[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies / Releases [EOL]

Search This thread

fidoedidoe

Mar 27, 2011
Has anyone tried this with F2FS file system on /cache & /data?! Anything to watch out for, I'm assuming i'll need to finish off any rom flash by flashing "ace_f2fs_fstab_script_cm12_v3.zip" right?!

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Has anyone tried this with F2FS file system on /cache & /data?! Anything to watch out for, I'm assuming i'll need to finish off any rom flash by flashing "ace_f2fs_fstab_script_cm12_v3.zip" right?!
I haven't tried but it should work without any extra zip files. Same commits that enabled support for F2FS in 12.0 seem to be in place for 12.1. This doesn't mean it will work though, just that it should work. :)

graziano68

Mar 10, 2015
Rome
I would update to 12.1 but... which is current feedback with CyanogenMod 12.1 ? Anyone can report please ?
Time to boot , lags ...are there (currently) valid reasons to upgrade from CyanogenMod 12 ( currently I am in love with CyanogenMod 12 , great work :) ) ?

Last edited:

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
xdagee.github.io
Google Pixel 7
All About L Part II [Quick Breakdown]

OTA Updates
We’ve taken a lot of effort to make sure that should you jump from CM11 to 12.1 or 12.0 to 12.1, your data will stick with you.

Superuser (Root Privileges)
Integrated in Privacy Guard.
Settings > Privacy > Privacy Guard for these controls (long press an app in this view to see all permissions it’s requesting and manage them accordingly).

Trebuchet
Trebuchet can now toggle between the traditional paged layout view of your app drawer and a new vertical layout – complete with quick scrubber to locate your needed app at a much improved pace (looking at you Uber). Find the setting in the overview drawer in Trebuchet (long press Trebuchet home screen, then slide the panel up).

Settings app (What's new)
added the top level on/off switches to Wireless settings (WiFi, BT, etc).
reduced the length of the settings dashboard
notification management
notification drawer
security and lockscreen settings
Navigation ring targets and Lock screen shortcuts have new configuration views

LiveDisplay
LiveDisplay is our new go to for panel calibration – color temperature, automated effective times, lower power consumption, screen color and color calibration. The final result brings something akin to f.lux control to your Android device (please note that the range of controls available will vary by device hardware and what your device actually supports).

Ambient Display (hardware dependent)
12/12.1 now makes it even easier to digest your content at-a-glance, and decide if notifications are worth your time.

nightlies, nightlies, nightlies ...
Happy Flashing... :laugh:
Source

13lack13ox

Mar 30, 2012
*Bows down to the developer gods, while chanting.. " We are not worthy...we are not worthy..we are not worthy.."

You guys simply rock, KEEP ON ROCKIN'! :D

Tao309

Feb 28, 2014
Yakutsk
=(

I was Installed cm-12.1-20150408-UNOFFICIAL-ace.

Turn up device.
Look at loading screen for 25 minutes, when loading is finished, I saw black screen, one time i saw first menu from CM and notice: keyboard is closed (crashed), and i can't disable black screen.
I reboot the device, and waiting loading again for 5 minutes, after i saw "first menu" for 1 second and black screen, wait and saw CM menu.
After greeting menu, i go to main screen and saw notice : ram is not enough for system, need minimum 250Mb space. I can't hide this notice.

System have much lags

Loading screen is too long :crying:

Last edited:

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
xdagee.github.io
Google Pixel 7
CM12.1 Quick Review [build 20150405]

After some few days of cm12.1 here are my takes
am not talking about features over here.
am looking at what has improved over cm12 and the improvement for our device. :)

first i ended up in a serious mess after flashing gapps minimal edition by jajb but thankfully am back on track with the latest build 20150404 everything works fine. :)

my little advice is that,
you flash cm-12.1-2015xxxx-UNOFFICIAL-ace build first, setup your device, wait for it to settle for some minutes.
flash gapps-5.1.x-2015xxxx-minimal-edition-signed.
experience the sweetness :p

little hicups
when setting up owner name under settings->users You(Owner) a dialogue box appears below that "the contact doesn't exit"

fix
sign in your gmail account. (i.e if you haven't)

cLock cannot automatically detect geolocation, unless set it manually.
this is also seen in cm12 (but i cant actually remember the build when i first discoreved it :()

fix
with the help of gapps, gps automatically detect your location, so flashing gapps fixes it.

screen pinning now works with hw keys
touch and hold back overview at the same time to unpin

aside that everything works fine on my side.

best regards
xdagee

Last edited:

nijawang

Feb 11, 2012
I have two questions for CM12.1:

Q1: What does this statement really mean?
///////////////////////////////
We’ve taken a lot of effort to make sure that should you jump from CM11 to 12.1 or 12.0 to 12.1, your data will stick with you.
Does it mean I could upgrade from CM12 to CM12.1 thru OTA?

