Search This thread

ReaperXL2

Mar 6, 2011
Manchester
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Xperience.cyanogeN Presents...

Nitrogen [Android UnChained]

Description...

Nitrogen [Android UnChained] is based on official CM7 sources for base then modified to give exceptional levels of performance, audio & aesthetics...

Whether you are a social networking nut, Major Gamer or casual user, Nitrogen can cater to all requirements without breaking a sweat...

screenshot2013032501144.png
shot000004ace2013032501.png
shot000005ace2013032501.png
shot000007ace2013032501.png
shot000008ace2013032501.png
shot000006ace2013032501.png

For a full Suite of Nitrogen screens, please visit our Dev page : Here

Known Bugs...

A 1 pixel discrepancy with the battery Icon... That is all... No other bugs... :cool:

Kernel Sources for @dragonnn FireKernel are here : Git Link

Psndna88 Mem-Mod Source is here : Original Thread

Credits & Respect...

1. Zeppelinrox for direction on OOM & ADJ values... Studying his Supercharger helped me a lot with these...

2. Dragonn for original FireKernel...

3. PSNDNA88 for Modifying Firekernel with MemMod V3 modification...

4. Aniket{The"A"Factor]More for further Kernel modification & cleanup of un-needed crap in kernel...

5. Nims11 for StatusBar Icons (they are totally cool bro)

6. Geva28 for original & updated Audio libs...

7. Imbawind for direction & code snippets from "Adrenaline Engine"

8. Various Devs for supplying the various tweaks, advice & tutorials that enabled me to build this rom...

9. $$ Dinesh $$ for being my support Themer who's contributions have been invaluable...

10. @GinLemon for his truly superb launcher...

Features Included...

1. completely modified UI & status bar/expanded window etc...

2. Unique "Smart" launcher is simply beautiful... Fast & Smooth is the order of the day here...

3. Internal /data used for swap (no sd card degradation from swap) & Internal mem Xpanded (size of Ext4 partition dictates size of Internal storage) eg. 1gb Ext4 = approx 800mb internal storage, 2gb Ext4 = approx 1.75gb internal and so on... You get the idea !!! ;)

4. 100% lag free system at all times...

5. Full BLN support...

6. Custom D4rkBeats Audio, tweaked to produce outstanding levels of High, Mid & Bass frequencies with minimal levels of distrtion at high volume levels... This rom has been described as an "Audio Nirvana"...

7. Ram optimization is in effect giving excellent system ram management...

8. GPU lib tweaks giving superior levels of gaming never seen before on Ace (without Chainfire 3D anywhere in sight)...(UI is rendered by GPU as default but the system can utilize 2D emulation when apps or games require them... this gives outstanding GPU performance across the board, regardless of current activity...

9. Network & wifi data throughput tweaks giving fast data transfer speeds... Makes online gaming a joy & downloading a breeze :highfive:

10. Dalvik VM tweaks to enhance system performance...

11. OC stable at 902mhz (tested for 1 week at this level on my Ace)...

12. Battery tweaks to give longer uptime & better sleep savings...

13. Zipalign & SQlite database optimisations...

14. many more things that I'll leave you to discover for yourselves...:eek:

*** Important Information 1 ***

For Error Free flashing, we recommend "Px Touch Recovery" : Here

Just Place the zip file in "Root" of SD card, no need to mount anything, Flash & re-boot into recovery... Job done :laugh:

*** Important Information 2 ***

Nitrogen requires an Ext4 partition to Boot & function optimally...
If you have Ext3, do not dispair... Download PSN's Ext4 conversion tool from us : Here

Place the tool .zip in "Root" of SD card, no need to mount anything, Flash the conversion tool, Job done... No re-boot needed :good:

*** Rom Download ***

Nitrogen [Android UnChained] : Here

Nitrogen [Android UnChained][Revision1] : To be added later

Installation Instructions...

1. boot into recovery...

2. Perform the full system wipe procedure...

3. Flash the rom "Nitrogen [Android UnChained]...

4. Re-boot your phone...

First boot will take a little while as there are a lot of data files to move during boot... please be patient, you won't be disappointed :p

*** Recommended Apps ***

1. Jet Audio free/Plus... Jet is the most accomplished music player available & its EQ functions are extraordinarily good...
The perfect match for our D4rkBeats Audio... (audio setup instructions can be given if required... Just ask ok :good:...

2. BLN Free/Pro (paid)... You need it to use "Back Light Notification" function...

We hope that you peeps will have as much fun using our rom as We have had making it...

