[ROM] Salvage-Sense 1.0 RC1 [2.1]

Search This thread

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010

Welcome to SalvageMod Sense. This is a fun side project I've been working on. SalvageMod Sense is a HTC Sense project based off the Speedy Sense 2.1 upgrade. This does not contain the usual 3.0+2.1 merge you might be used to, and is not the goal of this project. So no asking. I thought I would share this ROM with you guys for anyone wanting a stable sense 2.1 experience. The ROM is uploaded to Google Code so if you're interested you may visit the links provided below.

This project features a fairly stock, yet enhanced, sense 2.1 experience. It also features a new kernel based on HTCs source code, ChopSuey. This kernel is open source on Google Code as well, again, links provided below. The kernel is fairly stock with a few additions, but more to come.

Why is it called SalvageMod!? I dunno.. I don't really like coming up with names. SalvageMod took a lot of brain power. At some point, my homie lith might join in and contribute to this one, so I figured we'd keep the team name together.

See the changelog above for detailed changes.

Thanks to leoisright for getting me interested in this port with the very first "alpha" he released. I have been picking away here and there ever since :D

Known issues:
-Boot animation is broke. Sits on "salvage-mod" but it's booting. Be patient.
-HDMI out?

: Disclaimer :
We are not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, or anything that results after using our software. Also know, this is a "release candidate". Although I consider it quite stable, the kernel and ROM are still new to the public. YMMV.

Last edited:

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
What does this ROM look like?
Sense.

To do:
Implement undervolting
Allow overclocking
Add a few more cpu scaling options to the mix
Few UI changes I have in mind
Fix boot animation (compression issue I do believe)
Fix slight alignment issue on lockscreen text previews (almost money)
Add more options to notification widgets
Implement some OG salvage goods?
Clean some more things up. Still a little overweight
Some system apps needs updating
Remove pesky location notification
Run a marathon
Take my dog for a walk

Last edited:

gotshores

Aug 4, 2010
San Antonio
barnacles, this is exactly what i was hoping for man. No disrespect to any of the 2.1 + 3.0 "accents" ROM's, but they just seemed a bit laggy for me (especially when pulling down the notification bar). This feels very quick, has enough extra, but still slim. Appreciate this!

Reactions: slickrick54

NinjaWolf

Dec 28, 2010
California
hey, great job, it looks like you disable the flipclock, since you did that, you might as well finish it off by upgrading the screen from 4x4 to 4x5, as i beleive having the flip animation disables 4x5 and sticks on 4x4 no matter what.

gotshores

Aug 4, 2010
San Antonio
hey barnacles, i noticed when i get a text message on the lock screen that the text message icon is pink....can this be changed :)

edit: also, does anyone know how to update to the latest market? I tried clearing cache and data, but it's a no go.

edit 2: i'm not sure if DTa2sd is set up right, i'm not showing my sd-ext in titanium backup and when i run a2sd check in terminal emulator and it said something about no mount block.

Just trying to be helpful since this is an RC. Don't mean to offend anyone.

Edit again: i flashed the dta2sd beta 4 zip file and it's up and running now. probably something on my end, but if not, i hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

eeeeeeeeek

Dec 17, 2008
Escondido CA
Chop Suey!

I would just like to mention that as I was reading this, "Chop Suey" by system of a down came on octane on sirius radio. Found it rather amusing! Downloading. Always dig anything from you brotha!

m20120

Oct 31, 2008
Northern VA

Welcome to SalvageMod Sense. This is a fun side project I've been working on. SalvageMod Sense is a HTC Sense project based off the Speedy Sense 2.1 upgrade. This does not contain the usual 3.0+2.1 merge you might be used to, and is not the goal of this project. So no asking. I thought I would share this ROM with you guys for anyone wanting a stable sense 2.1 experience.

I am going to download this and take a look. I like the way the 3.0+2.1 builds look but I have had some problems. I have tried Synergy and MikG. Had another bootloop while using the phone again today. I am not sure if the problem is the ROM or the Freedom kernel.

csolarz31

Jan 10, 2009
Norwalk, CT
excellent ROM! nice everyday driver! I second the lock screen pink Icon, if that could be changed that would ideal....Also if you could raise the "lock ring" up a little that would be awesome too!!:D

adamdl97vo

Apr 10, 2011
PDX
The rom is the balls man. I love it. I've never been a big fan of the 3.0+ 2.1 roms. They never seem to work out or they lag too much and the battery life is usually suspect in my eyes. I'll be sticking with your rom for a while barnacles. Thank you.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to SalvageMod Sense. This is a fun side project I've been working on. SalvageMod Sense is a HTC Sense project based off the Speedy Sense 2.1 upgrade. This does not contain the usual 3.0+2.1 merge you might be used to, and is not the goal of this project. So no asking. I thought I would share this ROM with you guys for anyone wanting a stable sense 2.1 experience. The ROM is uploaded to Google Code so if you're interested you may visit the links provided below.

This project features a fairly stock, yet enhanced, sense 2.1 experience. It also features a new kernel based on HTCs source code, ChopSuey. This kernel is open source on Google Code as well, again, links provided below. The kernel is fairly stock with a few additions, but more to come.

Why is it called SalvageMod!? I dunno.. I don't really like coming up with names. SalvageMod took a lot of brain power. At some point, my homie lith might join in and contribute to this one, so I figured we'd keep the team name together.

See the changelog above for detailed changes.

Thanks to leoisright for getting me interested in this port with the very first "alpha" he released. I have been picking away here and there ever since :D

Known issues:
    -Boot animation is broke. Sits on "salvage-mod" but it's booting. Be patient.
    -HDMI out?

: Disclaimer :
    We are not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, or anything that results after using our software. Also know, this is a "release candidate". Although I consider it quite stable, the kernel and ROM are still new to the public. YMMV.
    What does this ROM look like?
    Sense.

To do:
    Implement undervolting
    Allow overclocking
    Add a few more cpu scaling options to the mix
    Few UI changes I have in mind
    Fix boot animation (compression issue I do believe)
    Fix slight alignment issue on lockscreen text previews (almost money)
    Add more options to notification widgets
    Implement some OG salvage goods?
    Clean some more things up. Still a little overweight
    Some system apps needs updating
    Remove pesky location notification
    Run a marathon
    Take my dog for a walk
    barnacles, this is exactly what i was hoping for man. No disrespect to any of the 2.1 + 3.0 "accents" ROM's, but they just seemed a bit laggy for me (especially when pulling down the notification bar). This feels very quick, has enough extra, but still slim. Appreciate this!
    This is probably a stupid question but, in the changelog is says it's based on Android 2.1, does this mean Eclair, or Sense 2.1?

Fixed to be more clear. Sorry about the confusion.
    Does epst work on this rom? I need a stock-ish sense rom to update my profile after radio flash, (doesn't work on synergy or aosp, i.e - the roms I use)

TIA

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Yes it does ...