[UPDATED] 4eXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC9 as PB99IMG

Search This thread

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Updated to the latest version, 4ext Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC9

EDIT: No need to rename it now, just download and put on sdcard.
Edited because some people could not get it to work because renaming it was the hardest thing in the world :banghead:

All credits to Madmaxx for this great recovery.... :D

Download PB99IMG.zip and put it on the root of ur sdcard (not in a folder) and then with ur phone off hold volume down + power. ur bootloader will look for the PB99IMG then ask u if u want to update recovery, volume up for YES, it will then ask you to reboot device, volume down for NO. Once its finished u now have 4ext recovery and just use volume buttons to navigate to recovery then press power button to enter recovery. I have tried it myself and it works, its the exact same method to install as Alpharev's hboots via PB99IMG.
Dont forget u must be S-OFF lol

Dont forget to delete it off sdcard once ur done or u will get asked to update everytime u enter bootloader

MD5 - 79496e1478ea56e33f3f2d90ac88adfe

(Also u can extract the PB99IMG.zip file and flash recovery.img via fastboot commands or android flasher)

Attachments

• PB99IMG.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 62,479
Last edited:

nme1337

Mar 27, 2011
phone asks to update, i have to start it with vol-up, but i have a little problem: my vol up button doesn't work, is there any other solution to start?

majoto81

Jan 19, 2011
Bratislava
Hi guys. I tried all the instructions, but the problem persists .... I have PVT4 S OFF .... zip file will be installed through the bootloader but nothing changed and the desire to restart the htc logo .....

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
not sure what ya mean. the phone shouldnt boot unless u pressed reboot. once u have PB99IMG.zip on ur sdcard, hold volume down + power then bootloader will find PB99IMG and ask update recovery? volume up for yes, once its complete it asks u reboot device? press volume down for no then u will stay in bootloader menu and then press volume down to navigate to recovery n press power button to enter recovery. simples :)
i have tried it myself coz i wouldnt post it otherwise

Sent from my HTC Desire

Last edited:

majoto81

Jan 19, 2011
Bratislava
1 day can t my desire boot than boot ....I install root checker and I have no root.... I thing problem was superuser and binary
Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
When in recovery did u do a full wipe? then reinstall the rom? Also make sure u have partitioned ur sdcard to whatever the dev recommends and have the correct hboot for that rom aswell

Sent from my HTC Desire

phuxus

Dec 11, 2010
Vienna
I've got a problem which is similiar,

The Desire was rooted once through alpharev, custom romed and used for a couple of days. Afterwards the rom was crap and the user decided to get back to 2.2. I don't know how the user installed 2.2 stock froyo but it was up and running again.

Now Root is wanted again, so i installed CWM 5.0.2.0 through fastboot, i can access CWM but as i select a feature like for example "wipe data/factory reset" or "reboot system now" only the background of CWM persists and the blue menu vanishes.
Returning to normal mode just through pulling the battery.

Details:

revolutionary
hbravo pvt1 ship s-off
hboot 6.93.1002
microp-031d
touch panel synt0101
radio-5.11.05.27
aug 10 201; 17:52:18

Do i need to install another recovery like CWM Touch oder 4Ext? Any conclusion to this problem?

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I've got a problem which is similiar,

The Desire was rooted once through alpharev, custom romed and used for a couple of days. Afterwards the rom was crap and the user decided to get back to 2.2. I don't know how the user installed 2.2 stock froyo but it was up and running again.

Now Root is wanted again, so i installed CWM 5.0.2.0 through fastboot, i can access CWM but as i select a feature like for example "wipe data/factory reset" or "reboot system now" only the background of CWM persists and the blue menu vanishes.
Returning to normal mode just through pulling the battery.

Details:

revolutionary
hbravo pvt1 ship s-off
hboot 6.93.1002
microp-031d
touch panel synt0101
radio-5.11.05.27
aug 10 201; 17:52:18

Do i need to install another recovery like CWM Touch oder 4Ext? Any conclusion to this problem?

I would recommend 4ext recovery personaly. Anyway download the PB99IMG and rename it to just "PB99IMG.zip" put the PB99IMG.zip on ur sdcard, boot into bootloader (vol down + power) and it will ask to update recovery, vol up for YES then it will ask to reboot device, vol down for NO. Then boot into recovery. Check if the rom is on ur sdcard by selecting install from sdcard. Let me know what it says.
Or u can download a new rom of ur choice by searching Desire Android Development, if u do choose a new rom let me know what coz ul more than likely have to partition sdcard and change hboots.