Please do not forget to visit our Dev page for further info on upcoming projects & releases : Here

*** Please use FB Dev page for reference only, Download the Rom from XDA thread NOT FB page ***

Thanx

=============================================================================================

Last edited:

ReaperXL2

Mar 6, 2011
Manchester
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Nitrogen [Android UnChained][Patch3] is released...

This patch is for peeps already using Nitrogen...

Peeps downloading for the first time, download the "Revised" Nitrogen rom from above...

All our patches are Comulative meaning that previous patch content is included where relevent, no other prior patches are needed !!!...

* ChangeLog & Fix's *

1. Button selection indicators within menu's (mis-shaped) now fixed...

2. "Clear All" button in notification expanded window now reduced in size (was too big), fixed...

3. Gpu clock speeds adjusted for faster rendering speed...

4. adjustments to 2D / 3D rendering engine (gives better rendering performance)...

5. SD "Read-Ahead" speed adjusted (gives faster read/write speed to system when running apps from SD)...

6. Minor adjustments to ram management...

* Installation Instructions *

1a. Download Patch3 from "Dev-host" : Here

1b. Download Patch3 from "ZippyShare" : Here

2. Place patch in "Root" of SD card...

3. No need to mount anything, Just flash the patch...

4. Go to "Advanced Options" in CWM & select "Fix Permissions"...

5. Re-boot phone, Job done...

Enjoy the latest version of Nitrogen...

Last edited:

snowfire88

Aug 26, 2011
Mumbai
Great Job

Been following your worl since long on FB. Glad to see that you have finally released this amazing rom on XDA as well. Have to say, that your team has matured beautifully in all aspects. Performance was never a problem with your roms, but you have found the sweet spot aesthetically as well. The rom looks different enough to set itself apart without looking tacky or over the top. Definitely my daily driver for some time to come until your next project comes along. :D You hinted that it would be on JB, keeping my fingers crossed! :fingers-crossed: Thank you once again for this monster of a rom. Keep up the good work guys! :good: :)

sgasgs4

Mar 24, 2013
Wohooo! You rock man

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

this rom is a speed freak!

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Awesome rom, installed yesterday from your Facebook page, have to say it is one of the best roms I have ever tried. Guys plz keep your work alive.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
What is different from the xda version or the fb version

Dine$h

Feb 27, 2013
www.facebook.com
Hi, how long we must wait after flash to run this rom ? i'm waiting 12 minutes and nothing has happen.

Hey Dude,
Do u Hav An Ext 4 Partition On ur SD card.
I m sure that will be the cause of ur problem,Bcoz This Rom Specially Requires n Ext 4 Partition (else it will not boot).
Remember no swap partition to b created.
Also if u hav ny other EXT partition than u can download the EXT 4 conversion tool n convert ur other Ext partition to EXT 4 partition given above in the Download Link.
Hope This Solves ur problem ;)

ReaperXL2

Mar 6, 2011
Manchester
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi, how long we must wait after flash to run this rom ? i'm waiting 12 minutes and nothing has happen.

Bro, If you are waiting 12 minutes, then you have gone wrong somewhere, seriously... If you fulfill all the pr-requisites then you will definitely NOT have a problem with this rom...

Are you using standard CWM or Px touch as we recommended ??? Have you got an Ext4 partition ? Do you have a swap file or partition on SD? If so get rid of it, it will interfere with the internal swap of the kernel...

Satisfy the above queries, then do full wipe & flash again... Boot should only take 3 - mins max for first boot, second boot onwards takes about 20 seconds :)

Hope this helps bro...

FYI : This rom has been on general release on our FB dev page for days now in its original & patched itteration... No-one has had any issues with boot or flashing when using Px recovery ;)

mizukage

Aug 25, 2011
Legazpi
Hey Dude,
Do u Hav An Ext 4 Partition On ur SD card.
I m sure that will be the cause of ur problem,Bcoz This Rom Specially Requires n Ext 4 Partition (else it will not boot).
Remember no swap partition to b created.
Also if u hav ny other EXT partition than u can download the EXT 4 conversion tool n convert ur other Ext partition to EXT 4 partition given above in the Download Link.
Hope This Solves ur problem ;)

hi just want to ask on flashing, correct me if i am wrong:

1st flash is px recovery [shud we be on stock example xxkpt and flash px recovery? will px same as CWM recovery?shud we flash first the 'Roor.zip to have SU and the flash PX RECOVERY?]

2nd flash PSN's Ext4 conversion tool [after flashing the tool are we going to create ext partition via px recovery like what we r always doing in CWM just to have sd-ext or just put in sd card > flash and will it automaticaaly create ext4 partition?]

3rd and final is this step:

1. boot into recovery...

