Debrand and unlock your Samsung Focus S to receive updates immediately

Search This thread

cattrang

Mar 24, 2012
Unlock

I just wonder is this method unlock the carrier or just jailbreak the phone?
'cause I try it so many time, it just jailbreak the phone not unlock the carrier

jbedoya

Jun 15, 2008
I have to factory default/reset before get this working

Unfortunatelly, before running this, on previous days, I accepted and update to the Diagnosis tool, so when I try the process on the first post, it did not work.

I did factory reset to my Phone (tto bad i lost all my scores and levels in Angry Birds), and then have the right Diagnosis version.

I run the process on the fist post and I received the 2 updates,

Everything is working find

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Does anyone have a copy that can sharw for the the restore point from the Focus-S before the first update 7740?. Just to have it on hand in case warranty claims

DangKid

Jun 22, 2011
Sorry for the noob question but I am not familiar with WP. Is this a carrier unlock? I'd like to use this with Tmobile and not ATT.

armodons

Mar 10, 2012
LG G8
No, this is about unlocking your phone so you can sideload apps. For carrier unlock, you must use a code specific to your phone. Get it from you carrier or buy it online at numerous stores.

Reactions: DangKid

alan93

Dec 24, 2010
After unlocking and debranding, it went through about 6 or 7 updates. About 10 steps in each (hours).
Then it was locked again.
I repeated procedure and it is now unlocked but is this going to happen every it updates?
I'm worried one time it will not be unlockable.
I currently have 7.10.8862.144

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
The one to watch is the Samsung updates, even with the new firmware we can now unlock, it is possible to update to newer firmwares and remain unlocked, my suggestion is to keep relock prevent installed all the time, any update you should run that. And avoid installing Samsung updates and always always always make and keep safe backups, should you sudenly find your phone locked you can restore your backup, in sort don't worry, just be prepared

alan93

Dec 24, 2010
The one to watch is the Samsung updates, even with the new firmware we can now unlock, it is possible to update to newer firmwares and remain unlocked, my suggestion is to keep relock prevent installed all the time, any update you should run that. And avoid installing Samsung updates and always always always make and keep safe backups, should you sudenly find your phone locked you can restore your backup, in sort don't worry, just be prepared

Thanks, good point, and I had WP7 Root tools with prevent lock but that didn't help.
Is there another?

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
That works fine but as soon as you update to a major version change WP will automatically check relock it, you need to make sure their are no data coms, that will give you time to apply the relock prevent. I use the tool from windows break project

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

acryn

Jun 20, 2010
lipa city
fslclan.team-forum.net
if you know how to unlock no need to worry about the future updates that killed lock or relock that's simple:Di've tried and did it no problems about unlocking after updates

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

reallyannoyed

Dec 31, 2013
A Question

To confirm, this unlocks the phone as well as debrands it? I would be able to use a SIM card for a carrier other than AT&T after completing this?
Many thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was searching for a way to debrand my AT&T Samsung Focus S to receive the latest update and was at first surprised to find out that none of the registry editors work and secondly, that I could not find a simple way how to unbrand it.

So here is a simple way for anybody who was looking for the same thing.

Please note that this will unlock and debrand your phone (and I’ve also thrown in the 3G toggle tweak) but after you update to 7.10.8107.79 through Zune, you will no longer be able to use the ProvXML method of deploying registry settings (that we are using here).

All credit goes to Deathbyvegemite who told me what to do and Jaxbot and his WindowBreak Project which helped me figure out how to do it. :) This is really just a simple modification of his work, so I have to thank him and all the other people that have worked on this.

Okay, so to do this, please follow these steps:

1) Open your mobile browser and go to: http://www.kremese.sk/debrand_focus_s.zip
    2) The file will be opened. Follow the instructions and tap on “debrandfocuss.xml”
    3) Press Start
    4) Navigate to Phone
    5) Dial ##634#
    6) Type *#9908#
    7) Select DebrandFocusS
    8) Press Save and Reboot

After that, connect to Zune and you will receive the 8107 update.
    No, this is about unlocking your phone so you can sideload apps. For carrier unlock, you must use a code specific to your phone. Get it from you carrier or buy it online at numerous stores.