[CLOSED][APP][XPOSED][6.0+] XPrivacyLua - Android privacy manager [UNSUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gensec

Jan 26, 2007
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Which magisk module did you use? I have the 7t and both bootlooped me on yahfa and sandhook. I'm desperately trying to get XPL working again

Same here,
I am on Magisk 20.2-a6e62e07 (20102)
Magisk Manager 7.4.1-a6e62e07 (255)
Riru_-_Core-v19.5(27).zip
EdXposed-SandHook-v0.4.6.0_beta.4471

Have fully working
Xposed edge 5.5.1 and
UnToaster Xposed 1.2.8
Activation of XPL causes bootloop
Don't know how to get a log while in a bootloop.

Have tried also with the modified magisk from edxposed repository with no luck.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Here is a log, I hope it contains what you need...
I was not able to find a loop and therefore also not a cause.
There is not much XPrivacyLua logging in the very long log file.

The next log file needs to include an exact time (second) of the crash/reboot, else there is no point in looking into it.

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
Thank you for checking the log. There is no crash, it simply does not work, telling me "module not running or updated".

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Thank you for checking the log. There is no crash, it simply does not work, telling me "module not running or updated".
I don't see XPrivacyLua being loaded and maybe the many SELinux policy violations and this are explanations:

Code:
11-05 03:50:32.704   695   695 E EdXposed-Bridge: Cannot load any modules because /data/user_de/0/org.meowcat.edxposed.manager/conf/modules.list was not found

Code:
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: mmap failed, errno = Permission denied
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: cannot hook method
11-05 03:50:33.152  1548  1548 W system_server: type=1400 audit(0.0:305): avc: denied { execmem } for scontext=u:r:system_server:s0 tcontext=u:r:system_server:s0 tclass=process permissive=0
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: error when hooking com.elderdrivers.riru.edxp._hooker.yahfa.StartBootstrapServicesHooker
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to hook private void com.android.server.SystemServer.startBootstrapServices() with public static void com.elderdrivers.riru.edxp._hooker.yahfa.StartBootstrapServicesHooker.hook(java.lang.Object) throws java.lang.Throwable
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at com.elderdrivers.riru.edxp.core.yahfa.HookMain.backupAndHook(HookMain.java:127)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at com.elderdrivers.riru.edxp.core.yahfa.HookMain.doHookDefault(HookMain.java:3088)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at com.elderdrivers.riru.edxp.proxy.BaseRouter.startSystemServerHook(BaseRouter.java:134)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at com.elderdrivers.riru.edxp._hooker.impl.SystemMain.afterHookedMethod(SystemMain.java:27)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at de.robv.android.xposed.XC_MethodHook.callAfterHookedMethod(XC_MethodHook.java:68)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at com.elderdrivers.riru.edxp._hooker.yahfa.SystemMainHooker.hook(SystemMainHooker.java:25)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at com.android.server.SystemServer.createSystemContext(Unknown Source:0)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at com.android.server.SystemServer.run(Unknown Source:293)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at com.android.server.SystemServer.main(Unknown Source:10)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
11-05 03:50:33.161  1548  1548 E EdXposed: 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:251)

XPrivacyLua will not work if it isn't loaded or its hooks are not being executed.

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
I don't see XPrivacyLua being loaded and maybe the many SELinux policy violations and this are explanations:

Code:
11-05 03:50:32.704   695   695 E EdXposed-Bridge: Cannot load any modules because /data/user_de/0/org.meowcat.edxposed.manager/conf/modules.list was not found

XPrivacyLua will not work if it isn't loaded or its hooks are not being executed.

Hm, strange. I just checked and the modules.list file is there in the corresponding folder. But it's size is 0 so I doubt it contains any data.

Namnodorel

Oct 26, 2015

Hm, strange. I just checked and the modules.list file is there in the corresponding folder. But it's size is 0 so I doubt it contains any data.
Does the EdXposed manager have the appropiate permissions to access storage? That can be a problem. Further discussion is OT here tho :/

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
@M66B
I would like to bring your attention to a possbile bug in XprivacyLua Pro app

Certain apps eg DBS Ibanking, force closes on launch will all xprivacylua options enabled.
Only by unchecking "Content.Resolver.query1/gsf_id, Content.Resolver.query16/gsf_id, Content.Resolver.query26/gsf_id" and clearing data of the app does it launch normally.
Normally when the hooks are accessed, there is a timestamp prefixed on the right of XprivacyLua Pro, these timestamps are not shown for these 3 hooks when enabled.
Please see this FAQ:
https://github.com/M66B/XPrivacyLua/blob/master/FAQ.md#user-content-faq10

Not all restrictions can have usage data (time stamps).

