[App][23 July 2010] DroppedBoxx - Windows Mobile Dropbox Client

Search This thread

d1k_is

Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane
dkdevelopment.net
So I've been working on a Dropbox client for Windows Mobile called "DroppedBoxx".
Now this Thread was originally started to get feedback from a few Beta builds I did also to offer support to users. Now that its a paid app I will continue to offer support and update the changelog I'm just not allow to promote it. (or link to where its being sold)

Also, I have done a bit of a writeup about how to use it (and what all the buttons do) on my Blog here (Updated to v1.1)

Features (Currently)
  • Login (of course)
  • Sync selected folders from Device
  • Browse Dropbox files and folders
  • Download Files
  • Download then email
  • Upload files
  • Take photo and upload
  • Delete Dropbox Files
  • Save Login/Session details
  • Copy/move files around dropbox
  • Create new Folder
  • Display account usage (numbers are there but a graph would be better)
  • Track application (self) usage

See Roadmap/Changelog Post 2

Tested Resolutions (in order from most tested)
  • VGA (480x640)
  • WVGA (480x800)
  • QVGA (240x320)

Beta Version: v0.7.1

Screenshots

Follow me on Twitter:

Last edited:

d1k_is

Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane
dkdevelopment.net
Reserved: Change log does here...

v1.7+: (Future)
  • Progress bars for Uploading/Downloading

v1.6: (Next release)
  • Rewrite to a lot of the sync feature (slower but better functionality)
  • More bug fixes

v1.5:
  • Few bug fixes
  • Note: there was a problem with the Marketplace version of this update which causes the update to fail.

v1.4:
  • Added the ability to open a file with the default application after its been downloaded
  • Fixes Login bug (oauth_timestamp) caused by API changes
  • Fixed bug where application adds a newline to the end of uploaded files (makes .cab installers corrupt)
  • Fixed bug where subfolders were being deleted unexpectedly
  • Fixed bug where selecting a file then creating a folder turns the file into a folder and creates a folder inside there

v1.3:
  • Fixed bug in syncing where creating new folders causing nothing to be synced in that folder
  • TimeZones are now fixed so syncing works properly across different timezones
  • Pressing the Back button in the Dropbox browser goes "up" a directory (instead of crashing :p )
  • Code refactoring/Optimizing to speed up syncing a bit
  • Added File size to files in the list in the dropbox browser
  • Fixed some error handling with a few things
  • Alternative theme with more of a Dropbox colour scheme

v1.2:
  • Sync Status screen to show progress when syncing (current file/folder amount uploaded etc.)
  • Fixed error when connection is dropped while browsing Dropbox folder
  • Fixed bug where sync folder no longer exists (Also asked to be removed if attempting to browse it)
  • Fixed NullException errors while syncing a new folder to Dropbox

v1.1:
  • Two-way syncing
  • some UI Tweaks (all bottom menus have labeled buttons)
  • Back Button added to Dropbox Browser to take you directly back to the sync folders screen (Instead of going back through each folder again)
  • Camera Settings goes upto 5MP now (VGA, 1MP, 2MP, 3MP, 4MP or 5MP) (again Subject to suggestions)
  • Fixed some errors to do with lost connections
  • Sync Folders screen is updated when syncing is complete (v1.0 only refreshed when the button was clicked again or the screen reloaded)

v1.0: (First Paid-for release)
  • One-way syncing (Phone to dropbox)

v0.7.1: (Last Free Beta)
  • Fixed bug in email attach (now working again)
  • Added setting for camera Resolution (VGA, 1MP, 2MP or 3MP) (Subject to suggestions)

v0.7:
  • Added labels to the buttons on the homescreen (other menus to follow if feedback is good)
  • Upped the camera resolution to 2MP (will work on getting the devices max or allowing user to set this)
  • Added background uploading to the camera-to-box feature (bigger images take longer ;) )
  • Added application data usage to the info screen (resets when you close the app)

v0.5.4:
  • Fixed bug: Error handling files bigger than 2,147,483,647 bytes
  • Fixed Icons looking terrible (now they only look average)

v0.5.3:
  • Login screen now has an average looking background!!
  • Changed the "Remember Me" function to store the tokens instead of user info (Dropbox prefer) Also this now acts as an auto login. (Everyone will have to login again, sorry :p)
  • Added an "Exit" (door) button to the Sync Folders screen to Exit the app instead of having to logout then exit (Requested)
  • Info/About screen added with DroppedBoxx version number and Dropbox account usage (Quota, used, shared. Note: The actual usage is the used + shared) Will work on a graph or progress bar thing for this
  • Added the settings screen (at the moment all it does is let you "Forget Me" to stop the auto login/remembering password)
  • more but i forgot...

Trimmed...

Last edited:
I have DropBox already installed on my pc sometime back. Your app is a god-sent.

Thank you for sharing:cool:

EDIT: Something wrong on the last two items. See attached.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,934

d1k_is

Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane
dkdevelopment.net
I have DropBox already installed on my pc sometime back. Your app is a god-sent.

