[App]Official Moto Video Player

Search This thread

robbiev80

Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I did the first time. I did it again, and didn't have any problems (again). Maybe what I'm missing is how to actually play videos with this player? When I open a video file, I don't have a new listing/app option. I'm also very interesting in the streaming features the OP mentioned.

Try navigating to /system/app and double click on the apk file and install it... Hope that works.

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
So the app works for me as a replacement video player for local files, but does anyone know how to make it replace the stock video player (I assume that's a component of Gallery) for online streaming MP4 video?

(Thanks in advance!)

Sejanus

Jul 2, 2009
Breslau, Ontario
It may be an issue with how I have PMS configured (which is basically stock) but using uPNPlayer and the signed VideoPlayer.apk (I'm not root) I keep on getting "Error File cannot be displayed or played."

It plays fine with RockPlayer Lite.

mscroggi

Jan 21, 2010
I installed it.. it works fine. but I see no reason to switch to it.. Personally I find moboplayer to be the best.. I find the doubletwist and Meridian to be good choices as well.

Arun01

Feb 6, 2011
Vital player is the best player I ever used on the xoom

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official motorola video player

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DNRIA0D

Download to device and install (may not download with xoom itself so dl using a PC and transfer to Xoom storage)

If install fails for any reason:
    Place in system / app using root explorer or adb
    then restsrt device
    I got it from my moto atrix for whatever reason its not installed on the xoom

Powerful player and works with upnplay for streaming 720p content from ur home network unlike rock player or vplayer (slow and audio video sync issues)
    Tried installing using the directions posted, no luck. Could you give a little more info on install/use please?

1) download file on your pc (it wouldn't work when I downloaded straight on my xoom)
    2) move the file over to your "sdcard"
    3) open Root Explorer (make sure you are rooted)
    4) move the file on your sd card over to /system/app (make sure /system/app is in r/w mode)

The end.
    Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I did the first time. I did it again, and didn't have any problems (again). Maybe what I'm missing is how to actually play videos with this player? When I open a video file, I don't have a new listing/app option. I'm also very interesting in the streaming features the OP mentioned.

Most likely you have already defined one of your Multimedia apps as default player. Go to Settings>Applications and find your video players. One of them will have the "Launch by default" set. If you clear that you should be able to see the list of choices again when playing a video file.
    I Signed the APK now you can install it, at least it worked for me. OP if you want to download this and repost it I will delete this file after. Thanks for posting.