[ODIN-RESTORE] [GS5-DEV Edition] Flashable Rescue package

Search This thread

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Can't flash in ODIN

I tried to flash this on a PC in ODIN and place file in PDA and nothing showed up. I have Samsung drivers correctly installed and Odin 3.07. Since trying this and failed i've changed the extension name to just tar maybe it will be recognized? I'll have to wait till tomorrow to borrow a PC again. I still cant boot my S5 due to me forgetting to uncheck reactivation lock before going into recovery last night to make a regular system backup. I have waiting for me one previous TWRP system backup from awhile ago.

ODIN
Message says "<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

Auto boot and ftime reset are checked. Blue COM box is lit and phone is connected. What am I doing wrong?

jpcalhoun

Feb 24, 2012
South Central PA
I tried to flash this on a PC in ODIN and place file in PDA and nothing showed up. I have Samsung drivers correctly installed and Odin 3.07. Since trying this and failed i've changed the extension name to just tar maybe it will be recognized? I'll have to wait till tomorrow to borrow a PC again. I still cant boot my S5 due to me forgetting to uncheck reactivation lock before going into recovery last night to make a regular system backup. I have waiting for me one previous TWRP system backup from awhile ago.

ODIN
Message says "<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

Auto boot and ftime reset are checked. Blue COM box is lit and phone is connected. What am I doing wrong?
I don't know if this helps, but I had to ODIN the recovery file twice. The first time ODIN gave me a green "PASS" but when I tried to boot into recovery it went into stock recovery. I received a "All threads completed (succeed 1/failed 0). I ODIN'd a second time, got the same PASS and report, but it worked the second time around. Not sure why, but it worked.

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
I don't know if this helps, but I had to ODIN the recovery file twice. The first time ODIN gave me a green "PASS" but when I tried to boot into recovery it went into stock recovery. I received a "All threads completed (succeed 1/failed 0). I ODIN'd a second time, got the same PASS and report, but it worked the second time around. Not sure why, but it worked.

Well in the first place files dont show up when i try to put them thru PDA it's just a blank box after I search to open them. It might be because I didn't unpack tar with 7zip?

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Yeah, that would be a problem.

Ok I unpacked the tar file on my Mac and transfer it to my external hard drive. Later on when i have access to a PC again i'll try to do the odin flash process again. Will it work this time now that I unpacked the tar.md5.7z file? Do i need to change the extention to just tar?

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Someone please HELP!!!!

ODIN will only recognize a .tar file I think.

ODIN freezes and keeps not responding. Now what do i do? I cant boot the phone!!! Also the odin file when i tried to flash on 3.07 said fail. I cant take a screen shot because its not my computer. Version 3.09 freezes right away..... I'm trying to flash the original file with 7z at end and TAR. My phone now says in red letters UDC start Unsupport dev_type. What the hell!!! I'll have to wait another day to work on it again when i can borrow a pc again.

currently it says...

<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

---------- Post added 8th June 2014 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th June 2014 at 11:40 PM ----------

I made a data dump backup of all important partitions needed to rescue your phone except for the bootloader.....these are phone specific due to a bootloader unlock key. You can locate all of these images using the link below.

I also created an ODIN flash-able rescue .tar in case you find yourself in a boot loop or other bricked state. This ODIN file contains a Stock rooted system image, stock boot image, and TWRP custom recovery. The name of this file is "GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar.md5.7z" and it can be found by clicking the link below.

##CREDIT##
TWRP For their awesome recovery

Files include:

Main OS
system.img
recovery.img
boot.img

Radios
Modem.bin

ODIN Rescue FIle
GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar.md5.7z

+Unpack ODIN File using 7zip
+Flash using ODIN 3.07 in PDA section
+This will recover your phone back to a bootable state
+After flashing this via ODIN jump into TWRP recovery and wipe cache
+Reboot and you should be back to normal
+If you continue to have issues or force closing jump into TWRP and factory reset

Download Here

If you found this rescue image useful and want to buy me a beer the link is below...
Thanks to those who have donated already. :)

Donate here

FAIL MESSAGE..... HELP PLEASE....

<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> 7z¼¯'
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Says unsupport dev type on phone

jpcalhoun

Feb 24, 2012
South Central PA
ODIN freezes and keeps not responding. Now what do i do? I cant boot the phone!!! Also the odin file when i tried to flash on 3.07 said fail. I cant take a screen shot because its not my computer. Version 3.09 freezes right away..... I'm trying to flash the original file with 7z at end and TAR. My phone now says in red letters UDC start Unsupport dev_type. What the hell!!! I'll have to wait another day to work on it again when i can borrow a pc again.

currently it says...