Bipo

Sep 30, 2010
Montpellier
I've been using xprivacy again for the past weeks, and it works without crashes, but it makes the phone sluggish, apps take a long time to open, sometimes they hang.

Not complaining, just wondering if there's some kind of tweaking I could do

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I've been using xprivacy again for the past weeks, and it works without crashes, but it makes the phone sluggish, apps take a long time to open, sometimes they hang.

Not complaining, just wondering if there's some kind of tweaking I could do
Sluggishness is almost always caused by (Ed)Xposed. You can try different hooking methods, see the Xposed forums for more information.

Reactions: Bipo

Bipo

Sep 30, 2010
Montpellier
Thanks.

But my phone running edxposed without xprivacy works fine. Only other modules are xposed edge pro and afwall.

I'll check the xposed forums

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
Sluggishness is almost always caused by (Ed)Xposed. You can try different hooking methods, see the Xposed forums for more information.

It's a bug in the Edxposed. Some ROMs just refuse to work with Edxposed and xpl for some reason. If you're using yahfa, use sandhook and vice versa.

@M66B my apologies, I quoted the wrong post.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiTiB

Samdroid18

Jun 18, 2013
Hi @M66B , I'm trying to randomise the identifiers from XPL pro globally as well as per app basis. But whenever i close the XPL pro after randomising and recheck the identifiers settings it's all blank. Basically the identifiers just vanish as soon as i press back button. So is there any save button for this ?

I need to randomise identifiers, just as we used to in old Xprivacy.

Thanks in advance :)

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hi @M66B , I'm trying to randomise the identifiers from XPL pro globally as well as per app basis. But whenever i close the XPL pro after randomising and recheck the identifiers settings it's all blank. Basically the identifiers just vanish as soon as i press back button. So is there any save button for this ?

I need to randomise identifiers, just as we used to in old Xprivacy.

Thanks in advance :)
There is a manual randomize and a randomize on boot, but there is no randomize on access in XPrivacyLua.

If you manually randomize, you'll need to save the randomized value.

Samdroid18

Jun 18, 2013
There is a manual randomize and a randomize on boot, but there is no randomize on access in XPrivacyLua.

If you manually randomize, you'll need to save the randomized value.

Yes I'm manually randomising but as soon as i hit back button after giving random values, those values vanishes when i again go and check it.

Like in Older Xprivacy when we saved the template after randomising all values, those values didn't vanished even after closing the app.

So is this normal or some issue with my device ? :rolleyes:

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Yes I'm manually randomising but as soon as i hit back button after giving random values, those values vanishes when i again go and check it.

Like in Older Xprivacy when we saved the template after randomising all values, those values didn't vanished even after closing the app.

So is this normal or some issue with my device ? :rolleyes:
Did you save the values after randomizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XPrivacyLua

banner_play_store.png

Really simple to use privacy manager for Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later (successor of XPrivacy).

Revoking Android permissions from apps often let apps crash or malfunction. XPrivacyLua solves this by feeding apps fake data instead of real data.

Features:

• Simple to use
    • Manage any user or system app
    • Extensible
    • Multi-user support
    • Free and open source

See here for all details, including installation instructions and download link.

Please read the frequently asked questions before asking a question.

This XDA thread is about using the latest version of XPrivacyLua. Off topic comments are allowed as long they are related to XPrivacyLua and are in the general interest of the followers of this thread, but anything not related to privacy is not allowed.

If XPrivacyLua doesn't work and/or when "module not running or updated" is shown, this is almost always caused by an Xposed problem.

Discussions about purchases are not allowed here, please contact me via here instead.

XPrivacyLua is being maintained and community supported, but new features won't be added anymore.

Custom hook definitions will always be part of XPrivacyLua, but there will be community support only. This means that I won't respond to questions about defining custom hooks anymore. See this thread for the reasons.

