[Q] Hyperdrive RLS13 MMS issue

Search This thread

lwolf25

Sep 25, 2013
So I just flashed this ROM the other day via safestrap on my AT&T s4. im extremely happy with the rom. The only 2 issues im having are with MMS. I cant send picture messages whether im on WiFi or not. It just shows sending, then the circle sits there forever trying to send. I flashed the kernel modules and configured APN settings. However, I can receive MMS all the time.

The other issue with MMS is for some reason, when I receive MMS now, it starts a whole new conversation for that person in what looks like a group message. It displays my name and the person that sent the picture as the recipients. If there is a way to just keep it in the same conversation im having with that person, Id like to do that.

Ive spent hours looking on the forums to find someone with a similar issue or fix. No luck.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
So I just flashed this ROM the other day via safestrap on my AT&T s4. im extremely happy with the rom. The only 2 issues im having are with MMS. I cant send picture messages whether im on WiFi or not. It just shows sending, then the circle sits there forever trying to send. I flashed the kernel modules and configured APN settings. However, I can receive MMS all the time.

The other issue with MMS is for some reason, when I receive MMS now, it starts a whole new conversation for that person in what looks like a group message. It displays my name and the person that sent the picture as the recipients. If there is a way to just keep it in the same conversation im having with that person, Id like to do that.

Ive spent hours looking on the forums to find someone with a similar issue or fix. No luck.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Did you flash the compatibility pack? Also, you can only send mms over movie data.

Sent from Black<3's I337 running Hyperdrive

lwolf25

Sep 25, 2013
I did not know the compatibility pack was needed for me. nor could i Find it.

Also, I know you can only send pictures over mobile data, but some users were reporting issues of not being able to send pictures while their wifi was turned on. Unfortunately, I cannot sent whether its on or off.

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I did not know the compatibility pack was needed for me. nor could i Find it.

Also, I know you can only send pictures over mobile data, but some users were reporting issues of not being able to send pictures while their wifi was turned on. Unfortunately, I cannot sent whether its on or off.

The compatibility link is right under the link to the RLS13 download in the AT&T Hyperdrive thread. Flash that and see if it helps.
I get my MMS fine with WiFi on, even while i was on Hyperdrive which i was for a good while (12 and 13)

lwolf25

Sep 25, 2013
Is it safe to flash the compatibility pack now? after Ive been using the phone for a few days.

lwolf25

Sep 25, 2013
Ok so I flashed the compatibility pack. It did not fix my issue, and now my wifi doesnt work at all. Awesome. as soon as I try and turn wifi on it kicks off immediately.

dolph8886

Nov 27, 2008
flash the MK2 kernel modules and make sure your APN is correct

MK2 kernel modules
https://mega.co.nz/#!OQNiFCTa

NAME: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: (not set)
Port: (not set)
Username: (not set)
Password: (not set)
Server: (not set)
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: none
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri,fota
APN protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

lwolf25

Sep 25, 2013
I was able to reflash kernel modules and get wifi back. but for some reason it added Cingular and Straighttalk APN's. My data is off and on (Service then no service). Adding the APN for ATT now and will see if that fixes it.

lwolf25

Sep 25, 2013
Everything seems to be ok after re-entering the apn settings. However, Im back to square one with picture messages. Still cant send any