Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I've got a list of blocked phone numbers but that is surely stored elsewhere. I haven't explicitly "blacklisted" anything else so I'm still curious what the mysterious list of numbers actually means.
The file exists whether or not you yourself have blacklisted anything. It is a default file even if nothing is added to it by the user.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

S10Ben

Jun 7, 2019
Did you install the version that was ported for Exynos or the version for Snapdragon?

Your device has an Exynos processor so the version ported for Snapdragon won't work on your device, if that is what you installed.

Read the thread linked below for installing the Exynos port, if you have any questions about the process or need help troubleshooting issues, ask your questions there, I'm pretty sure the members there can help.

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s10/themes/gcam-samsungs-10-exynos-t3918325

Um that's not good. How can you tell? I'm in the US and ordered online through sprint, did they send me a exynos version? It was my understanding that the US all got snapdragons. Oh, and yes the version was for the snapdragon variant. Here's the link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xd...ung-galaxy-s10-with-a-google-camera-port/amp/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Um that's not good. How can you tell? I'm in the US and ordered online through sprint, did they send me a exynos version? It was my understanding that the US all got snapdragons. And I guess maybe I downloaded a exynos version if I have the snapdragon.

I looked up the specs on your specific model number, the specs show that the SM-G975U is a Exynos device, that is why I said that you have a Exynos device and needed to use the version ported for Exynos.

Your specific model number, your android version, kernel version and your build number are ALWAYS the keys to figuring out what can and can't be done and how. In this case, your model number says to use the Exynos version.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Um that's not good. How can you tell? I'm in the US and ordered online through sprint, did they send me a exynos version? It was my understanding that the US all got snapdragons. Oh, and yes the version was for the snapdragon variant. Here's the link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xd...ung-galaxy-s10-with-a-google-camera-port/amp/

Well, you may be right, the Sprint version is showing a Snapdragon processor. Try installing the Aida64 app, it will tell you everything about your hardware.

Wnen you verify your version, just do a search for:

"Install gcam SM-G975U snapdragon XDA"

That should find the version that has been ported for your device here at XDA.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrocketdog

S10Ben

Jun 7, 2019
I looked up the specs on your specific model number, the specs show that the SM-G975U is a Exynos device, that is why I said that you have a Exynos device and needed to use the version ported for Exynos.

Your specific model number, your android version, kernel version and your build number are ALWAYS the keys to figuring out what can and can't be done and how. In this case, your model number says to use the Exynos version.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Well, you may be right, the Sprint version is showing a Snapdragon processor. Try installing the Aida64 app, it will tell you everything about your hardware.

Wnen you verify your version, just do a search for:

"Install gcam SM-G975U XDA"

That should find the version that has been ported for your device here at XDA.

Oh thank God, I know it's not the biggest difference but the snapdragon is better then the exynos, and aida64 tells me I have a snapdragon version so does that mean I'm all good and don't have the global exynos? But I'll look up a gcam for my model, thanks man.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Oh thank God, I know it's not the biggest difference but the snapdragon is better then the exynos, and aida64 tells me I have a snapdragon version so does that mean I'm all good and don't have the global exynos? But I'll look up a gcam for my model, thanks man.

The snapdragon version seems to be what you need, I edited the suggested search terms above, maybe it will help narrow it down for you.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
@Droidriven I wanna grow up to be as smart as you! Just been reading over the past few posts and am surprised at your willingness to help out. Thanks!
Nah, I've just picked up a few things by reading and helping along the way. Helping others is the the hammer that has forged my blade, the others that I've learned from are that by which my blade has been quenched and the others that I've helped are the stone by which my blade has been whet. It is the various things that I've encountered along the way that has broadened my scope because it always brings me into new things to learn about.

I'm not always right about things, I just make sure to avoid making suggestions that will harm a device if I'm not sure. That way, if I'm wrong then I'm just wrong and I've learned something from it, no harm, no foul.

Another thing is, I don't just try to help by providing answers and links. I try to help in a manner that teaches. A manner that teaches how to effectively search for what someone might be looking for. This not only helps answer their question or solve their issue in that instance, it also might teach them in a manner that they might not need help the next time they need to find an answer.

Last edited:

LASERBEEMS

May 28, 2019
How can I use audio mods like viper4android to apply audio effects to sounds coming from a game app? I've searched and read and researched for weeks but it's some kind of national secret I guess. People tell me they can use the equalizer from V4A to tune their in-game sounds but it has never worked for me. It works on youtube and podcasts and music players and just about any other audio source but when it comes to games somehow all attempts to alter the audio are ignored/bypassed. I've tried ainur sauron, ainur narsil, many versions of viper4android, jamesDSP, Dolby ports, and the audio compatibility patch. None have worked on game sounds, but they have worked on the in-game voice communication, so I can make my friends sound like they are in an echo chamber but that's not very useful. Is there anything I can change in the audio_effects/audio_policy/audio_lib_configs that would make this work? I'm on a Samsung S8 g950u rooted with jrkruse EDL method and a near stock, deodexed nougat ROM with Supersu and safestrap as I have a locked bootloader so no magisk modules for me. Thank you to anybody who would have some insight on this.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
How to unroot i9505 rooted by CF Auto Root script? Su Occupied.
If you have SuperSU installed, open SuperSU and look in its app settings, you'll find an option to cleanup for unroot and uninstall, this option will remove root and remove the SuperSU app.