4. Re-boot your phone...

First boot will take a little while as there are a lot of data files to move during boot... please be patient, you won't be disappointed

ReaperXL2

Mar 6, 2011
Manchester
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Wohooo! You rock man

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

this rom is a speed freak!

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

What is different from the xda version or the fb version

FB version has unlocked (full) apps etc (no restrictions)... FB version required a performance update patch, whereas XDA version has the patch already included...

Hope this helps to remove confusion bro :)

Reactions: Silentbob999

golfgtiedition30

Dec 2, 2012
Sony Xperia Z
Samsung Galaxy Ace II
I've been using this beast for a few days now as I was following your progress on your FB page.
Ill say again this is THE best,most stable and fastest CM7 rom I have used,and I've tried a few!
I'm really looking forward too any updates you may have planned.
Top work guys :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

SoFvip

Aug 8, 2011
i also test this rom for couple days and must say
You did great work, it works perfect and
today i also apply patch for facebook version
and i fill that my ace gona fly now :) :good::good::good:

prateek_gemini

Nov 10, 2011
Amazed at the skills of developers.... never thought i would still be surprised from GB rom.... Thanks alot guys...

ReaperXL2

Mar 6, 2011
Manchester
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
hi just want to ask on flashing, correct me if i am wrong:

1st flash is px recovery [shud we be on stock example xxkpt and flash px recovery? will px same as CWM recovery?shud we flash first the 'Roor.zip to have SU and the flash PX RECOVERY?]

2nd flash PSN's Ext4 conversion tool [after flashing the tool are we going to create ext partition via px recovery like what we r always doing in CWM just to have sd-ext or just put in sd card > flash and will it automaticaaly create ext4 partition?]

3rd and final is this step:

1. boot into recovery...

4. Re-boot your phone...

First boot will take a little while as there are a lot of data files to move during boot... please be patient, you won't be disappointed

Hey bro... Ok it's time for some keyboard gymnastics, hehehe ;)

Px Touch Recovery can be flashed while on stock or while on custom rom... As long as you are rooted, it makes no difference which rom you are currently using (stock/custom)...

1. are you rooted ? if "yes" then no need to root (elementary), If "No" then get rooted (no offence, hahaha)...

2. Assuming you are rooted, do you have CWM 4/5 installed? If "Yes" then Flash "Px Touch Recovery" using standard flash method... If "No" then flash CWM4/5 first then upgrade by flashing "Px Touch Recovery" over the top of them to prevent errors when flashing...

3a. Do you have an Ext4 partition already? If "Yes" then No need to do anything here, If "No" your Ext is Ext3, then flash the PSN Ext3 - Ext4 conversion tool that we have provided, job done...

3b. If you have no ext partition at all, then you are in a bad place & need to create one asap for custom roms to boot & operate correctly.. FYI : Ext partitions must be User created, it is not possible for the rom to do this

4. If you have any swap partition or swap file on SD, then delete them... They are not required for our rom & will interfere with the native operation of swap which is taken care of internally by the kernel & internal /data partition of the phone...

5. Once you satisfy all the above criteria (sounds a lot to do, but isn't in reality), then & only then are you in a position to flash the rom...

Remember to perform full wipe procedure prior to flashing the rom ok...

Hope that this helps you to have a trouble free experience whilst using our works bro...

Stay Breezy n Be Lucky...:good:

Pe"ACE"...:cool:...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperience.cyanogeN Presents...

Nitrogen [Android UnChained]

Description...

Nitrogen [Android UnChained] is based on official CM7 sources for base then modified to give exceptional levels of performance, audio & aesthetics...

Whether you are a social networking nut, Major Gamer or casual user, Nitrogen can cater to all requirements without breaking a sweat...

screenshot2013032501144.png
    shot000004ace2013032501.png
    shot000005ace2013032501.png
    shot000007ace2013032501.png
    shot000008ace2013032501.png
    shot000006ace2013032501.png

For a full Suite of Nitrogen screens, please visit our Dev page : Here

Known Bugs...

A 1 pixel discrepancy with the battery Icon... That is all... No other bugs... :cool:

Kernel Sources for @dragonnn FireKernel are here : Git Link

Psndna88 Mem-Mod Source is here : Original Thread

Credits & Respect...

1. Zeppelinrox for direction on OOM & ADJ values... Studying his Supercharger helped me a lot with these...

2. Dragonn for original FireKernel...

3. PSNDNA88 for Modifying Firekernel with MemMod V3 modification...

4. Aniket{The"A"Factor]More for further Kernel modification & cleanup of un-needed crap in kernel...

5. Nims11 for StatusBar Icons (they are totally cool bro)

6. Geva28 for original & updated Audio libs...

7. Imbawind for direction & code snippets from "Adrenaline Engine"

8. Various Devs for supplying the various tweaks, advice & tutorials that enabled me to build this rom...

9. $$ Dinesh $$ for being my support Themer who's contributions have been invaluable...

