[Q] Smart Cover On Mahdi. Not working even with the last update

Search This thread

lepolak

Jan 24, 2014
Hey there,

I just started to use Mahdi ROM on my gpad this week, and I find it great for the moment the only thing is that i can't get the smart cover to work....
Any ideas ?

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
It works but for me opening cover only turns on the screen but does not unlock it.
Also the IVSO cover I use seems to have magnets all over and when I fold the front cover over the back the magnets close the lcd screen so I have to leave it open and hanging which is less than idral

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

clemson77on

Jul 15, 2013
It works but for me opening cover only turns on the screen but does not unlock it.
Also the IVSO cover I use seems to have magnets all over and when I fold the front cover over the back the magnets close the lcd screen so I have to leave it open and hanging which is less than idral

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm using the latest Mahdi update along with the IVSO cover and it's working flawlessly. It unlocks and locks immediately when opening and closing the cover.

lepolak

Jan 24, 2014
I'm running the lockscreen that come with the ROM with swipe to unlock. Is there any settings for the smart cover ?

Edit : I'm running Dyn.Kernel r2

Last edited:

k's

Jan 13, 2014
I'm running the lockscreen that come with the ROM with swipe to unlock. Is there any settings for the smart cover ?

Edit : I'm running Dyn.Kernel r2

Running CM11 latest nightly with IVSO cover, I was able to use the smart cover until I flashed Dyn.Kernel r2 kernel to it. I then thought that the other kernel (GPE port) might restore the functionality, nope. It seems like the different kernels are breaking smart cover compatibility somehow. I can only assume the same thing is happening with Mahdi and its CM dependencies.

lepolak

Jan 24, 2014
Running CM11 latest nightly with IVSO cover, I was able to use the smart cover until I flashed Dyn.Kernel r2 kernel to it. I then thought that the other kernel (GPE port) might restore the functionality, nope. It seems like the different kernels are breaking smart cover compatibility somehow. I can only assume the same thing is happening with Mahdi and its CM dependencies.

Too bad because i like this kernel ....