.

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012
Hey guys!
Just a quick update, all the Carbon builds are failing right now, latest build was 3/02/2014. All Carbon builds are failing and the error is being worked on as we speak. Thanks for your patience!

TheAppleAndroidGuy

Mar 19, 2013
Can't seem to get my phone to activate in the beginning of the setup anyone, else have this?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: m7vzw is now an officially supported device. I will be suspending all development. Have a good day.

Standard Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

Introduction
    This is my first ROM that I have tried to port. It has been running smoothly for the past few days and thought I would share it. I will be keeping up with the nightlies as they are released. Carbon Rom is a highly customizable fork of the popular Android Open Source Project (AOSP).

About Carbon
    CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
    Images
    Will be added shortly

Features

https://carbon-rom.com/features/

Changelog

https://carbon-rom.com/changes/

Downloads

Weekly Folder
    Verizon HTC One Weekly Folder- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12797

GAPPS
    PA GAPPS- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
    Carbon GAPPS- http://www.androidfilehost.com/gapps

Credits
    • Thanks to the Carbon team for their great ROM
    • Thanks to daavvis and mmuzzy for their help through the process and all the hours spent helping me out!
    • Thanks to the Paranoid Android Team
    • Thanks to the Cyanogenmod Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonRom KK Unofficial, a ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
    skiman10
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-02
    Last Updated 2014-03-26
    "Unlike Mmuzzy's Carbon port I will be keeping up with the nightlies as they are released."

It wasn't really a port since Carbon existed on JB, they just didn't update it. My intention was only to share it since I had made it myself. When you said in my thread 'I beat you to it' I started working with you to help you get yours working. Finally, if you look at the changelogs for Carbon there are many nights where the nightly fixes have nothing to do with our device so compiling and flashing them is pointless. I guess I don't like the way this line looks like we're competing when I basically put the brakes on when I realized I had inadvertently stepped on your toes.

In any case, good luck.

Sorry if it sounded wrong, I didn't mean it that way. I will remove it since you pulled your thread down. Sorry if I insulted you in any way. Thanks for all the help man. Appreciate it.

Can't seem to get my phone to activate in the beginning of the setup anyone, else have this?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I haven't seen this problem. By pushing the top left corner then the top right then bottom right then bottom left you can bypass that setup screen.