Thank you for sharing:cool:

EDIT: Something wrong on the last two items. See attached.

ahh, WVGA.
What phone do you have there? (Im guessing the Topaz)

I think there is a problem with the Upload file/save file selection screens under that resolution, looking into a fix.

Thanks for the feedback tho, exactly what im after :)

ahh, WVGA.
What phone do you have there? (Im guessing the Topaz)

I think there is a problem with the Upload file/save file selection screens under that resolution, looking into a fix.

Thanks for the feedback tho, exactly what im after :)

Yes, Topaz. Looks very promising.:)

Edit: 0.3.9 rectify the display issue.

Last edited:

gorelshv

Jan 1, 2008
There is another bug when choosing to install to sd card it installs to program memory, under \program files\ it doesn't even create its own folder.

aestivalisakito

Apr 8, 2007
Edwards AFB, CA
www.usaf.com
Very nice app
To the OP:
To fix the installation to SD card issue: Actually i was incorrect still looking for solution
Couple of suggestions: no popup keyboard symbol ...at least on my tp2. I use my popup more than my hardware keyboard so might want to look into that.

I am also sending you a pm.

Last edited:

d1k_is

Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane
dkdevelopment.net
Very nice app
To the OP:
To fix the installation to SD card issue: Actually i was incorrect still looking for solution
Couple of suggestions: no popup keyboard symbol ...at least on my tp2. I use my popup more than my hardware keyboard so might want to look into that.

I am also sending you a pm.

Thanks for the Tip, i'll look into it tonight.

As for the popup keyboard, I wasnt too sure about it as i wanted the app to be full screen and since my Touch Pro is only VGA it needs all the room it can get. I'll have a think about it, maybe just have it for the login panel/inputs?

mvkirichenko

Dec 4, 2009
Hello, d1k_is! Thank you for the program. Staged DroppedBoxx, Play around. We should have a nice icon to the label screwed.

mvkirichenko

Dec 4, 2009
The first issue that is not possible to enter data for authentication because there is no keyboard. I use HTC HD2.

d1k_is

Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane
dkdevelopment.net
On a Touch HD i can't login due to missing Keyboard.
But the idea is still great ;)

hmmm, its been said before and i can do this, but its just a matter of how i make the keyboard appear and disappear.
Appear Im guessing on Textbox Click/Select but disappear...?

Any ideas from the keyboardless users?
Maybe a litte keyboard button next to or under the textboxes?

EDIT: I have added a button and uploaded a new version, feedback please...?
Also, i'll update screenshots when i get a chance (and add the icon, thanks for that BTW)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I've been working on a Dropbox client for Windows Mobile called "DroppedBoxx".
    Now this Thread was originally started to get feedback from a few Beta builds I did also to offer support to users. Now that its a paid app I will continue to offer support and update the changelog I'm just not allow to promote it. (or link to where its being sold)

Also, I have done a bit of a writeup about how to use it (and what all the buttons do) on my Blog here (Updated to v1.1)

Features (Currently)
    • Login (of course)
    • Sync selected folders from Device
    • Browse Dropbox files and folders
    • Download Files
    • Download then email
    • Upload files
    • Take photo and upload
    • Delete Dropbox Files
    • Save Login/Session details
    • Copy/move files around dropbox
    • Create new Folder
    • Display account usage (numbers are there but a graph would be better)
    • Track application (self) usage

See Roadmap/Changelog Post 2

Tested Resolutions (in order from most tested)
    • VGA (480x640)
    • WVGA (480x800)
    • QVGA (240x320)

Beta Version: v0.7.1

Screenshots

Follow me on Twitter:
    transfer again files between my PC and HD2
    alternatively, you can try the cloud from Yandex, there WebDav and you can work with it through Resco File Explorer
    http://help.yandex.ru/disk/webdav.xml
    I might be missing something but I didn't see a CAB or EXE version in github. Would there happen to be a CAB or EXE? I'm hoping to avoid building from sources if possible. Thanks.

Go to the Downloads tab on the Github project and theres a cab there to download - https://github.com/dkarzon/DroppedBoxx/downloads
    it is wotking but still I loose files from time to time. Actually I'm waiting for a new relase that fixes the issues I already noticed. I do not rely on it very much.
    however, a nice improvement could be a scheduler...
    I'm Back

Hi DroppedBoxx users,

Firstly sorry for the lack of replies lately, I have been pretty busy with a few different projects + moving + work.

But, dont worry, I have not forgotten about you!

I am aware of the Issues with the current version (where syncing deletes files that have been moved into a sync folder)
    v1.5 was a meant to be a fix to that where it would check against the files last access time but it looks like there was an issue uploading this version.

I have been working on a complete overhaul of the syncing feature recently which will fix all of issues to do with loosing files.

Since I no longer have my WM6.5 phone testing is a bit more difficult so I will most likely ask for some users to beta test a version in a week or so if all goes well.

Again, sorry for the lack of replies but I'm back now!

DK.