---------- Post added 8th June 2014 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th June 2014 at 11:40 PM ----------

I made a data dump backup of all important partitions needed to rescue your phone except for the bootloader.....these are phone specific due to a bootloader unlock key. You can locate all of these images using the link below.

I also created an ODIN flash-able rescue .tar in case you find yourself in a boot loop or other bricked state. This ODIN file contains a Stock rooted system image, stock boot image, and TWRP custom recovery. The name of this file is "GS5-DEV_VZWSTOCK_Rooted.tar.md5.7z" and it can be found by clicking the link below.

##CREDIT##

Files include:

Main OS
system.img
recovery.img
boot.img

Radios
Modem.bin

ODIN Rescue FIle

+If you continue to have issues or force closing jump into TWRP and factory reset

Download Here

If you found this rescue image useful and want to buy me a beer the link is below...

Donate here

FAIL MESSAGE..... HELP PLEASE....

I understand your pain. I have no idea what's going on. I recommend you PM das7982 the developer who posted the ODIN Restore, perhaps he understands what the problem is.

das7982

Feb 28, 2012
Broken Arrow
Well in the first place files dont show up when i try to put them thru PDA it's just a blank box after I search to open them. It might be because I didn't unpack tar with 7zip?

Unpack just the 7 zip container leaving just the tar.md5 file. Then plug this file into pda in odin 3.07.

Since you flashed with a non supported mac program you likely bungled up you pit file. This is your partition information table which stores the location of all your partition info, sizes, locations etc.

If you can't recover using my odin package you are toast. The only way you are getting your phone back up is using the recovery image for the non dev GS5 that's posted in general. BUT! ***WARNING*** if you flash the non dev recovery image your dev edition GS5 will be permanently locked just like the non development device. This will at least get you a perfectly working phone.

Judging by your general lack of odin knowledge it sounds like you're not a developer and just wanted the unlocked bootloader for root.... which is quite alright. I'm just saying you might have bitten off more than you can chew. I hope this info helps you

Follow me @Bash_array

das7982

Feb 28, 2012
Broken Arrow

Says unsupport dev type on phone[/QUOTE]

It looks like you're trying to flash the 7z file. You need to unpack that 7z file and flash the file ending in .tar.md5.

Also if your phone is saying "unsupport dev type" that means you permanently locked your bootloader. You now have a consumer device. You can thank whomever created that "Jodin" mac odin program you used initially. That in combination of you trying to flash 7zip etc locked you back. I'll post a link to the file you now have to flash to rescue your phone to consumer. Stand by

Follow me @Bash_array

Reactions: Droid9684

jpcalhoun

Feb 24, 2012
South Central PA

It looks like you're trying to flash the 7z file. You need to unpack that 7z file and flash the file ending in .tar.md5.

Also if your phone is saying "unsupport dev type" that means you permanently locked your bootloader. You now have a consumer device. You can thank whomever created that "Jodin" mac odin program you used initially. That in combination of you trying to flash 7zip etc locked you back. I'll post a link to the file you now have to flash to rescue your phone to consumer. Stand by

Follow me @Bash_array[/QUOTE]Wow, this is not good news. Perhaps contacting Samsung Customer Service to see if Samsung will take the phone back (since it is a Dev Phone) and re-program it back to factory state.

das7982

Feb 28, 2012
Broken Arrow

Follow me @Bash_array
Wow, this is not good news. Perhaps contacting Samsung Customer Service to see if Samsung will take the phone back (since it is a Dev Phone) and re-program it back to factory state.[/QUOTE]

It is not good news indeed. To fix this perm locked phone to at least have a use able phone download this stock verizon firmware, unzip it, then flash in pda section using odin 3.07 for Windows.

WARNING! !!! This will permanently lock your dev edition bootloader. Flashing this is only recommended if you have already bungled your dev edition phone and its already perm locked. I'm posting this for the guy several posts up that's having issues and appears to have already perm locked his bootloader

http://downloadandroidfiles.org/fil.../SM-G900V_VZW_1_20140331185350_7qiy1jcm1z.zip

Follow me @Bash_array

Last edited:

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Unpack just the 7 zip container leaving just the tar.md5 file. Then plug this file into pda in odin 3.07.

Since you flashed with a non supported mac program you likely bungled up you pit file. This is your partition information table which stores the location of all your partition info, sizes, locations etc.

If you can't recover using my odin package you are toast. The only way you are getting your phone back up is using the recovery image for the non dev GS5 that's posted in general. BUT! ***WARNING*** if you flash the non dev recovery image your dev edition GS5 will be permanently locked just like the non development device. This will at least get you a perfectly working phone.

