[MOD] Stock Xperia Home with Custom (User) Icon/Text Sizes, and More... - 10.2.A.3.47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Requeriments:
- Root and/or Unlocked Bootloader

Install:
TRY IT OUT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
1. Download version you want (attached)
2. Replace the stock apk located at /system/app/ or at /system/priv-app/ (new firmwares) by downloaded one (do not ask me how to do that)
3. Reboot
4. Done!

How to perform changes:
1. Run commands below in an adb shell terminal (copy, paste and hit enter):

Icon Size (change ** to a positive number, like 48)
Code:
settings put system xx_xperia_home_CUSTOM_ICON_SIZE [B][COLOR="Blue"]**[/COLOR][/B]

Text Size (change ** to a positive number, like 12)
Code:
settings put system xx_xperia_home_CUSTOM_TEXT_SIZE [B][COLOR="Blue"]**[/COLOR][/B]

- User values will always override Large and Small icon size
- Setting up 0 as value will reset to stock value!

Search/Suggestion Panel + Down Swipe Gesture (Desktop and App Drawer) (change ** to 0 to disable or 1 to enable)
Code:
settings put system xx_xperia_home_SUGGESTION_PANEL_ENABLED [B][COLOR="Blue"]**[/COLOR][/B]

Auto Hide Desktop Page Indicators (change ** to 1 to auto hide or 0 to always visible)
Code:
settings put system xx_xperia_home_DESKTOP_AUTO_HIDE_PAGE_INDICATORS [B][COLOR="Blue"]**[/COLOR][/B]

Auto Hide App Drawer Page Indicators (change ** to 1 to auto hide or 0 to always visible)
Code:
settings put system xx_xperia_home_APP_DRAWER_AUTO_HIDE_PAGE_INDICATORS [B][COLOR="Blue"]**[/COLOR][/B]

How to apply changes:
1. While at your home screen, run command below in an adb shell terminal (copy, paste and hit enter):
Code:
am broadcast -a xx_xperia_home_RECRIATE-ME

- You can also force stop Xperia Home (Settings > Apps > Xperia Home) or just reboot the device

FAQ:
- Did you edit any xml files? No, smali files only!
- Do I need this? No!
- Does this need root? I think so!
- What can I do if something goes wrong? Restore your backup!
- Will you add more features? No, but I will try to always keep this mod up to date, with latest Xperia Home version (releasing asap)

Xposed Framework:
When the Xposed Framework for Android N + is released (maybe it will be released someday), I will stop development here and close this thread!

Special thanks:
- Sony
- apkmirror.com

Enjoy it!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 3,621
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 3,585
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 3,591
  • com.sonyericsson.home_10.2.A.3.24_By_Serajr.apk
    5.2 MB · Views: 969
  • com.sonymobile.home_10.2.A.3.47_By_Serajr.apk
    5.5 MB · Views: 830
Last edited:

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Changelog:

10.2.A.3.47 - 06/Sep/2017
- Xperia Home Beta 10.2.A.3.47
- New package name: com.sonymobile.home

10.2.A.3.24 - 25/Jun/2017
- Xperia Home Beta 10.2.A.3.24
- Added three more features

10.2.A.3.24 - 16/Jun/2017

Last edited:

whalesplaho

Feb 1, 2012
Treasure Island
16 views and 1 thank? It's bad guys, lets show support to developer...

Icon= 42
Text= 9:good::victory::good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170617-004812.png
    Screenshot_20170617-004812.png
    255 KB · Views: 907
Reactions: vooR9er

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Please make pagination marker hidden in homescreen!!!
Thanks.

It's not worth wasting more time adding new functions to this mod, as you can see, people didn't like it.
Anyway, I will continue to update this mod with new versions of xperia home, but this time only for me (I'll not share it anymore).

Thread closed!!

Edit:
@whalesplaho
Done!

Last edited:

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
@whalesplaho you can decompile xperia home and edit it in res/values/bools.xml
Why make it my bro @serajr so hard if you know how apktool works :(

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F8331 met Tapatalk
It's because mentioned feature is now part of this mod, read OP!

