[Q] Help! I may have bricked my phone trying to install cyanogenmod.

Search This thread

websterandy42

Jul 7, 2014
So, i started with this guide until i got recovery installed droidviews.com/root-verizon-droid-razr-m-on-kitkat-firmware/

Then i used the oficial guide to do the rest wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_xt907

But i got an error while side loading (Status 7) and, like an idiot, followed his guide to fix it highonandroid.com/android-roms/how-to-fix-status-7-error-with-cwm-recovery-on-rooted-android/

Now it never leaves the WARNING BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED screen.

I retried and realized that before (Status 7) it says error /tmp/update.zip

So i think ive done goofed.

Any help would be awesome.

Last edited:

killrhythm09

May 3, 2011
California
I'm not clear on what you mean by getting an error while side loading. What is the exact step you started getting problems on?

three west

Dec 28, 2009
Madison, WI
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 6
So, i started with this guide until i got recovery installed droidviews.com/root-verizon-droid-razr-m-on-kitkat-firmware/

Then i used the oficial guide to do the rest wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_xt907

But i got an error while side loading (Status 7) and, like an idiot, followed his guide to fix it highonandroid.com/android-roms/how-to-fix-status-7-error-with-cwm-recovery-on-rooted-android/

Now it never leaves the WARNING BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED screen.

I retried and realized that before (Status 7) it says error /tmp/update.zip

So i think ive done goofed.

Any help would be awesome.

You're in the wrong forum if you have an XT907, this forum is for XT925/6

wonka144

Jul 28, 2013
Not sure where to post this question been reading so many post my eyes are tired......

- XT926 upgraded to kitkat 183.46 last week via flash in RSD from JB 4.1.2
- Root went well DONE (Towel root .apk)
- Unlock went well DONE (Motopocalypse .apk) yes fastboot shows the #3
- Flashed TWRP 2.7.1 DONE (did it using the adb in motopocolypse)
- Backed up my current stock ROM in TWRP seemed to go well the program confirmed the backup was successful...So I thought :(
- Got confident and wanted to try flashing CM11 (Kitkat version)
- After flashing CM11 my phone got stuck at boot like many others have.... no problem I backed up my stock ROM in TWRP.....So I thought :(
- Went to restore my stock ROM using TWRP and yup you guessed it like many others the restore failed half way through

Not a big deal starting fresh can be a good thing BUT I really need my old text messages and all I have is a USB backup of the phone (Internal/SDcard) on my PC and of course the TWRP back-up on the SDcard that won’t restore ...... Is there any way to get these messages back to my phone????

yujikaido79

Oct 15, 2007
Hong Kong
You might be able to use Titanium backup to restore your text messaging app and hope the old text messages are restored too. Thats if titanium backup can extract apps from your twrp backup successfully. Its in the menu and selecting option extract from a nandroid backup. I've only tried it a couple of times myself as I tend to backup my important stuff with titanium and move it to a online storage account. Its worth a shot to get your messages recovered.

Not sure where to post this question been reading so many post my eyes are tired......

- XT926 upgraded to kitkat 183.46 last week via flash in RSD from JB 4.1.2
- Root went well DONE (Towel root .apk)
- Unlock went well DONE (Motopocalypse .apk) yes fastboot shows the #3
- Flashed TWRP 2.7.1 DONE (did it using the adb in motopocolypse)
- Backed up my current stock ROM in TWRP seemed to go well the program confirmed the backup was successful...So I thought :(
- Got confident and wanted to try flashing CM11 (Kitkat version)
- After flashing CM11 my phone got stuck at boot like many others have.... no problem I backed up my stock ROM in TWRP.....So I thought :(
- Went to restore my stock ROM using TWRP and yup you guessed it like many others the restore failed half way through

Not a big deal starting fresh can be a good thing BUT I really need my old text messages and all I have is a USB backup of the phone (Internal/SDcard) on my PC and of course the TWRP back-up on the SDcard that won’t restore ...... Is there any way to get these messages back to my phone????