10. @GinLemon for his truly superb launcher...

Features Included...

1. completely modified UI & status bar/expanded window etc...

2. Unique "Smart" launcher is simply beautiful... Fast & Smooth is the order of the day here...

3. Internal /data used for swap (no sd card degradation from swap) & Internal mem Xpanded (size of Ext4 partition dictates size of Internal storage) eg. 1gb Ext4 = approx 800mb internal storage, 2gb Ext4 = approx 1.75gb internal and so on... You get the idea !!! ;)

4. 100% lag free system at all times...

5. Full BLN support...

6. Custom D4rkBeats Audio, tweaked to produce outstanding levels of High, Mid & Bass frequencies with minimal levels of distrtion at high volume levels... This rom has been described as an "Audio Nirvana"...

7. Ram optimization is in effect giving excellent system ram management...

8. GPU lib tweaks giving superior levels of gaming never seen before on Ace (without Chainfire 3D anywhere in sight)...(UI is rendered by GPU as default but the system can utilize 2D emulation when apps or games require them... this gives outstanding GPU performance across the board, regardless of current activity...

9. Network & wifi data throughput tweaks giving fast data transfer speeds... Makes online gaming a joy & downloading a breeze :highfive:

10. Dalvik VM tweaks to enhance system performance...

11. OC stable at 902mhz (tested for 1 week at this level on my Ace)...

12. Battery tweaks to give longer uptime & better sleep savings...

13. Zipalign & SQlite database optimisations...

14. many more things that I'll leave you to discover for yourselves...:eek:

*** Important Information 1 ***

For Error Free flashing, we recommend "Px Touch Recovery" : Here

Just Place the zip file in "Root" of SD card, no need to mount anything, Flash & re-boot into recovery... Job done :laugh:

*** Important Information 2 ***

Nitrogen requires an Ext4 partition to Boot & function optimally...
    If you have Ext3, do not dispair... Download PSN's Ext4 conversion tool from us : Here

Place the tool .zip in "Root" of SD card, no need to mount anything, Flash the conversion tool, Job done... No re-boot needed :good:

*** Rom Download ***

Nitrogen [Android UnChained] : Here

Nitrogen [Android UnChained][Revision1] : To be added later

1. boot into recovery...

4. Re-boot your phone...

First boot will take a little while as there are a lot of data files to move during boot... please be patient, you won't be disappointed :p

*** Recommended Apps ***

1. Jet Audio free/Plus... Jet is the most accomplished music player available & its EQ functions are extraordinarily good...
    The perfect match for our D4rkBeats Audio... (audio setup instructions can be given if required... Just ask ok :good:...

2. BLN Free/Pro (paid)... You need it to use "Back Light Notification" function...

We hope that you peeps will have as much fun using our rom as We have had making it...

Please do not forget to visit our Dev page for further info on upcoming projects & releases : Here

*** Please use FB Dev page for reference only, Download the Rom from XDA thread NOT FB page ***

Thanx

=============================================================================================
    Nitrogen [Android UnChained][Patch3] is released...

This patch is for peeps already using Nitrogen...

Peeps downloading for the first time, download the "Revised" Nitrogen rom from above...

All our patches are Comulative meaning that previous patch content is included where relevent, no other prior patches are needed !!!...

* ChangeLog & Fix's *

1. Button selection indicators within menu's (mis-shaped) now fixed...

2. "Clear All" button in notification expanded window now reduced in size (was too big), fixed...

3. Gpu clock speeds adjusted for faster rendering speed...

4. adjustments to 2D / 3D rendering engine (gives better rendering performance)...

5. SD "Read-Ahead" speed adjusted (gives faster read/write speed to system when running apps from SD)...

6. Minor adjustments to ram management...

* Installation Instructions *

1a. Download Patch3 from "Dev-host" : Here

1b. Download Patch3 from "ZippyShare" : Here

2. Place patch in "Root" of SD card...

3. No need to mount anything, Just flash the patch...

4. Go to "Advanced Options" in CWM & select "Fix Permissions"...

5. Re-boot phone, Job done...

Enjoy the latest version of Nitrogen...
    So F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. after Iterative Developing approach for many months.... this Rom has been Released here at last !!!!!

The Fastest Rom ever made for Ace !!!!!
    Awesome work bro...!!!