Pagination marker still not hidden brov.... @serajr
Thumbups brov.. :highfive::victory:
Did you enter the right command to hide it? Please double check it!

jose404

May 25, 2014
Montpellier
@serajr Hi, i've a question but don't know if it's more useful here or the other thread (the one cited below), because knowing that you've worked a long time on Xperia devices...
I tweaked my phone to hide navbar like this thread: https://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/general/guide-hide-navigation-bar-status-bar-app-t3509747
So I was wondering if there was possibility of expanding Xperia Home and App Drawer down because like you see in the pictures below there is a "blank" space that i can't use. Any idea?
vYpXITPl.png
iN1DiGOl.png

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
@serajr Hi, i've a question but don't know if it's more useful here or the other thread (the one cited below), because knowing that you've worked a long time on Xperia devices...
I tweaked my phone to hide navbar like this thread: https://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/general/guide-hide-navigation-bar-status-bar-app-t3509747
So I was wondering if there was possibility of expanding Xperia Home and App Drawer down because like you see in the pictures below there is a "blank" space that i can't use. Any idea?
vYpXITPl.png
iN1DiGOl.png
Without xposed, no way! Ofc there's how to do that, but you need to play with SystemUI.apk too and sync both apk's code (a trully hell on earth with smali editing).
Anyway... Great job ;)

Reactions: 1jkan and jose404
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requeriments:
    - Root and/or Unlocked Bootloader

Install:
    TRY IT OUT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
    1. Download version you want (attached)
    2. Replace the stock apk located at /system/app/ or at /system/priv-app/ (new firmwares) by downloaded one (do not ask me how to do that)
    3. Reboot
    4. Done!

How to perform changes:
    1. Run commands below in an adb shell terminal (copy, paste and hit enter):

Icon Size (change ** to a positive number, like 48)
    Code:
    settings put system xx_xperia_home_CUSTOM_ICON_SIZE [B][COLOR="Blue"]**[/COLOR][/B]

Text Size (change ** to a positive number, like 12)
    Code:
    settings put system xx_xperia_home_CUSTOM_TEXT_SIZE [B][COLOR="Blue"]**[/COLOR][/B]

- User values will always override Large and Small icon size
    - Setting up 0 as value will reset to stock value!

Search/Suggestion Panel + Down Swipe Gesture (Desktop and App Drawer) (change ** to 0 to disable or 1 to enable)
    Code:
    settings put system xx_xperia_home_SUGGESTION_PANEL_ENABLED [B][COLOR="Blue"]**[/COLOR][/B]

Auto Hide Desktop Page Indicators (change ** to 1 to auto hide or 0 to always visible)
    Code:
    settings put system xx_xperia_home_DESKTOP_AUTO_HIDE_PAGE_INDICATORS [B][COLOR="Blue"]**[/COLOR][/B]

Auto Hide App Drawer Page Indicators (change ** to 1 to auto hide or 0 to always visible)
    Code:
    settings put system xx_xperia_home_APP_DRAWER_AUTO_HIDE_PAGE_INDICATORS [B][COLOR="Blue"]**[/COLOR][/B]

How to apply changes:
    1. While at your home screen, run command below in an adb shell terminal (copy, paste and hit enter):
    Code:
    am broadcast -a xx_xperia_home_RECRIATE-ME

- You can also force stop Xperia Home (Settings > Apps > Xperia Home) or just reboot the device

FAQ:
    - Did you edit any xml files? No, smali files only!
    - Do I need this? No!
    - Does this need root? I think so!
    - What can I do if something goes wrong? Restore your backup!
    - Will you add more features? No, but I will try to always keep this mod up to date, with latest Xperia Home version (releasing asap)

Xposed Framework:
    When the Xposed Framework for Android N + is released (maybe it will be released someday), I will stop development here and close this thread!

Special thanks:
    - Sony
    - apkmirror.com

Enjoy it!
    Changelog:

10.2.A.3.47 - 06/Sep/2017
    - Xperia Home Beta 10.2.A.3.47
    - New package name: com.sonymobile.home

10.2.A.3.24 - 25/Jun/2017
    - Added three more features

10.2.A.3.24 - 16/Jun/2017
    Discontinued!

As I stated in the OP (it can be read under Xposed Framework), I am closing this thread.

A new Xposed module for the latest Xperia Home (11.0.A.0.1) is ready and will be out soon (very soon).
    The new module will have full compatibility with the android LP, MM and N (ofc). Stay tuned!

Discussions on the subject, please, here!

Thread closed!!
    There is latest home brov....
    Thank you bro!!

Bro @serajr can you update to latest .25 and then to try to make 7 icons on dock you know 6 apps and home button ? I love that ^^
    I'll try to to that when time allows me (no eta), but I can't promisse new features!
    Please make pagination marker hidden in homescreen!!!
    Thanks.

It's not worth wasting more time adding new functions to this mod, as you can see, people didn't like it.
    Anyway, I will continue to update this mod with new versions of xperia home, but this time only for me (I'll not share it anymore).

Thread closed!!

Edit:
    @whalesplaho
    Done!