If you value your privacy, please consider to support this project with a donation or by purchasing pro features.

XPrivacyLua is not a permission manager, but a privacy manager. XPrivacyLua doesn't block things and doesn't revoke permissions, but does replace real data by fake data. This means you can grant Android permissions to an app and still let XPrivacyLua prevent the app from seeing privacy sensitive data. Revoking permissions can result in an app refusing to work and/or to crash. However, replacing real by fake data generally doesn't let an app crash.

Currently restrictions are quite crude because they mostly replace real data by no data. For example restricting the contacts app from getting contacts will result in an empty contact list. In the near future it might be made possible to select the data an app may see, for example just one group of contacts.

About feature requests and bug reports:

The goal is to have a tool that can properly protect the privacy of many in the near future. However, it isn't paid work, so I do whatever I like whenever I like it.

You can request features in this XDA forum. I will read them, but I will not respond to them and they might or might not be implemented. If I know for sure something will not be implemented, I will let you know.

You can report any problem you have here. There will be no issue tracker on GitHub.

For now I have decided to not implement restrictions that are useful to prevent tracking only. There are simply too many data items that can be used for tracking and it would take too much time to develop restrictions for all these data items.

The basic idea is to restrict only things that 'define' you, so which contacts you have, where you are, which apps you use, etc.

Maybe we can widen the definition of things that the core of XPL covers to "What defines you, and what can be used to spie on you"? This would include camera/audio, but not tracking.

XPrivacyLua is pretty feature complete and will be maintained and supported and when there is a need new hook definitions will be added to better protect your privacy. For the rest this FAQ applies:

https://github.com/M66B/XPrivacyLua/blob/master/FAQ.md#FAQ4

As said before, development will also depend on Xposed development, which is just minimal unfortunately.

XDA thanks and donations are appreciated.

XPrivacyLua is supported with Xposed only. There is no support for VirtualXposed and TaiChi.
    I have just released beta version 0.5 in the Xposed repository.

The XPrivacyLua framework and user interface seems to be stable enough to call this a beta release.

Besides several bug fixes and improvements two new restrictions were added:
    • Read account name, which mostly holds your e-mail address and will be replace by 'privacy@private.com' when restricted
    • Read clipboard, which will be replaced by the text 'Private' when restricted

Furthermore the ability to restrict Android system (be careful!) and to restrict system apps was added. It is possible to restrict all of these individually (XPrivacy could not do that).

Be sure to take a look at the help page in the app again (use the ?-icon), since there were some useful hints added.

If you appreciate what I am building here, please let me know by means of an XDA thanks and/or a donation, so that I don't get the feeling 'What am I doing this for?'.
    I have just released alpha version 0.12 in the Xposed repository.

This version has been redesigned for Android Oreo compatibility. The user interface and the restrictions work properly for me, but be aware that a lot has been changed on the inside ("it is bigger on the inside", lol), also for earlier Android versions. There is one thing I know of that needs improving and that is that the user interface might be updated too often with a lot of restrictions, which might cause delays and hangs. I will look into this tomorrow.

This change was necessary, but it was a lot of work, so XDA thanks and donations are appreciated.
    I have just released beta version 0.25 in the Xposed repository.

Changelog:

With this release XPrivacyLua restriction's can be compared with XPrivacy's. There are now over 100 restriction definitions!

XDA thanks and donations are appreciated.
    @CHEF-KOCH You have been given enough time to respond here. Now I just think it is pretty cowardly to write critical about XPrivacyLua, but not to tell what can actually be improved, especially because you were invited to do so.

I still like to hear how XPrivacyLua can be improved, but I don't want to hear what is wrong with XPrivacyLua. You'll need to keep the scope of XPrivacyLua in mind (in short: privacy, not security), see the opening post and previous discussions about this for more information.

Also, if you really know better, I like to see an original work from your hands to prove that. Actions speak louder than words.

As it is now, you are discouraging one of the few people in the world who really did something substantial to improve privacy on Android. And don't go talking about VPNs, TOR, etc because your private information, like your contacts, will still leak.

I also think you are pretty ungrateful for what I did so far.

To others: if you see someone reference one of his blogs, please reference this comment in response.

Edit: if you agree with this, please add an XDA thanks to this comment, so it will show up in the right column as a reference for others.