Or, you can flash your stock firmware via Odin and you will no longer be rooted.

painx

Jun 19, 2014
If you have SuperSU installed, open SuperSU and look in its app settings, you'll find an option to cleanup for unroot and uninstall, this option will remove root and remove the SuperSU app.

Or, you can flash your stock firmware via Odin and you will no longer be rooted.

The problem is I don't have SuperSu installed and also when I install SuperSu there is this error called "Su Occupied". I want to make Magisk work again without wiping or installing fresh roms. I tried to flash some unroot zips but no help at all.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
The problem is I don't have SuperSu installed and also when I install SuperSu there is this error called "Su Occupied". I want to make Magisk work again without wiping or installing fresh roms. I tried to flash some unroot zips but no help at all.
If you rooted your device with Magisk, you need to use the methods designed to remove Magisk root.

Try booting to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reboot recovery then try flashing the Magisk uninstaller zip.

If that doesn't work you'll have to wipe and reflash your ROM or flash your stock firmware via Odin.

Last edited:
So I have done something on my Amazon Fire HD 10 that I for the life of me cannot produce on another Amazon Fire HD 10. I have been trying for a year or two, to get the original Miracast to work. Despite every effort so far, I always seem to be just on the brink, but can never seem to get there. I don't know when this appeared or through the course of what hacks I did, but I have gotten the tablet to broadcast as a Miracast device. I have never seen then in the countless devices I own, and certainly not on any of these tablets. So I am hoping someone can shed some light on how protocol appeared and why. Included screen shots. The device runs on mediatek mt8173.

Sent from my Amazon KFSUWI using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-06-19-56-37.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-06-19-56-37.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 76

mehdi_modeler

Jun 9, 2019
hi i was rooted my Huawei y3 2017 with magisk and i want to customize my system UI app but my phone user interface is very bad? and i have very problem..
my pc is are damaged and i want to do this work with my phone :crying: i not found video tutorial about that i found just a text tut
i did that but when i put the systemui.apk into /system/priv-app/systemui/ and replace it root explorer give me error fail
i can't edit nothing in root directories :(
Huawei locked all ways
I can't convert read only to read write in root explorer (top button r/w)
any body can help me?
excuse me i cant speak and write English as well :D

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
How can I use audio mods like viper4android to apply audio effects to sounds coming from a game app? I've searched and read and researched for weeks but it's some kind of national secret I guess. People tell me they can use the equalizer from V4A to tune their in-game sounds but it has never worked for me. It works on youtube and podcasts and music players and just about any other audio source but when it comes to games somehow all attempts to alter the audio are ignored/bypassed. I've tried ainur sauron, ainur narsil, many versions of viper4android, jamesDSP, Dolby ports, and the audio compatibility patch. None have worked on game sounds, but they have worked on the in-game voice communication, so I can make my friends sound like they are in an echo chamber but that's not very useful. Is there anything I can change in the audio_effects/audio_policy/audio_lib_configs that would make this work? I'm on a Samsung S8 g950u rooted with jrkruse EDL method and a near stock, deodexed nougat ROM with Supersu and safestrap as I have a locked bootloader so no magisk modules for me. Thank you to anybody who would have some insight on this.
Have you read this?

https://github.com/therealahrion/ViPER4Android-FX-Legacy/issues/12

Reactions: LASERBEEMS

LASERBEEMS

May 28, 2019

fil3s

Hi (again!:D)

This is driving me insane , there has to be an answer.

How on earth do you apply custom themes on the new oppo theme manager ? ? ? I think oppo has actually disabled the use of 3rd party themes! It is causing me anxiety. Please do not direct me to the oppo thread as I have already asked, and no one answered. :eek:

I contacted oppo and they say the .theme file has to be in 'Downloads' but it still won't work. My downloaded themes are not visible

C'mon guyys, there has to be a sollution :p

Update , factory reset didn't work :crying:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-10-13-51-41-66.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-06-10-13-51-41-66.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I contacted oppo and they say the .theme file has to be in 'Downloads' but it still won't work. My downloaded themes are not visible

C'mon guyys, there has to be a sollution :p

Update , factory reset didn't work :crying:

I´m not familiar with OPPO devices but as a general reference maybe you first have to be sure:
- That you enabled in the file explorer the option to read hidden files.
- That the theme has the same extension that the OPPO themes, by i.e in Miui is .mtz, in Huawei is .hwt.
- Some theme managers have the option to import a theme like on Miui (look up for this option) but in others you have to put the theme downloaded inside the proper directory just to mention on Samsung devices in jsonfiles folder.
I don´t think that simply putting it in Download folder they´ll appear in theme manager.

Reactions: fil3s

Top Liked Posts