Q2: If I want to flash GAPPS 5.1, do I need to wipe GAPPS 5.0.2's /system or /data before flash it?
Or just flash it?

Thank you.

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
xdagee.github.io
Google Pixel 7
I have two questions for CM12.1:

Q1: What does this statement really mean?
Does it mean I could upgrade from CM12 to CM12.1 thru OTA?

Q2: If I want to flash GAPPS 5.1, do I need to wipe GAPPS 5.0.2's /system or /data before flash it?
Or just flash it?

Thank you.

Exactly what it means.
CM is making it as possible as you can to upgrade from CM11 upwards without any issues through OTA update.
Which Mustaavalkosta is also trying as much as possible to make it available to all of us on our legacy device.
no matter where you are.

Well if you still have doubts, here is what CM has to say about Android 5.1
Android 5.1

As we planned in the last blog post, the 5.1 code has officially migrated out of the staging branches and become the full fledge cm-12.1 branch. What does this mean? This means that we have fully merged in the upstream AOSP Android-5.1.0_r3 tag, implemented most (if not all) of the CM 12.0 features and begun focusing on hardware bring-up for our roster of devices. This also means that the buildbots can be switched over for CM 12.1 nightlies at any time. So what are we waiting for? We want you to ‘dirty flash’.

Dirty flashing is what some enthusiast have referred to as flashing one ROM zip on top of another. This is usually used to express that an adverse reaction (be it crashes or bootloops) would result from taking such an action.

In CM, we call this “updating normally” :)

The normal causes of issues when crossing across major versions of Android is not the update process itself, but usually items external to the ROM – for example ‘gapps’. In fact, Android has (for hopefully obvious reasons) mechanisms to gracefully update your settings and app databases, allowing updates between versions without loss of data – it would be insane for you to take a stock OTA update from your OEM and lose your data; that would not be a good experience.

To make sure we also retain your data on updates, Android makes use of database upgrades, modifying the tables of information that store your settings and making sure they work with what Lollipop expects. We’ve taken a lot of effort to make sure that should you jump from CM11 to 12.1 or 12.0 to 12.1, your data will stick with you. For external packages, you’ll have to update that yourself, but 12.1 is near-ready for the big leagues. Stay tuned for those nightlies to roll out soon.

So, about those user space changes and features in CyanogenMod 12/12.1? Here’s a rundown of the most immediate.

Reactions: pat99

nijawang

Feb 11, 2012
After greeting menu, i go to main screen and saw notice : ram is not enough for system, need minimum 250Mb space. I can't hide this notice.

You could try paulb_nl's solution "Remove bootanimation.zip from /system/media. That worked for me."
http://xdaforums.com/htc-desire-hd/help/qa-cyanogenmod-12-1-nightlies-t3070619

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Or just flash it?

I got the answer from GAPPS thread: http://xdaforums.com/android/software/app-minimal-gapps-gapps-lp-20150107-1-t2997368
:)

Reactions: Tao309

fidoedidoe

Mar 27, 2011
Quick question. I have a message "Storage Space Running Out. Not enough storage for system. Make sure you have 250Mb of free storage and restart". I doubt it's a ROM issue (most likely user issue). It's a clean install (pretty sure i wiped everything) installed 12.1 (20150405) and gapps-510-base-20150404-signed.zip. with no other app installed. Should I just start again, wipe install - just wondering whether my partitions sizes are configured incorrectly (i.e. too small) - is there any scripts out there where i can verify the size of the system partition?!

graziano68

Mar 10, 2015
Rome
Hello

OTA updates will be allowed also for people like me which have S-ON (which need to flash boot.img separately?)

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM12.1 Lollipop Nightlies brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10, 10.1, 11.0 and 12.0 builds. Builds are generated automatically on daily basis. Process starts around 00:30 PST/PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • kylon
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-12.1-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-12.1-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

InspireMod

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.8
    • Branch: cm-12.1
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: ace_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies / Releases [EOL], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl, kylon, Phantom Shadow
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-04-02
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    aceopt

"aceopt" builds seem to be working decently for the things I wanted to test them before releasing them with installation instructions so here we go.

Disclaimer: You will lose everything on your sdcard if you follow these instructions so take appropriate steps to secure your data before continuing. Also this will be a "clean flash" from the start due to different partition layout.