Sent from my HTC Desire

Last edited:

phuxus

Dec 11, 2010
Vienna
Thank u for the quick reply. I'll try 4ext instead of cwm, but iam a little bit confused what the difference may be.

Iam familiar with rom installing and sdcard formatting with ext partition for more space, i just cannot install any rom.zip because the recovery doesn't let me access its features.

Sent from my HTC Desire

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Thank u for the quick reply. I'll try 4ext instead of cwm, but iam a little bit confused what the difference may be.

Iam familiar with rom installing and sdcard formatting with ext partition for more space, i just cannot install any rom.zip because the recovery doesn't let me access its features.

Sent from my HTC Desire

Cool so u know what ur doing, just flash 4ext recovery, its touch screen and has way more options and its 99.9% better at partitioning ur sdcard than CWM lol, its just better.

Sent from my HTC Desire

phuxus

Dec 11, 2010
Vienna
I'll give it a try. Sdcard is already formatted through gparted on Ubuntu.
Just need the option to wipe data/factory reset the current rom and install the rom i want to use :)

Should i use your version of 4ext or the newest one for desire gsm?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Just need the option to wipe data/factory reset the current rom and install the rom i want to use :)

U can use this 1 for now, its a bit older but it will do till u get ur phone booted then just click the 4ext recovery in my sig and download the 4ext recovery updater app and flash the latest version

Edit: its now the latest version :)

Sent from my HTC Desire

Last edited:
Reactions: phuxus

phuxus

Dec 11, 2010
Vienna
Worked like a charm! Flashed recovery.img through Fastbootcommander and 4ext did its job very well. Thanks for your advice.

C-J-P

Sep 20, 2012
Help

I have changed the PB99IMG of 4ext recovery touch to the latest version of 4ext Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC5

Edited because some people could not get it to work because renaming it was the hardest thing in the world :banghead:

Download PB99IMG.zip and put it on ur sdcard and then with ur phone off hold volume down + power. ur bootloader will look for the PB99IMG then ask u if u want to update recovery, volume up for YES, it will then ask you to reboot device, volume down for NO. Once its finished u now have 4ext recovery and just use volume buttons to navigate to recovery then press power button to enter recovery. I have tried it myself and it works, its the exact same method to install as Alpharev's hboots via PB99IMG.

Dont forget to delete it off sdcard once ur done or u will get asked to update everytime u enter bootloader

Hi im a NOOB so i apologise for the lack of knowledge, i have done a few successful rom flashes since getting my HTC desire, i recently flashed ALPHAREV s-off since doing this every time i load into boot loader i get update fail CID incorrect error, i tried to install this ext 4 recovery but dont get the option due to the CID error

would appreciate any help anyone can give me to resolve this issue. thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated to the latest version, 4ext Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC9

Download PB99IMG.zip and put it on the root of ur sdcard (not in a folder) and then with ur phone off hold volume down + power. ur bootloader will look for the PB99IMG then ask u if u want to update recovery, volume up for YES, it will then ask you to reboot device, volume down for NO. Once its finished u now have 4ext recovery and just use volume buttons to navigate to recovery then press power button to enter recovery. I have tried it myself and it works, its the exact same method to install as Alpharev's hboots via PB99IMG.

MD5 - 79496e1478ea56e33f3f2d90ac88adfe

(Also u can extract the PB99IMG.zip file and flash recovery.img via fastboot commands or android flasher)

U can use this 1 for now, its a bit older but it will do till u get ur phone booted then just click the 4ext recovery in my sig and download the 4ext recovery updater app and flash the latest version

Edit: its now the latest version :)

Sent from my HTC Desire
    Thats something iv never tried but as long as ur s-off i dont see why not, it should be alright. If ur not 100% sure about it then install CWM when using revolutionary and flash superuser then u can always download the 4ext recovery updater app from 4ext site and flash it from the app.

Sent from my non - JB HTC Desire
    It did actually work, I just skipped the superuser and titanium part as there was no wish to restore anything...

So simply did a nandroid backup right after 4EXT flash, followed by a Hboot update to alpharev cm7r2 also using img99 method.
    Last I have made a ext4 partition on the sd.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
    hi, which version of the recovery works best for you all ? i had bought the 4ext updater apk long time back. but it wont let me flash the latest recovery, when i go the previous versions one by one i keep getting "you are in safe mode. if you have changed your hboot then format your system etc etc.... even though i havent changed the hboot.

i dont get this msg with v1004 rc3
    thanks

Just boot into recovery, do a nandroid backup, then format all partitions except sdcard, reboot recovery, wipe dalvik then restore backup and then try update recovery using the app

Sent from my HTC Desire