[FIX]Proximity Sensor on Custom Roms

Search This thread

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Earlier today @Eruditass had the same issue with the proximity sensor we've been having. I suggested adding in the proximity sensor build.prop line, but that didn't help. Instead of saying F it, he messed around with some system values and found a way to make it work correctly, but it didn't persist from boot to boot. He then made an init script, but it didn't work when it should have....I took what he did and added a line to it...instead of just sending "on", I sent "off" then "on" and it worked. Here ya go, flash away.

Directions
  • Be on a 4.2 or 4.3 rom that has proximity sensor issues.
  • Flash the attached zip
  • ?????
  • Profit

Obviously, if your not running a 4.2+ rom and are planning to install one.....install the rom\gapps then the fix.....

Last edited:

Dr. Orange

Dec 6, 2011
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus Pad
Is this for like while talking on the phone and stuff?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
Yes, it detects when the phone is up by your ear and turns the screen off to prevent accidental touches from the face or ear. When you move it away from your ear, the screen comes back on. In the latest PAC ROMs and others I'm sure, the proximity sensor hasn't been working, I tested the fix last night and my proximity sensor works on calls now.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're serious.
Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
This was the main reason why I stopped using TouchWizMod. I really enjoyed that ROM but the Proximity sensor issue was too annoying to overcome...

I'll flash back to it in a few days & see how this fix works

campracing

Nov 7, 2010
Yes I have had to flash this fix with every nightly that I have flashed..... But it works every time ... Thanks

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Earlier today @Eruditass had the same issue with the proximity sensor we've been having. I suggested adding in the proximity sensor build.prop line, but that didn't help. Instead of saying F it, he messed around with some system values and found a way to make it work correctly, but it didn't persist from boot to boot. He then made an init script, but it didn't work when it should have....I took what he did and added a line to it...instead of just sending "on", I sent "off" then "on" and it worked. Here ya go, flash away.

Directions
    • Be on a 4.2 or 4.3 rom that has proximity sensor issues.
    • Flash the attached zip
    • ?????
    • Profit

Obviously, if your not running a 4.2+ rom and are planning to install one.....install the rom\gapps then the fix.....
    The link in op is the fixed link?

Yeah
    Wouldn't install for me. Said there were invalid number of arguments.

Wouldn't install for me. Said there were invalid number of arguments.

Thanks. Fixed it. Forgot to remove _recursive from the permissions line :eek:

It worked! Thanks!