Prerequisites:
    • TWRP 2.8.7.0 for aceopt by @jrior001
    • aceopt build of your choosing
    • Gapps and addons if you want them. IIRC, there was around 400-500MB space left on new /system partition after flashing base gapps package so there's a bit more room for addons.
    • If you have already partitioned your sdcard you may want to repartition it to have only single partition because you won't benefit from having separate sd-ext partition with this variant build. I won't write anything about this as I expect you can reverse what you have done yourself.

Installation instructions:
    1. Flash TWRP-aceopt-2.8.7.0-unofficial.img in fastboot or your current TWRP (Install > Images > etc.)
    2. Reboot to recovery even if you are already in TWRP. You need to reboot to be in newly flashed aceopt TWRP.
    3. Wipe cache and system under Advanced wipe.
    4. Convert your sdcard to either EXT4 or F2FS under Advanced wipe by choosing data partition > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > EXT4 or F2FS.
    5. (Optional) If you had your old /data partition formatted as F2FS you also need to convert it to EXT4 meaning converting system partition in the aceopt recovery.
    6. At this point your sdcard is completely empty so you will need to move the ROM zip and any additional zips into sdcard or use adb sideload.
    7. Install cm-12.1-XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-aceopt.zip and gapps.
    8. Reboot

Notes:
    • This is no miracle cure to old device. It will mainly provide more storage space for user apps. Nevertheless, with fast sdcard this is likely as fast as this device will get due to pre-optimization involved and also due to usage of default ART dex2aot filter which is set to interpret-only in regular ace builds to save space which means most of the speed improvements that ART brought are gone.
    • Apart from pre-optimization, dex2aot filters and different partition layout these builds are exactly the same as regular builds.
    • Update flashes work as usual. If you want to perform clean flash afterwards just do factory reset and manually format system. DO NOT manually format data under any circumstances unless you want to lose everything on emulated sdcard too. You can think of formatting data in aceopt recovery is the same as formatting your sdcard in regular ace recovery. I have accidentally completely emptied my Nexus 5 by doing this so many times it's not even funny anymore.
    • If you want to switch back to regular ace builds later on you will need to format your sdcard again to have meaningful directory structure in it, or manually fix it.
    • Make sure you regularly backup your sdcard as a whole to protect yourself against sdcard hardware failure which will technically make all your user app data and sdcard data to disappear. I use Win32DiskImager to backup my Raspberry Pi sdcard and it should be ok for this purpose too on Windows. You can find other ways on other OSs from your favorite search engine.
    • Old /data is now /system
    • Old /sdcard is now both /data and /data/media (emulated sdcard).
    • Old /cache is still /cache
    • I might have forgotten something from this guide post. I'll update it if necessary.
    Busy, busy, busy...

This little fellow joined me today on my journey to maximum awesomeness. I'll be rather busy keeping him fed, active and safe for a while thus my time here will be more limited while he's figuring out the big world. For those interested, he's a Finnish Lapphund and just 7 weeks old. :)

It seems that I will be also moving in a month to more peaceful place at the countryside leaving the city behind. For some reason I always seem to get multiple big life changes happening to me at once. Anyways, things will be quite hectic for me at least during June.

I'm not abandoning anything though. Things will just slow down a bit and I thought it's polite to give a heads-up so everybody knows what to expect from the near future. Nothing prevents everyone else here to rock on helping each other to figure things out in the meanwhile. :good:
    I've been tinkering with something interesting for our low storage space issue to take my mind of WebView crash for a while since solving that issue became quite unproductive use of my time. Essentially I first changed the OS use data partition as system partition and then sd-ext partition as data partition but it felt somewhat clumsy to use since sd-ext is fixed in size.

Then I decided to try if it was possible to convert the OS to think we are running emulated sdcard device with only internal storage available. This practically meant reformatting sdcard as EXT4 (or F2FS) and mounting it as /data and making some changes to convert sdcard to be emulated one. In a nutshell, this gives you shared storage space for user apps and sdcard (just like internal storage only devices).

With the 8GB class 4 card that came with my device: http://i.imgur.com/Mvcvm0V.png

This setup allowed the system to be pre-optimized and by using PIC pre-optimization system boots up without optimizing or moving any dex files to anywhere (excluding gapps) which means first boot is "quite" fast.

This will require some changes to recovery to be used properly so I've been working with jrior001 to likely release separate TWRP build for this purpose. These builds will be built under different device variant called "aceopt" because this will require some level of knowledge from users to comprehend what's happening and not to break anything so I don't really want to force this change on everyone. Since this isn't 100% ready to go yet there can still pop up unexpected issues but hopefully nothing too difficult to solve but FYI this can still hit the wall. Having full sdcard available as space available for you to use seamlessly would be very nice though. Keep your fingers crossed for us. :p