Judging by your general lack of odin knowledge it sounds like you're not a developer and just wanted the unlocked bootloader for root.... which is quite alright. I'm just saying you might have bitten off more than you can chew. I hope this info helps you

Follow me @Bash_array

I've done all this already but i cant get odin to work due to windows keeps freeze and saying "Not responding". I don't think Samsung will take the Dev Edition back because its a void knox warranty right? So basically what your saying is im the first person to brick a new Samsung Galaxy S5? :( Yes i bought the dev edition so i can flash and root since the regular consumer one is not able to.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

I've done all this already but i cant get odin to work due to windows keeps freeze and saying "Not responding". I don't think Samsung will take the Dev Edition back because its a void knox warranty right? So basically what your saying is im the first person to brick a new Samsung Galaxy S5? :( Yes i bought the dev edition so i can flash and root since the regular consumer one is not able to.

I know somewhat how ODIN works but this is my first time working with a Samsung Galaxy. I'm used to HTC and Motorola devices and the programs they use or to make use of Mac scripts.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Follow me @Bash_array

Also i already tried flashing a stock image (non rooted) to the Galaxy named G900VVRU1ANCG_G900VVZW1ANCG_VZW.zip. Like i said previously Windows just stops responding when i run ODIN. Currently I have to borrow a data USB cable because i had to ship off my original to samsung already for repair as it was falling apart at the top phone part i'll probably get that back sometime next week.

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
UPDATE

Follow me @Bash_array

I just got off the phone with Samsung support. I've been informed Samsung resets devices to stock OS even if they are out of warranty for free weather it's custom or not. Thats the good news and i will have my phone back within 11 days. My IMEI number registers out of warranty even though its only a month old, the guy told me the Dev editions have this issue.

Bad news is i am not able to get ODIN to work on windows with "Not Responding" error. I have to go back and reinstall TWRP and root on my friends Dell computer which i had no trouble using.

trueagle

Jun 11, 2011
My windows 7 machine hangs on odin for about five minutes while it's checking md5 then it works

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Glad to hear Samsung is stepping up to the plate and giving you some relief. At least all is not lost. Sorry man.

I just hope that its true what they say they fix it for free. IMEI comes up as not in warranty but the guy said they reset phones weather in/out of warranty to factory. And that dev editions in there system imei numbers never show correctly and on his level he cant fix it. I hope they leave bootloader unlocked. The paper print out to include in shipment states i may be charged for out of warrenty repairs. So im a bit worried. As for ODIN....should i wait until tuesday i can use my friends Dell again (like i did first time flash/root device)? Or just send it out first thing tomorrow? Seems ODIN on my folks HP and virtual box running W7 and XP on Mac freeze up automatically. Do you have future suggestions? This post is also directed towards the OP @das7982

jpcalhoun

Feb 24, 2012
South Central PA
I just hope that its true what they say they fix it for free. IMEI comes up as not in warranty but the guy said they reset phones weather in/out of warranty to factory. And that dev editions in there system imei numbers never show correctly and on his level he cant fix it. I hope they leave bootloader unlocked. The paper print out to include in shipment states i may be charged for out of warrenty repairs. So im a bit worried. As for ODIN....should i wait until tuesday i can use my friends Dell again (like i did first time flash/root device)? Or just send it out first thing tomorrow? Seems ODIN on my folks HP and virtual box running W7 and XP on Mac freeze up automatically. Do you have future suggestions? This post is also directed towards the OP @das7982

Based on what Samsung told you I'd day you have nothing to loose by trying to get it running.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

##CREDIT##

Files include:

Main OS
    system.img
    recovery.img
    boot.img

Radios
    Modem.bin

ODIN Rescue FIle

****DO NOT USE "JODIN" TO FLASH

Download Here

Donate here
    S5 Dev Ed Rescue file - use at your own risk

Here is the link to the file I downloaded from another member. What is the error you are seeing on the boot screen with the yellow triangle? When I tried to flash this via Odin, it failed and was able to 1) unplug USB, 2)pull the battery, 3)boot into stock recovery and perform a factory reset. Then I was able to disable the RL.
    Recovery File:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8a454A1K5eOSEJFMEZTUmMyeTg/edit?usp=drive_web

A big thanks to @jpcalhoun for hosting this. (He didn't create it.)
    The file is available for download here:

https://www.batteryreview.info/gs5-dev_vzwstock_rooted.tar.md5.7z. That's like 1.7GB so no redownloading, testing your internet speed, and such frivolity like that, please. I have enough bits in the bucket for about 300-500 downloads, so think before you click. But if you need it, please click.
    added ext4 partition to system.img by performing a new data dump with the proper extension. Uploading now. Then Good to go
    EFS is device specific (IMEI, Mac-address and stuff). You should take it down.

Edit:- same with modemst1 and modemst2 (Snapdragon variants store their IMEI in those two partitions).