Does anyone know how to do imei repair on the at&t htc one m8 ?

Search This thread

DeathmonkeyGTX

Oct 15, 2007
Little Rock, AR
That really needs to get added to twrp for this device. Saved my previous phone (e970) several times.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
If you had an EFS partition backup, you could possibly.
But I know TWRP recovery doesn't have that option in the M8.
I don't know if this is a limitation of the device, or the recovery.

I have seen CL posting ads in other states that list they can do it, but if you have to send them the phone. One was in atlanta.

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
If you had an EFS partition backup, you could possibly.
But I know TWRP recovery doesn't have that option in the M8.
I don't know if this is a limitation of the device, or the recovery.

They can do it on the m7 as there is a guy on ebay that does it and he uses good imei numbers from the exact same model of phone, but he cant as of yet on the m7.

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
Yes it can be done with one second. But it against the xda forum rules to discuss imei thing here "I'm really sure it's not illegal to fix or change imei, but it was illegal to change the esn/meid for cdma" because it was used to clone devices esn and use other people's numbers. Unlike gsm.....

Anyway I sent you PM

Yes its perfectly legal because its being done to bring your phone back to its original carrier. I have had people that do this sort of thing say it takes a couple hours just to do the old model htc one. So I dont understand how it could possibly be that easy unless there is software or equipment out to do it.

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
Yes it can be done with one second. But it against the xda forum rules to discuss imei thing here "I'm really sure it's not illegal to fix or change imei, but it was illegal to change the esn/meid for cdma" because it was used to clone devices esn and use other people's numbers. Unlike gsm.....

Anyway I sent you PM

I didnt receive a message ? Only message I received was one where they moved my posting ?

xeony

Aug 29, 2014
hellp

Anyway I sent you PM

Hey :) Could you send me pm? Help me master :)